• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Everyone, please be careful what you post where others can see it. Or, where a court order could expose it at a very bad time in your life.

leVieux

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I have a safe I can put in it and would only leave it in the safe/car when at work.
    Damn it! I was hoping for another Hoji rant...

hang it with one of those magnets, when driving
    I'm not a fan of the magnet method. Get into a fender bender or even hit a very large pothole and your gun will be loose. You can probably inconspicuously mount a holster somewhere. Remember it needs to stay "concealed".

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Damn it! I was hoping for another Hoji rant...

I'm not a fan of the magnet method. Get into a fender bender or even hit a very large pothole and your gun will be loose. You can probably inconspicuously mount a holster somewhere. Remember it needs to stay "concealed".
    This
    Truck holster 5 50%.jpg
    then cover it with a bandanna.

BillRedding

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    As per some people above, I also am unavailable for comment re: guns on USPS property. ;-)
    However, I DO wonder how many guns they'd find in all the parking lots of all the USPS properties in the nation.
    And as mentioned earlier, I'm sure there are a few guns in all those cars in VA Clinic parking lots, too.
    Does anyone know if the Air Force Academy base (Colorado Springs) is a no-gun zone?
    I always wanted to visit there (maybe go to the PX, Commissary or whatever) -- but due to the yellow "Guns on Board" sign hanging in my car window (similar to the "Baby on Board" signs), I thought I'd better not try.
    Was I right? ;-)
    -- BR

Last edited:

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I know of a small town US P.O. that has a 8.5x11 photocopy of a gunbusters sign on the entry door. BTW, I have a red and a blue bandanna for most places. A rainbow colored one for visiting Austin.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I know of a small town US P.O. that has a 8.5x11 photocopy of a gunbusters sign on the entry door. BTW, I have a red and a blue bandanna for most places. A rainbow colored one for visiting Austin.
    Do you also go to the rainbow bars?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    As per some people above, I also am unavailable for comment re: guns on USPS property. ;-)
    However, I DO wonder how many guns they'd find in all the parking lots of all the USPS properties in the nation.
    And as mentioned earlier, I'm sure there are a few guns in all those cars in VA Clinic parking lots, too.
    Does anyone know if the Air Force Academy base (Colorado Springs) is a no-gun zone?
    I always wanted to visit there (maybe go to the PX, Commissary or whatever) -- but due to the yellow "Guns on Board" sign hanging in my car window (similar to the "Baby on Board" signs), I thought I'd better not try.
    Was I right? ;-)
    -- BR

You are serious about the "guns on board" sign?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I always wanted to visit there (maybe go to the PX, Commissary or whatever)

-- BR

Last time I was there (2016 for my retirement ceremony), it was still like almost every military assignment I’ve ever had. Privately owned firearms must be registered with Security Forces and have unit commander approval to store on base.

No carry of any type; transport in a case, no ammo in the weapon itself.

Base Exchange and commissary are small; Ft Carson and Peterson AFB are the bigger NAF services.

Also, with it being Colorado and all, you can’t bring any marijuana or marijuana-derived product/substance/thing on a federal installation.

BillRedding

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    To the people who don't get what emoticons are for to indicate meanings/emotions/moods when using text-only: No, I am not serious about the "Guns on Board" sign. Really, how could ANYONE take that seriously?
    However, there IS a spot next to where Garfield is clinging to the inside of the window where I COULD put such a sign if I wanted to...but first I'd have to move the "Hillary for President" sign I still have there: I was heartbroken over her losing and haven't been able to remove the sign as I've been in mourning since then. ;-)
    Please note (again) ANOTHER emoticon...
    -- BR

BillRedding

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    toddnjoyce:
    Thanks for the info...that's what I figured, and so never went: Too much trouble to take my "arsenal" out of the car AND go out for even an afternoon completely UNarmed. That not be cool...
    As for going to the Academy vs. Peterson AFB, the Academy is more scenic there in the Front Range foothills & pine trees. Peterson...not so much. But I DID go to Ft. Carson once, but just drove around, no stopping.
    At least I took a bunch of pics of the Academy when I Lived there (could see it from my apt's balcony)...AND pics/video of the Thunderbirds performing each year @ graduation.
    -- BR

Last edited:
    Top Bottom