• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I understand the people here being upset with the politics of NRA and WLP being still in charge and I do really feel for people complaints on this. I am though still an NRA supporter and how they continue to assist youth shooting clubs and teams with grants and resources. This is why I continue my support for them and hoping the WLP situation is resolved in the coming future.
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• Spring klein grant.jpg
      Spring klein grant.jpg
      35 KB · Views: 140

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

We do understand, and have long understood.

As a lifetime NRA supporter, when I got out of my years of post-Doctoral “training @ U.T. my very first paycheck was used to buy a NRA Life Membership.

Then, back in 1992 or ’93, @ the Austin NRA Sponsors meeting/banquet; we were told of an incipient “VIP” Visitor that night.

We expected Heston, President GH Bush or Reagan.

Entering to impressive music was Wayne LaPierre, striding to the microphone like as if he were a combo of Julius Caesar & Elvis.

At that very moment I realized that something was very, very wrong with both Wayne and the NRA.

I continued to donate and serve our FONRA, even bought Life memberhips for my Sons & a Grandson.

Yet, the attitudes of the “officials” of OUR, yes, OUR organization became more and more a Cult of Wayne.

Hopes of a coup by Sellick & Ted Nugent faded. I recalled and again studied the “Knox Affair”, especially the long-ago ensconement of King Wayne, Ruler for Lifetime. I realized that the NRA had been forever altered from a democratic grassroots outfit into something more like the “Church” Cult of Scientology.

Many have studied the growing problem w/o solution except to DEFUND the NRA and start over.

One cannot comprehend the current festering problem w/o details of the fortress-like ”Nominating Committee” and the history of Neal Knox & the failed “Knox Revolution”..
    see: https://nypost.com/2019/08/09/the-contradictory-scandal-ridden-life-of-nra-honcho-wayne-lapierre/

The once valiant NRA is today’s commode filled with feces and desperately needs flushing. The problem is LaPierre and it just can’t be papered-over. Either Wayne must go, or the NRA must die. There is no “third way”.

Since voting is but a futile exercise of frustration; our only possibilities are DEFUND or lawsuits. Legal actions have so-far proven futile.

I didn’t have any part in creating the mess, am just describing it. One cannot fully understand w/o the history.

leVieux

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    <>

We do understand, and have long understood.

As a lifetime NRA supporter, when I got out of my years of post-Doctoral “training @ U.T. my very first paycheck was used to buy a NRA Life Membership.

Then, back in 1992 or ’93, @ the Austin NRA Sponsors meeting/banquet; we were told of an incipient “VIP” Visitor that night.

We expected Heston, President GH Bush or Reagan.

Entering to impressive music was Wayne LaPierre, striding to the microphone like as if he were a combo of Julius Caesar & Elvis.

At that very moment I realized that something was very, very wrong with both Wayne and the NRA.

I continued to donate and serve our FONRA, even bought Life memberhips for my Sons & a Grandson.

Yet, the attitudes of the “officials” of OUR, yes, OUR organization became more and more a Cult of Wayne.

Hopes of a coup by Sellick & Ted Nugent faded. I recalled and again studied the “Knox Affair”, especially the long-ago ensconement of King Wayne, Ruler for Lifetime. I realized that the NRA had been forever altered from a democratic grassroots outfit into something more like the “Church” Cult of Scientology.

Many have studied the growing problem w/o solution except to DEFUND the NRA and start over.

One cannot comprehend the current festering problem w/o details of the fortress-like ”Nominating Committee” and the history of Neal Knox & the failed “Knox Revolution”..
    see: https://nypost.com/2019/08/09/the-contradictory-scandal-ridden-life-of-nra-honcho-wayne-lapierre/

The once valiant NRA is today’s commode filled with feces and desperately needs flushing. The problem is LaPierre and it just can’t be papered-over. Either Wayne must go, or the NRA must die. There is no “third way”.

Since voting is but a futile exercise of frustration; our only possibilities are DEFUND or lawsuits. Legal actions have so-far proven futile.

I didn’t have any part in creating the mess, am just describing it. One cannot fully understand w/o the history.

leVieux
    Yes I heard about this problem throughout the years and I have determined that WLP is the problem. In the last NRA election there was a strong call for Allen West to oust him but that failed. it is a shame and I hope the WLP issue is solved without the loss of the institution itself.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    NRA's Training/Education department does good work in spite of WLP - even through they are understaffed and under-funded.
    I totally agree what should be first priority has now taken 2nd or 3rd place with now raising funds has taken first place and then the lobbying might be 2nd place. NRA has taken this approach to have partnership with organizations such as 4H, FFA, ROTC, SCTP, SASP, NSCA, AIMS, and other youth shooting organizations and have them do the training and education while NRA does the issuace of grants when in the past NRA was the main leader in training.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Yes I heard about this problem throughout the years and I have determined that WLP is the problem. In the last NRA election there was a strong call for Allen West to oust him but that failed. it is a shame and I hope the WLP issue is solved without the loss of the institution itself.
    We all hoped that, but so-far, no go.

No use in “voting” !

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    Boy Scouts and Youth Hunter Education in VA use to require NRA certified instructors for their classes. Not sure about the others though.

@cbp210 Are you an instructor or TC by chance?

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    We all hoped that, but so-far, no go.

No use in “voting” !
    I asked West in a twitter feed about his commitment for more youth shooting programs and he was very vocal and strong about it that he proposed adding more to the training and grant program but WLP was also supportive but his actions speak louder than words.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Boy Scouts and Youth Hunter Education in VA use to require NRA certified instructors for their classes. Not sure about the others though.

@cbp210 Are you an instructor or TC by chance?
    I am a coach for both 4H and SCTP. My nephew is in the Boy Scouts and yes that requirement is still the same. 4H and SCTP has their own training and certification program before a volunteer can be a coach.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I asked West in a twitter feed about his commitment for more youth shooting programs and he was very vocal and strong about it that he proposed adding more to the training and grant program but WLP was also supportive but his actions speak louder than words.
    <>

When I spoke in person with Col West, he was very attentive & concerned, but failed to do the promised specific follow-up.

The “Board” is pretty powerless in thje face of the “Nominating Committee”, which loads it with W LP sycophants.

leVieux
    This pic was before I lost some 68#. West is the Guy in the hat.

Attachments

• 7A959CB0-6850-43AC-B1D0-BC9A27C074C3.jpeg
      7A959CB0-6850-43AC-B1D0-BC9A27C074C3.jpeg
      254.6 KB · Views: 72
    Last edited:

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    only when wayne and minions are gone will i even consider rejoinining the nra again until then not one thin dime!
    That is exactly what I tell the NRA spam callers each time when they get done telling me all about how I’m gonna loose my gun rights if I don’t give them more money. I’ll support again when WLP is gone, until then I give money elsewhere.

It is a shame the youth programs get affected.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I understand the people here being upset with the politics of NRA and WLP being still in charge and I do really feel for people complaints on this. I am though still an NRA supporter and how they continue to assist youth shooting clubs and teams with grants and resources. This is why I continue my support for them and hoping the WLP situation is resolved in the coming future.

Would you still support the Republican party if they decided to run HIllary for election?

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    NRA's Training/Education department does good work in spite of WLP - even through they are understaffed and under-funded.

No actually the training department was decimated from the top trying to get greedy a few years ago.....there were far more NRA instructors than there is today. They tried to get a cut on the action with their on-line course scheme and only letting instructors do the qualifying portion and instructors rebelled and started teaching their own courses instead the the NRA course. I know many in the training department that were doing good work quit the NRA in protest.

The NRA eventually relented and allowed the instructors to start doing the whole course in person again, but it was too late......the damage was done and continues today.

I am one of the instructors that quit teaching the NRA pistol course over the shenanigans.........I'm also an NRA Training Counselor.........

Last edited:

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Until La POO POO and Hammer are wholly, totally, and completely out of the NRA, it will Not receive a bit of monetary support from me.

Yes, quite a few of the educational programs can benefit the 2A community and those new to the shooting sports. But, until upper management is reorganized to actually benefit those in the community, and not just line their own coiffures, what's the point?

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    I bought a lifetime "benefactor" membership many years ago and at the time (and still today) appreciated the NRA's beginning purpose to ensure all people had the right to protect themselves as granted first by God and second by the constitution. It was a useful educational argument to thwart the mudslingers who say the NRA is racist when noting the NRA played a large role in aiding black Americans in their ability to use firearms as a means to protect themselves from Klan members. LaPierre is a goon and there are some very formidable gun right advocacies who earn my ongoing contributions today and so Wayne, it's on you my guy for losing additional contributions from this benefactor member.

Top Bottom