• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Since you don’t want to dip into the car fund then you have the insurance money to play with. Maybe take a step back and get something that is close but not ideal. Maybe not even a P/U? Down the road you get the one you really want with all features.

Another option that we used was the car dealer had a 3 year 0% loan. So instead of paying cash we financed. That way we kept the cash on hand and got a return on it to boot. We did have a car payment but it was by choice.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Since you don’t want to dip into the car fund then you have the insurance money to play with. Maybe take a step back and get something that is close but not ideal...
    Yeah, all options are in the table right now. Sat in a Ford Edge in the top level trim and it’s Lincoln equivalent yesterday. For what I expect the settlement to be, gently used and well appointed seems widely available.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Yeah, all options are in the table right now. Sat in a Ford Edge in the top level trim and it’s Lincoln equivalent yesterday. For what I expect the settlement to be, gently used and well appointed seems widely available.

My girlfriend has an Edge. I like it a lot. I prefer my Tahoe for a long trip, but the Edge is nice. Zero problems over 3 years. Easy to park, etc.

My brother in law has a 28’ travel trailer. It’s got squirrely a few times behind his 1/2 ton Dodge. Big winds come in unexpectedly, and he’s parked somewhere. You should probably get the 2500 if your trailer is that big.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    81E31C55-0CCE-4128-B6A8-1D1D18E95ABF.jpeg

You know you want to.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Son bought a new Titan 4X4 V8 about 3 weeks ago. I helped him put a leveling kit on the front and a new HD bumper this weekend.....grill guard on his next days off.....says he gets 19 mpg on the highway.......cooled and heated leather seats....the works.....nice truck....never asked what he gave for it.....some things you just don't ask.............

IMG_3500[1].jpg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Thought about getting a Tundra?
    <>

IDK re Current Tundra, but whe I loooked at them a few years back, I asked several Tundra owners, 9 of 10 said they wouldn’t buy another.

I recall Tacoma owners loved their Tacomas.

My new Gladiator’s gas mileage keeps improving. For months it wouldn’t average 15mpg, but recently with very similar driving, it is doing 18mpg.

<>

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Son bought a new Titan 4X4 V8 about 3 weeks ago. I helped him put a leveling kit on the front and a new HD bumper this weekend.....grill guard on his next days off.....says he gets 19 mpg on the highway.......cooled and heated leather seats....the works.....nice truck....never asked what he gave for it.....some things you just don't ask.............

View attachment 401160
    I’m not a fan of Nissans in general, but their Frontier and Titan are good trucks. A bit dated, but solidly built.

Due to Nissan’s terrible brand equity, and fiercely loyal domestic truck buyers, they’re always on sale and that translates to good value on the used market.

I worked on the launch of Titan way back in the day, the business case was 100k trucks/year and they’ve never achieved that number. Which also translates to good deals because they struggle to move volume.

The Cummins Titan, however…run away

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    For durability and comfort, I have to go with GM. This is based on experience with both personal vehicles and a number of work trucks (which take a huge beating) for my employees.

Top Bottom