DK Firearms

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I don’t even know if the cock suckers got apprehended. With that said...what I do know is supposedly night shift employees got done and rather than go home decided to drink in the parking lot. An argument was settled with bullets. I’m glad no one in the yard was struck. Each guy shot had two or three holes. So the direction the other shots went more than likely struck the concrete building.

I got a call over the radio to gtfo there fucking asap. Guys coming inside were saying they heard gun fire. I also get a call to bring a pack of water. So the only thing I had available was a big ass 32 pack. So I run with that over my shoulder for what seemed like nearing 300 yards. It’s a big place. **** I’m out of shape but I made myself do it. And no I didn’t have access to a golf cart. My boss at the time had seen combat so I did not question wtf he wanted. Get out there and one guys on the ground on his side in agony bleeding out. The other ain’t bleeding out as bad, sitting on his butt upright but rocking and in agony. I counted the holes in em...with how many shots people said they heard that’s why I said I was glad no one else got struck in the yard. I let my boss do his thing and give him whatever he needs from me. Eventually the medics arrive and we can attempt to go back to work.
    I never knew being a cock sucker was so dangerous. I quit using the patch........no that was smoking. Sorry!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    ... I became a POSH Instructor. That's "Prevention of Sexual Harassment" instructor. ...

The guys in the refinery used to call that "Charm School". Anyone sent to it would be tortured for weeks; like guys eating lunch with them would stick out their little pinky while drinking. Etc.

I got cautioned by an HR person for noting that the next day was Cinco de Mayo. We had an interview with a Hispanic guy (who we ended up hiring) on a Friday and he showed up early. I went to get him and we were talking about how traffic was unusually light. I mentioned that maybe since it was May 4, that people might be taking off for Cinco de Mayo. He said, "Oh, yeah, I hadn't thought of that." After the interview, the HR woman came to my office and chewed me out. I was seething mad and told her to go ahead and write it up. (I did not use the word b****, but I certainly thought it. I pointed out that since she was from Tulsa, maybe Cinco isn't a big deal, but in Houston it was celebrated like St. Patrick's Day. (All holidays that revolve around food and booze are amazingly popular and inclusive!) Also, the guy wasn't Mexican, he was Columbian and couldn't find that to be an insult under any circumstances.

At Christmas time, the department all got together one evening for dinner and I met the guy's wife. Now she is Mexican-American, the same as my wife. In fact, it turned out they both went to the same high school in the Valley. Her reaction to the story was, "Wow, that HR lady is really full of s***."

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I was given that advice by the old timers many years ago. I found it to be very, very good advice. Teach your kids that rule and they may avoid some serious heartbreak.

One of the auto repair shops I worked at years ago after leaving my uncle's shop, an old timer I worked with, gave me some sage advice.

If you're going to cheat on your wife, make sure who you're cheating with is better than what's at home, because you may end up with her.

Of course this was several years before I got married the first time, but still damn good advice.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Oddly enough, there were lots of families at my former employer. The place was large enough that no one needed to be in the same division as their family members.

The running joke was that the only people who had the patience to walk a potential employee through the mountain of application paperwork would have to be a family member.

And that once you worked there, the only people dumb enough to marry you probably already work at the same bureau.

:)

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    One of the best jobs I ever had was working for a family years ago. The shop manager was close friend I had known and worked with for over thirty years and needed a new mechanic because their current one was moving out of state to get married. "Steve" and I had come up together in a company from mechanics to supervisors to shop managers. Steve left before I did for much of the same reasons as I did.

Steve was the shop manager over the diesel repair side of the business owned by "Rob" and "Claire" and Steve was Rob's cousin, and Steve's wife and Claire were cousins! Don't worry, it gets even more confusing! "Mark" was the shop manager over the welding and machine shop side of the business. One of my older cousins and Mark had worked together at another welding shop in town and were best friends so I already knew Mark from years before.

Rob and Claire treated everyone in the shop like family and friends. They were some of the best people I had ever worked for in my life. They paid very well too, and the Christmas bonus every year was pretty danged good. Rob gave all the guys in the shop pretty decent sized gift certificates to Gander Mountain, and I bought a couple of rifles and reloading equipment with mine over the years. Another plus, was everyone in the shop was into guns, and many times after we closed in the evening, we'd be out back test firing various guns.

Top Bottom