• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Most of 9mm rounds are designed for pistol, so putting them through a 16" barrel may affect their performance. But I have to be honest, It is not a bad choice for home defense. The 556 and 762 could be overpowered for the urban environment. Those could penetrate the walls too easily.

Most pistol cartridges when used in rifle have an increase in velocity and energy.

Zach5065

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2020
    Austin
    Most pistol cartridges when used in rifle have an increase in velocity and energy.

Yes. I think the Military Arm's Channel did a test for some of the Self-defence rounds. It seems the extra velocity was affecting how the bullet spread. I am not an expert in this field. I think all of them would be pretty effective in a short-range.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Yes. I think the Military Arm's Channel did a test for some of the Self-defence rounds. It seems the extra velocity was affecting how the bullet spread. I am not an expert in this field. I think all of them would be pretty effective in a short-range.

Lot more to it than just that. Ballistics, is a very complicated area when it comes to ammo, and how it performs.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    This might tide you over until the La Rue arrives.

Thanks! I've got it in the cart.... but ain't pulled the trigger - yet!

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Thanks! I've got it in the cart.... but ain't pulled the trigger - yet!

I’ve got a couple PSA rifles and I’ve been real happy with them. I went shooting with some friends a couple months ago, and they all had LaRues, Daniel Defense, and Colts, and my Aero lower and PSA upper rang steel just as loud at 100 as any of them, and I had a total of about $350 in the build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Couple'a thangs... I was never a big fan of Primary Arms to begin with. 2 weeks after placing my order there's no updates, no information on the order process. They've shut down their phone system so the only way to communicate with them is via e-mail that provides you an automated response. Sooo... sent an email. Waited 4 days never received a response. Sent an email canceling the order - RECEIVED EMAIL THE SAME DAY THAT MY ORDER HAD BEEN CANCELED.

Also received another automated email responding to my first email questioning the status of the order - The LVPO was "out of stock". I simply ask for order status and when/if the order would ship. Oh well... gave me an excuse to up my game so to speak...

This is the new lvpo that I'll be putting on the LaRue...

Also... getting pretty concerned that I may never actually receive the LaRue AR15 due to a potential change in administration in the White House. Sooo... thinking about getting one I can find in stock, somewhere, if that's even possible. Not looking to spend what I spent on the LaRue and may start looking at the Smith&Wesson - again.

They're probably just overwhelmed right now. I've dealt with them many times, and they have always been fast to reply to messages, fast to ship, and overall pleasant to deal with.

That's a sweet looking optic BTW. LVPOs are starting to become by go to optic. I like red dots, but my eyes suck so anything past 100 yards becomes hard to hit for me. I usually go with the Vortex Strike Eagles because they're cheap and I kind of like their simple (uncluttered) reticle.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Lot more to it than just that. Ballistics, is a very complicated area when it comes to ammo, and how it performs.

Which is why it's always a good idea to test stuff. For 9mm out of a rifle for self defense, I think loading the 9mm with the 125gr hollow points designed for 357 Sig would be a good idea. The 357 Sig bullets are specifically designed for higher velocities than 9mm.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    LaRue update....

1608237764753.png

Dear Doug W.,
    The status of order ###### has been changed to "Lowers".

Be advised: tracking numbers will not work until UPS has scanned the packages at their hub.

To view your order, please click here.

Tracking #ContentsShip Date
    TRACKING INFO NOT AUTHORIZED FOR REGULATED ITEMS
    (Tracking available after carrier pickup)
    • 1 x LaRue Billet Lowers (5.56/Black)
    12/17/2020

Thanks,
    Team LaRue

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    My neighbor and partner in crime hunted rabbits in the scrubs with a 3030, then Jimmy got a 300 Savage. It was fun being 12 before the boogie man

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    LaRue update....

View attachment 237238

Dear Doug W.,
    The status of order ###### has been changed to "Lowers".

Be advised: tracking numbers will not work until UPS has scanned the packages at their hub.

To view your order, please click here.

Tracking #ContentsShip Date
    TRACKING INFO NOT AUTHORIZED FOR REGULATED ITEMS
    (Tracking available after carrier pickup)
    • 1 x LaRue Billet Lowers (5.56/Black)
    12/17/2020

Thanks,
    Team LaRue
    Was does that mean? Are they sending it in pieces? I thought you ordered a complete assembled rifle.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Was does that mean? Are they sending it in pieces? I thought you ordered a complete assembled rifle.
    I ordered the stripped lower and an assembled upper - which includes the parts to complete the lower. The completed upper is what's taking 6 months to get. As I understand it there's an 11% Fed. Tax on completed firearms. Ordering it as I did avoids that tax.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    I ordered the stripped lower and an assembled upper - which includes the parts to complete the lower. The completed upper is what's taking 6 months to get. As I understand it there's an 11% Fed. Tax on completed firearms. Ordering it as I did avoids that tax.

I'll bet it's the barrel that's taking 6 months. I waited three months to get the barrel by itself for my M16A1 clone build. Barrels are in short supply right now due to this covid baloney.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I'll bet it's the barrel that's taking 6 months. I waited three months to get the barrel by itself for my M16A1 clone build. Barrels are in short supply right now due to this covid baloney.
    Yeah, when I spoke with them the barrel was mentioned plus, I think, a few other items.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Welp I did pull the trigger on this one.

It's a bit more but it comes with upgraded fire control group, hand guard style I like better and FDE coloring I'm a bit fond of.

That should be a nice rifle. I don't have an AR from them but I can vouch for their AK's. Very well made and haven't had a single failure so far. PSA will back any issues you might have as well, they have excellent product support.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Ok... so I have the LVPO in the basket at OpticsPlanet.

Need to order 34mm mount but looked at Trijicon's offerings and was less that excited about their mounts. I had ordered a cantilever mount from PrimaryArms, which I liked, but that was cancelled along with the LVPO. Anyone want to offer up mount recommendations? Ultimately this will be going on the LaRue build but will mount on the PSA AR for now.

Top Bottom