• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Circa 1982, I heard the unmistakable sound of the guy in the next stall chopping up his lines of cocaine and sniffing them off the package shelf. That was weird because it was so unsanitary. I mean, who would sniff anything off the package shelf in the stall of a public restroom in a federal building?

Any coke fiend....
    Lynx Defense

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    A job I worked a LONG time ago, it was well known to seemingly everyone but me that cocaine use was basically commonplace. So one typical evening after work we were at a bar having some drinks and whatnot, and coming out of the bathroom I'm met by one of the gals I worked with.

Her: Hey, you got any blow?
    Me: Got any what?
    Her: Coke.
    Me: <eyes suddenly wide open now> NO?!??!
    Her: <turns red, leaves the bar>
    Her b/f and coworker: Hey, you seen <girls name>?
    Me: <nervously> No, I think she left.

Come to find out she thought I was one of the club. I've calmed down a lot over the years, but I'm still pretty high energy. Not exactly the sit down and relax type.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The grid.
    That's what I see.
    Cables. Conductors. Insulators. Towers.
    Bolts, nuts and hardware that keep it all together.
    Fuses, breakers, relays.

I can't even drive down a highway without studying lines and poles.
    Wondering if the dispatch or patrolman know the troubles I've seen in the last few miles.

I often get asked, "how do you see issues so quick?"

I've spent more than half my life chasing outages in the dark. A spotlight shining on wires and poles at 2am.

Watching new construction in the daylight almost makes me feel guilty.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I do recall one sort of interesting incident that happened when I was a night shift supervisor.

We all had clocked out for lunch break about 3 am in the morning. Well about an hour later, I inquired where one the guys was, and someone told me his wife had brought him his lunch, so he was probably out in the car with here eating and spending time with her.

Well, I wandered out to the parking lot and saw his wife's car and walked up and started to knock on the window, but when I noticed the "activity" going on, I just turned around and walked back to my office.

He came into the shop shortly afterwards, and I guess he has seen me come out there. He started apologizing and was scared I was going to write him up! Honestly, I couldn't even think of any rules he had violated. He was off the clock, in her vehicle, and she was his wife. I did mention if wanted to participate in such "activity" again, to find a little more discreet location the next time.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    On my way back to work after picking up some lunch, I saw a car parked in the grass across from a neighboring plant. The doors away from the street were open and a guy was laying on the ground. Thinking there must be a problem, I stopped to render assistance. To my surprise, the guy on the ground was just waiting his turn while his buddy was banging an ugly, fat prostitute in the car. Apparently, they both worked at the neighboring plant. After that, I'd see that same car parked there at least once a week for several months.

A company I worked for bought a tank farm on the Houston Ship Channel. Years ago, it was common for prostitutes to come on site and "service" the ships at the dock. The previous owners got nervous that they might be considered accomplices to a crime, so they told the prostitutes that they had to have some other purpose to come on site. So the girls would come down to the ships to sell them telephone cards. (Not so long ago, long distance was pretty expensive and probably still is for overseas calls, so people would buy cards to pay.) There was a lady that came to work for the EHS department and one day she saw a group of "phone card girls" heading to the ship. She turned to her boss and said, "What's wrong with those women? How can they walk up the gang plank or walk around the ship in those high heels, and you know it's not very professional to wear those tight fitting dresses. Shouldn't they be wearing Nomex?" Her boss laughed so hard he nearly needed oxygen. He said, "Sandy, how many phones do you think there are on that ship?" He had to explain it to her, and she was mortified. When we took over, our corporate lawyers hired a law firm to look into our potential liability and eventually we locked out the phone card girls.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Speaking of bathroom stalls, my brother and I had a guy come into a restroom and take a dump while we were installing the bathroom partitions.

We're hanging the door on the handicap stall and he sneaks into the other unit to take care of business.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Saw a lot of cocaine at work. For instance the 2,300 pounds we seized in Laredo back in April 1996 while I was temporarily there on a detail.

1619869451389.jpeg

There was quite a lot more to the story, which was different than what was released to the press and then printed in that article, about the investigation associated with the seizure of almost 2,300 pounds of cocaine.

1619869337964.jpeg

The group I was working with on the case.

1619869276995.jpeg

Yours truly receiving a commissioner's citation for my work on that case.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Saw a lot of cocaine at work. For instance the 2,300 pounds we seized in Laredo back in April 1996 while I was temporarily there on a detail.

View attachment 254380

There was quite a lot more to the story, which was different than what was released to the press and then printed in that article, about the investigation associated with the seizure of almost 2,300 pounds of cocaine.

View attachment 254378

View attachment 254376

Cool story Glenn. BTW, Sonny Crockett wants to know where you left his Ferrari!

JK!

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

View attachment 254380

View attachment 254378

View attachment 254376

It's weird walking into work and smelling fresh hydro... in a sealed bag in an evidence locker, but it still make the whole building smell. It smells better than bo/sweaty vests so I'm not complaining.

I would post about the last drugs I found, but it doesn't hold a candle to what you have seized, mine was in the gram/Oz range.

One of the funnier stories was we got a CHECK WELFARE call for a guy sleeping in the drivers seat at a gas pump. We show up, and start talking to him and he is clearly high, but wasn't driving, so nearly free and clear. When he steps out of the car I noticed some bars (alprazolam) loose, in the door pocket. "He man, do you take any prescriptions?" "No, nothing", "cool"... while he is getting talked to I start a PC search and in the front find a few pills, a pipe, a little weed and a USPS shipping label that had been torn from a package and sharpied over (still readable in the right light...) nothing in the back seat, but the trunk had two big vacuum sealed bags of high grade hydro weighing four pounds in a USPS shipping box with a torn of shipping label. Both bags had been opened and a small amount looked to be missing.

This pot head dealer had the weed shipped to his house from Cali, left it in the car, got high on his own supply, passed out in the car then got found by us. He was paranoid enough to tear off and sharpie out the shipping label, but stoner enough to not get around to throwing it away, it still cracks me up thinking about how he got busted. Street narcs hit the house soon after and found more stuff iirc.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Top Bottom