2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Drove 2x Tundras tonight. One Platinum, one Capstone with a hybrid motor. Nice rides but not real excited about towing with a hybrid….I’ll let someone else test pilot that.
    My wifes Capstone Hybrid tows her RV very well. Gas mileage dropps into the teens, but then so does my Dodge Cummins.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    2023 Lariat F150 - 5.0 V8
    Done

I got a 2018 Lariat F150 5.0 4x4. It has about everything but the moon roof (that I did not want). 36 gal tank gave me over 18.5 mpg and a 675 to 700 plus mile range on a tank. Now with aftermarket off road tires I get 18- mpg.

Locking rear dif, 3.55 gears, trailer brake control, steering dial on dash for trailer, rear sensor attachment for trailer.

It’s the max haul package vs tow. Lots of power, great ride. Rear seat area is flat. Large center console and storage.

It’s as fast if not faster than the EcoBoost F150’s.

I have had better luck with my Fords, than other guys at work with their Chevy and Rams.

Only thing other than oil changes has been wiper blades, a new battery, and new tires.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Todd, I would just pick a used tundra. The newer Toyota rigs are not that great. Lots of body and trim constructed like ass.

A tundra will drain your wallet for fuel but it’s probably the best option for reliability.

Something to consider too is Chevy trucks between years 07-13 and 18-19. Now if you found a really nice used 6.0 gas those are great engines. Will last you.

The ford 6.2’s also get terrible mileage but have a great reputation.

If for whatever reason a gas Titan crosses your mind please reach out to me. I know that engine well and despite what people claim it’s an outstanding engine but like Chevy you gotta pick years due to transmission and diff issues.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …A tundra will drain your wallet for fuel but it’s probably the best option for reliability….
    Fuelly concurs, but everything has a fuel cost component and the delta across everything ain’t that much. What I have noticed is that the Ford and Ram gas 3/4tons get about the same mpg (within ~0.5mpg) as a Tundra and for such a small difference in mpg, there’s huge deltas in capability.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Fuelly concurs, but everything has a fuel cost component and the delta across everything ain’t that much. What I have noticed is that the Ford and Ram gas 3/4tons get about the same mpg (within ~0.5mpg) as a Tundra and for such a small difference in mpg, there’s huge deltas in capability.
    I would pick that tundra over ford and dodge.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    My 2023 Ford Explorer KR order has been waiting for massaging seats and other parts shortages coming up on a year now. Wife wanted them, so we will see.

A customer of mine had a King Ranch F-250. I don't know if it had massaging seats, but they must have been something special because he came out to go to the job site one morning and the truck was gone. The police found it later and the interior had been stripped. Nothing else, just the interior.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Some of the 2018-2020 Ford F-150 5.0 had oil consumption issues. There’s a lot online and on the F150 forums about that.
    I’ve got one of the earlier ones and it’s a good runner.
    Yes GM was eliminating some of the gizmos that require chips during Covid. Brother bought a new Silverado Trail Boss and it had either the cylinder deactivation or the stop start deleted due to lack of chips, so in this case it was a good thing.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    The9ine
    Top Bottom