• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Im grateful for my new job. Too many severe injuries at the old job. The most extreme would have been the parking lot shooting and as a supervisor having to respond before medics got there. If any of y’all don’t think 9mm can put grown men on the ground with the bullets missing vitals, it can. The other would be a kid (early 20’s. He’s a kid) who improperly operated his equipment, being discovered in a pool of his own blood and having to respond before medics.
    Wtf dawg tell us the parking lot shooting story
    Gun Zone Deals

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Especially if you're the boss...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Never even thought about it but when I got a new redheaded secretary because the old one got a wild hair and put in for hourly I happily signed it because her attitude was a PITA. Hourly did pay better too if you could put up with your fellow workers. Anyway about twice a day I had to go over and shoo the lookylou's away from *********'* desk so she could try to get some work done. This was when harassment was in all the papers so I had to give a speech "this is *******and her name is *******not sis, honey, cutey, good looking and she works here and you don't. One guy was a real problem but I saw right away that she could cut him down to size and did it regularly. When I finally got away from that place I steadfastly avoided being boss again. BTW my director had me investigated for sexual harassment when the first one bugged out. He came up empty as an ammo sales rack the day after Christmas.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Wtf dawg tell us the parking lot shooting story
    I don’t even know if the cock suckers got apprehended. With that said...what I do know is supposedly night shift employees got done and rather than go home decided to drink in the parking lot. An argument was settled with bullets. I’m glad no one in the yard was struck. Each guy shot had two or three holes. So the direction the other shots went more than likely struck the concrete building.

I got a call over the radio to gtfo there fucking asap. Guys coming inside were saying they heard gun fire. I also get a call to bring a pack of water. So the only thing I had available was a big ass 32 pack. So I run with that over my shoulder for what seemed like nearing 300 yards. It’s a big place. **** I’m out of shape but I made myself do it. And no I didn’t have access to a golf cart. My boss at the time had seen combat so I did not question wtf he wanted. Get out there and one guys on the ground on his side in agony bleeding out. The other ain’t bleeding out as bad, sitting on his butt upright but rocking and in agony. I counted the holes in em...with how many shots people said they heard that’s why I said I was glad no one else got struck in the yard. I let my boss do his thing and give him whatever he needs from me. Eventually the medics arrive and we can attempt to go back to work.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    At Lake City I was on the team investigating a primer mixing house that "blew". Primer mixture was prepared in a modified Hobart mixer like you see in restaurants and cafeterias. We looked and looked, being careful not to step on any globs of live mix that had been slung around by the explosion. As I say, we looked for the operator and finally somebody, not me thank God, looked behind the blast door plastered to the front wall and there he was. End of story.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    My unit in Germany had a bar in the day room. Would open it up for holidays and special occasions. Thanks to it our company went five years and our battalion three years without a DUI.

Anyway, one night one of the troops got really drunk. His buddy helped him up to his billet. Sometime during the night the drunk woke up to his buddy "servicing" him. When the drunk woke up again, he filed a complaint/charges against his buddy.

When asked why he did not raise the issue when he woke up to what was going on - instead of the next day - he said "I was not sure if I enjoyed it or not."

Next episode "Taxi Driver prevents MI Troop from Defecting"

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    So many! We had a truck driver show up at the front gate and when the security guard opened the door to check his truck, there was a naked hooker in it.

A husband and wife both worked in downtown Houston. A bunch of friends would do happy hour once a week. It was near Christmas and wife needed to do some shopping, so she told husband she'd meet him at the bar. One of the guy's friends at the bar "made a connection" with a girl there and desperately needed a place to make it happen. So hubby loaned the guy the keys to his car. While they were doing the deed, wife decides to drop off her packages at the car before heading to the bar. She sees people in her car, runs to security, and the couple gets busted. Hubby shows up and gets them off the legal hook, but wife let's him know the rest of his evening is not going to be pleasant. ALL of this, every detail, ends up in the lengthy security report.

Speaking of doing the deed, that company had a control facility in Hockley that was built underground in the early 1960's to avoid nuclear weapons. The building is surrounded by trees, but outside of that was an employee's club and golf courses. (Sadly, all gone now.) During the company picnic, a young couple - both employees and not married - slipped into the wooded area and got after it. Apparently they were from a different division and didn't know about the control center. Inside the center, security cameras played on large TVs. Not only was it entertaining, but someone recognized at least one of the couple and the folks had the foresight to record the whole thing on VHS for the next shift.

At a tank farm on the Houston Ship Channel, we had a technician try to check a 1.4 KVa pump with a meter rated for 600 V. The arc went through his arm - cooking most of the meat - and came out just above his boots. The evening before, I had a company lawyer from HQ (Tulsa) in my office and I told him the place wasn't safe. He told me I was full of s***. Next morning, the near electrocution occurred. That lawyer never spoke to me again.

Same place, the maintenance foreman showed up early one morning and was surprised to see one of his guys already in the parking lot. He walked over to the guy's truck to greet him and discovered that the guy was smoking a joint. He could not make the guy understand why that was unacceptable, but he did fire him.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    When I worked night audit at a hotel I liked watching the hooker's come through the lobby asking for the elevator. Usually they had a nice smile coming in.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    One bright, cloudless but very cold winter morning as I was walking outside on Uncle Sam's bullet factory property I looked up at a small plane just as another came up and smacked it head on and they crashed to the ground on Lake City's 4000+ acre property. A recovery team, thankfully without me, was formed led by the XO Captain to the plant commander (a light colonel that was usually more concerned about paint and flagpoles, etc.) to visit the wreckage and recover the victims. When it was learned that the hittee plane was transporting an Army General of some organization to Fort Leavenworth MP's and CID came out of the woodwork. The hitter plane had taken off from a local unmanned field but there was no excuse it was a bright, clear cloudless day about mid-day. The Army being the Army, that was about all we ever heard. Small article in local papers and no more.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    So many! We had a truck driver show up at the front gate and when the security guard opened the door to check his truck, there was a naked hooker in it.

A husband and wife both worked in downtown Houston. A bunch of friends would do happy hour once a week. It was near Christmas and wife needed to do some shopping, so she told husband she'd meet him at the bar. One of the guy's friends at the bar "made a connection" with a girl there and desperately needed a place to make it happen. So hubby loaned the guy the keys to his car. While they were doing the deed, wife decides to drop off her packages at the car before heading to the bar. She sees people in her car, runs to security, and the couple gets busted. Hubby shows up and gets them off the legal hook, but wife let's him know the rest of his evening is not going to be pleasant. ALL of this, every detail, ends up in the lengthy security report.

Speaking of doing the deed, that company had a control facility in Hockley that was built underground in the early 1960's to avoid nuclear weapons. The building is surrounded by trees, but outside of that was an employee's club and golf courses. (Sadly, all gone now.) During the company picnic, a young couple - both employees and not married - slipped into the wooded area and got after it. Apparently they were from a different division and didn't know about the control center. Inside the center, security cameras played on large TVs. Not only was it entertaining, but someone recognized at least one of the couple and the folks had the foresight to record the whole thing on VHS for the next shift.

At a tank farm on the Houston Ship Channel, we had a technician try to check a 1.4 KVa pump with a meter rated for 600 V. The arc went through his arm - cooking most of the meat - and came out just above his boots. The evening before, I had a company lawyer from HQ (Tulsa) in my office and I told him the place wasn't safe. He told me I was full of s***. Next morning, the near electrocution occurred. That lawyer never spoke to me again.

Same place, the maintenance foreman showed up early one morning and was surprised to see one of his guys already in the parking lot. He walked over to the guy's truck to greet him and discovered that the guy was smoking a joint. He could not make the guy understand why that was unacceptable, but he did fire him.
    I believe that underground facility is now the wine bunker at a very expensive $150,000 initiation club that offers a championship golf course (their words), shooting, fishing, horseback riding and no telling what else. When my left leg and ankle were okay I played golf there with my next door neighbor all the time. It was called Houston Oaks and was very affordable until a clubhouse fire, change of ownership and wow did it take off. Without me of course, my retirement income couldn't keep up with the monthly dues, let alone the $150k. Now it's called The Clubs at Houston Oaks with a guard-gate and other snazzy features. It is on Hegar Road, north of FM 2920.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I believe that underground facility is now the wine bunker at a very expensive $150,000 initiation club.....

Yep, that's the place. It was great when I worked for that (now almost nonexistent) company. The old pipeliners made dozens of BBQ pits from the same pipe we used for natural gas, and the facility made it's own charcoal and put cans of kerosene in the pits. All you had to bring was the "meat and the matches" for a picnic. The clubhouse lake was stocked with catfish and you could bring the kids there and enjoy fishing. We had a shooting range for many years, and later added a bow shooting range. But, like a 1,000 other companies, it was run into the ground with mismanagement and they sold off everything they had except a couple of assets, then moved the HQ to Stamford Connecticut because that's the really cool place for rich CEOs to hang out together and molest small children or whatever else they enjoy doing.

American companies make enough money to exist because of momentum, not management. Exxon, for example, is run by idiots, but people buy gasoline so they continue to exist. All corporate management and board members are lemmings. They all went to the same schools, play the same sports, eat the same food. Nobody disagrees with anything they decide to do. When Enron went down the toilet, there was something like 2000 smaller companies that went down with them. They all knew that Enron's business model was a complete fraud, but it looked like they were getting rich, so they followed them like lemmings straight into the sea. I worked for one of the competing companies that just barely survived. I saw the corruption and stupid decisions, and yet I was sitting 3 feet away from the CEO when he said, "We're not like Enron!" A lot of innocent and hard working people got hurt by the decisions those bastards made.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Yep, that's the place. It was great when I worked for that (now almost nonexistent) company. The old pipeliners made dozens of BBQ pits from the same pipe we used for natural gas, and the facility made it's own charcoal and put cans of kerosene in the pits. All you had to bring was the "meat and the matches" for a picnic. The clubhouse lake was stocked with catfish and you could bring the kids there and enjoy fishing. We had a shooting range for many years, and later added a bow shooting range. But, like a 1,000 other companies, it was run into the ground with mismanagement and they sold off everything they had except a couple of assets, then moved the HQ to Stamford Connecticut because that's the really cool place for rich CEOs to hang out together and molest small children or whatever else they enjoy doing.

American companies make enough money to exist because of momentum, not management. Exxon, for example, is run by idiots, but people buy gasoline so they continue to exist. All corporate management and board members are lemmings. They all went to the same schools, play the same sports, eat the same food. Nobody disagrees with anything they decide to do. When Enron went down the toilet, there was something like 2000 smaller companies that went down with them. They all knew that Enron's business model was a complete fraud, but it looked like they were getting rich, so they followed them like lemmings straight into the sea. I worked for one of the competing companies that just barely survived. I saw the corruption and stupid decisions, and yet I was sitting 3 feet away from the CEO when he said, "We're not like Enron!" A lot of innocent and hard working people got hurt by the decisions those bastards made.
    Was friends in school with two guys that made it to the top, well probably more than two. These two, Williams Bros. and Winchester & Ruger said and did things that absolutely amazed and in the case of the Winchester & Ruger guy disgusted me.
    As for the club north of Hockley it just proves that some people do have more money than brains.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Lot of LC stories never told. Never heard any stories from the Ks powder plants. Sure there were several. Ok plants seem to have problems.

Top Bottom