• ...and so much more!
  • Grundy1133

Born on a Monday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    I'm waiting for my LTC to process and deliver. I'm thinking about getting used to the idea of having a loaded gun in my car, before keeping one on my person? What do you think? I have a safe I can put in it and would only leave it in the safe/car when at work. Then pull it out into the console and hang it with one of those magnets, when driving? I've heard about people new to carrying don't keep a round in the chamber until they're used to carrying. Think I should try that too, or just go cocked n locked?

Thanks,
    Higgins909
    Honestly if you have good trigger discipline go cocked n locked... IF you DON'T I wouldn't recommend it becuase you don't want any ADs. (but I would HOPE that since you took the LTC course you have decent trigger discipline but i know a few people in my class kept gettin yelled at by our instructor in the form of "FINGER. OFF. THE. TRIGGER.")

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Honestly if you have good trigger discipline go cocked n locked... IF you DON'T I wouldn't recommend it becuase you don't want any ADs. (but I would HOPE that since you took the LTC course you have decent trigger discipline but i know a few people in my class kept gettin yelled at by our instructor in the form of "FINGER. OFF. THE. TRIGGER.")
    aka ND

Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    What you have described are classic MISTAKES. Please take whatever training you need to become comfortable carrying a loaded, round-in-chamber weapon on your person.
    Your recitation of classic errors is sufficient to make me suspect that you are a "troll".
    Your post is like a compilation of known BAD IDEAS !

leVieux
    Sorry, didn't know. That's why I brought it up here. I was wanting to mount the magnet in the console and close the console. It would be concealed then and in the event of a accident... it wouldn't leave the console at least... hopefully. Guess I could look for more of a holster to somehow mount in it. What did you think about leaving the firearm in the safe when at work part? I think some of my coworkers do this. I can say that having anything extra on you, in my line of work is fairly uncomfortable. I don't recall anything about company policy regarding CC. Even if it did allow, I don't think I want to.

...I have yet to try and actually carry in my car.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Good info so far. If your main concern revolves around carry one round chambered, (as everyone has assumed it will be a semi-auto), go ahead and buy a double action only revolver. You know you're gonna' want to buy more guns down the road anyway! :banana:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Good info so far. If your main concern revolves around carry one round chambered, (as everyone has assumed it will be a semi-auto), go ahead and buy a double action only revolver. You know you're gonna' want to buy more guns down the road anyway! :banana:

Very good advice. But, the O.P. should try to learn more. I always tell those wanting to C.C. this: "The BEST gun for C.C.is the one most likely to BE THERE when needed. Therefore, don't start too big. A "J-frame" is an excellent start for almost any "newbie". leVieux

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Learning more and trying to become more and more effective is good.

That’s the place I where I try to live with these issues anyways.

I’ve got to where I’m comfortable CCing completely stealthed at work because it’s, at least, legal to. And the chances of a nut job walking in to where I work, let’s be honest, is pretty high. So yeah, my life is worth something (more than a job, even a high paying one).

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Learning more and trying to become more and more effective is good.

That’s the place I where I try to live with these issues anyways.

I’ve got to where I’m comfortable CCing completely stealthed at work because it’s, at least, legal to. And the chances of a nut job walking in to where I work, let’s be honest, is pretty high. So yeah, my life is worth something (more than a job, even a high paying one).

May be a tough decision.

BillRedding

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    May be a tough decision.
    ...or maybe not?

"So yeah, my life is worth something (more than a job, even a high paying one)."
    -- Wildcat Diva

Then CARRY...no one will know unless you tell them.
    The only places I do not take my gun is where there are metal detectors...or onto Federal property (VA Clinics, USPS, SS Office, military bases).
    -- BR

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Yep, you’re right.

^^^ hard decision? not really.

They actually were forced (because they have government ties/ funding) to at least half assed make a LTC policy but they never completed the procedure for “training us.” I just got tired of waiting for them to finish the policy (2 years ago now) and didn’t feel like pushing the issue as apparently I was the only one who applied to “exercise my right.”

BillRedding

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I "exercise my right" (carrying the "tool" required TO exercise my right of Self-Defense) regardless of any laws or signs to the contrary. But that's just me. I just try to avoid getting caught (like on Federal property) as I don't want my gun confiscated, but otherwise, to hell with them.
    So stores, restaurants, malls, theaters...its a go. But MOST times, I just don't patronize an anti-gun business, I boycott them. Malls I HAVE to go to (but only occasionally).
    But in your case @ work, and if your life IS "worth something" as you believe, then you need to listen to yourself and CARRY. At least a good EDC fighting knife (that's instantly-deployable using one hand only) if not a gun.
    I EDC a gun AND knife...defense-in-depth. At my age, fisticuffs (hands, feet, elbows and knees) is a LAST resort!
    Regards,
    -- BR

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I’m with ya.

Normally it’s a gun and a knife for me, EDC. :)

My concealed carry game (on body carry) is SPOT ON stealth mode now. I just have to watch out for if a little kid randomly tries to hug me around the waist when I’m not ready to lean my gun further in to my body to deflect (Yes, I work with youth).

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The only places I do not take my gun is where there are metal detectors...or onto Federal property (VA Clinics, USPS, SS Office, military bases).

You do know the law (18 U.S. Code §930) is for Federal facilities, not property (except for the post office, which can make its own separate rules for some reason) meaning "a building or part thereof owned or leased by the Federal Government, where Federal employees are regularly present for the purpose of performing their official duties."

It is a common misconception that Federal law prohibits private weapons on military bases, which isn't the case. Most times it's the base commander's policy, although some locations (such as Lackland) post signs (incorrectly) claiming it's 18 USC §930...

As for the post office, it's the Code of Federal Regulations – Title 39 §232.1(l) that states "No person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for official purposes." "Property" in this instances applies to all real property under the charge and control of the Postal Service, which would include the parking lot. In other words, legally you cannot even have a firearm in your vehicle on USPS property...

Top Bottom