• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    All good.points....
    Portland is a nice community...very conservative...don't think bars or liquor stores are allowed in city limits....buy your beer at HEB and drink at home or drink at the restaurants that serve alcohol if that is your thing...
    Country Club has very nice golf course..

Don't tell my wife; she's the drinker. I am the occasional beer drinker. I've been to poor mans country club in Rockport a few times. I love that place. Especially in the summer when boats are out in force.

I know it used to be dry but I guess that's been lifted, while there are no traditional bars here we have two liquor stores and A1, K-Bob's, Chilis, Applebee's, and Peps all have full liquor bars.

My wife drinks those. I cannot even stomach the smell.

Same on both accounts

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Chup hunter- they have a spankys liquor in Portland. I've been invited to a bar over there too. There's not another liquor store I can remember.

There was Jesse's liquor across the street from HEB and a Spanky's in the strip that K-Bobs is in, Jesse's got bought out and now we have two Spanky's.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Ok. I gotta ask....why was traffic being directed ON the Harbor Bridge? The ship channel is directly below and has no effect on the traffic directly above it... inquiring minds want to know...lol

View attachment 32325

It was a major media event when the sub first came here. The outside lane of the bridge was closed in each direction for pedestrians. We were up there to keep cars moving (people tried to stop on the bridge) and to keep cars and people apart.

It was pretty awesome when she came up the ship channel and under the bridge into the harbor. She was accompanied by a tug, Coast Guard and other boats. I remember a military helicopter as well.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    According to my wife... the best margaritas on town are at Hacienda Vieja on Staples St. in CC.
    then we gotta get together,
    i make them mister universe strong. The secret is do it in levels. 1st a little stiff and by the end of the night. Shooters. Tequila makes her clothes fall off. Me and my Jimmy buffet machine. Yea baby

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    then we gotta get together,
    i make them mister universe strong. The secret is do it in levels. 1st a little stiff and by the end of the night. Shooters. Tequila makes her clothes fall off. Me and my Jimmy buffet machine. Yea baby

Sounds like you can make a mean margarita... yeah, pm me next trip to corpus. Last time ya came for the shrimp festival, my wife had a kidney procedure and we couldn't make it.....

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    It was a major media event when the sub first came here. The outside lane of the bridge was closed in each direction for pedestrians. We were up there to keep cars moving (people tried to stop on the bridge) and to keep cars and people apart.

It was pretty awesome when she came up the ship channel and under the bridge into the harbor. She was accompanied by a tug, Coast Guard and other boats. I remember a military helicopter as well.

Forgot about that.... I didn't get a chance to visit the sub when it was here....

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    K bobs never impressed me but the salad bar is on point, across the highway fro walmart there's an A1 steakhouse that's pretty decent. In Gregory (and Rockport) there's Mac's BBQ that is good stuff. Plus Portland has an academy now that's never packed like the Corpus store lol.

The PO boy at macs.

craftkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Rockport, Texas
    Down here visiting for the 2nd time in a couple years. The sea air is nice in the morning. I could get use to this.
    Yes it is, id forgotten about it...lol. left Three Rivers the other day and headed back to my office and its on shoreline. Walked outside and the sea breeze hit me..... quite refreshing.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    So Monday im planning on telling my boss I would like a transfer. Hopefly he can make a call or two and get the ball rolling. I'll be heading to Corpus in the morning and coming back Sunday. I'm not going to bother looking at homes until I know more of what's going on with the job.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Good vibes your way brother, I've been seeing quite a few for lease signs around and there was an owner lease to own that got snatched up in my neighborhood. Say the word and I can start getting addresses and phone numbers for you. Also as an FYI the realtor we worked with also handles rental homes and they're a small local family owned company, if you're wanting Portland area look into Cass Real Estate they absolutely hustled for us and I highly recommend them.

Top Bottom