• ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Doug,

Going to go against the grain here but be careful about hanging all these doodads on your rifle.
    You'll find it makes your stick unwieldly and heavy.
    This ^. The LVPO should obviate any need for a buis.
    Consider it done... errr... not done... if I figure out I need,em I'll add'em later. Thanks! Saved $250.00's

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Tarus has some picatinny Christmas lights and decoration holders I got my eye on if they go on sale!!!!

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Am I pissed off at LaRue? I checked the status of my order. In one place it has
    "STATUS: FLAGGED

In another area it says STATUS: Compliance pending verification.

They have listed the FFL I'm using. I was not asked to provide any FFL info beyond the name.

So... guess I'll give'em a call Monday and see what's up.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Or they haven't shipped to him before and need a copy of his FFL.
    My issue is if any of that is the case. Why didn't they say something at the time of purchase instead of now and losing a week with something that could of be dealt with immediately?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Not unusual. When I’ve ordered from specialty places online I’ve also notified my FFL and asked them to send their info to the shipper. Ounce of prevention and all that. You probably haven’t lost a week either; I suspect the build order and the ship order processes are somewhat separated.

This is a case where patience is a virtue.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Couple'a thangs... I was never a big fan of Primary Arms to begin with. 2 weeks after placing my order there's no updates, no information on the order process. They've shut down their phone system so the only way to communicate with them is via e-mail that provides you an automated response. Sooo... sent an email. Waited 4 days never received a response. Sent an email canceling the order - RECEIVED EMAIL THE SAME DAY THAT MY ORDER HAD BEEN CANCELED.

Also received another automated email responding to my first email questioning the status of the order - The LVPO was "out of stock". I simply ask for order status and when/if the order would ship. Oh well... gave me an excuse to up my game so to speak...

This is the new lvpo that I'll be putting on the LaRue...

Also... getting pretty concerned that I may never actually receive the LaRue AR15 due to a potential change in administration in the White House. Sooo... thinking about getting one I can find in stock, somewhere, if that's even possible. Not looking to spend what I spent on the LaRue and may start looking at the Smith&Wesson - again.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Also... getting pretty concerned that I may never actually receive the LaRue AR15 due to a potential change in administration in the White House. Sooo... thinking about getting one I can find in stock, somewhere, if that's even possible. Not looking to spend what I spent on the LaRue and may start looking at the Smith&Wesson - again.
    Good backup plan.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    From my experience ordering from Larue (ordered several during the o'bummer years for customers), they are most likely working to get to your build. There are most likely several in que. The paperwork portion is just a formality and as @toddnjoyce stated, should have no effect on your build. I know it's hard to be patient (try getting a suppressor and waiting on that), but they will be diligently working towards the end goal, getting you the rifle you ordered. Also, they will most likely throw in some Dillo Dust and a keychain.
    As far as getting a second rifle, I'd put that into work, never hurts to have a spare.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    From my experience ordering from Larue (ordered several during the o'bummer years for customers), they are most likely working to get to your build. There are most likely several in que. The paperwork portion is just a formality and as @toddnjoyce stated, should have no effect on your build. I know it's hard to be patient (try getting a suppressor and waiting on that), but they will be diligently working towards the end goal, getting you the rifle you ordered. Also, they will most likely throw in some Dillo Dust and a keychain.
    As far as getting a second rifle, I'd put that into work, never hurts to have a spare.
    Got'cha... I don't have any issue with the lead time from LaRue. They told me up front - 6 months. I suppose it could be sooner or even later. But... I keep seeing shit and fan getting closer and closer together! My very first post on this web site stated "I don't know what's coming but - I'm trying to get ready for it!" In that regard - nothing has changed!!! But yeah... I ain't heard nobody complaining about having too many AR15's.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    This might tide you over until the La Rue arrives.

Zach5065

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2020
    Austin
    actually... recently Academy has had fairly good inventory of the 5.56 and 7.62x39 calibers and their pricing is acceptable. Just judging as an observer it looks like, for the previous 2-3 weeks, the ammo mfgs. concentrated on rifle ammunition as it was staying in inventory much longer than what has been normal. At the same time 9mm, in quantities, became way more difficult to locate. As of yesterday it seems the pistol ammo is back in inventory a little stronger than it had been being. All of this could be driven by primer availability as well.

I think I want to stay with a Semi-automatic whatever caliber/style I end up with.

Thus far no one has commented on pistol caliber rifles. Bad idea? Specifically I'd be looking at a rifle 9mm.

Most of 9mm rounds are designed for pistol, so putting them through a 16" barrel may affect their performance. But I have to be honest, It is not a bad choice for home defense. The 556 and 762 could be overpowered for the urban environment. Those could penetrate the walls too easily.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Most of 9mm rounds are designed for pistol, so putting them through a 16" barrel may affect their performance. But I have to be honest, It is not a bad choice for home defense. The 556 and 762 could be overpowered for the urban environment. Those could penetrate the walls too easily.
    Yup to everything you said. I made the decision to go with the 5.56 AR. The idea is to use a CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom for HD, a Sig P365 for PD and a FNS-9C for backup. Then use the 5.56 AR for threats that none of the previous choices would be a good fit for.

Zach5065

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2020
    Austin
    Yup to everything you said. I made the decision to go with the 5.56 AR. The idea is to use a CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom for HD, a Sig P365 for PD and a FNS-9C for backup. Then use the 5.56 AR for threats that none of the previous choices would be a good fit for.

That is a great setup! Mine is similar. I use SW MP Compact for HD, a Sig p365 for PD, and a Springfield Saint rifle.

Top Bottom