• ...and so much more!
  • Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Equilibrium price established by market supply and demand isn't gouging. It prevents shortages and keeps the supply chain running efficiently. People started calling it gouging because we have a lot of regulations and price ceilings in this country. We don't exist in a free market.

now before some people give me shit for shaming guys in our WTS section. I'm not condemning the practice of buy low sell high. But I can certainly shame individuals who seek to profiteer. It's a lot different when an established business (academy, walmart, etc) raises prices to keep supply available. This is what some ammo manufacturers have already done.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    From the article...

"People who accumulate designated supplies beyond levels considered reasonable for personal or business use can be criminally prosecuted."

If ammo becomes a "designated supply", what happens to us normal gun loving Patriots?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    From the article...

"People who accumulate designated supplies beyond levels considered reasonable for personal or business use can be criminally prosecuted."

If ammo becomes a "designated supply", what happens to us normal gun loving Patriots?

But the question I have is, who, or what decides what reasonable levels are?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Once the government starts violating multiple foundational rights going door to door taking supplies it's time to start shooting. I'm serious as shit here. You let them cross that line it's all over. You just lost all liberty, the government became tyrannical and you hit the reset button or give up and show your ars.

Why should anyone have any reason to know about what you have or dont have?

Concealed is concealed as it were. I've told my kids and a boyfriend or two of theirs to keep their mouth shut about stuff we have. I have been robbed by a friend of a friend cause guns were mentioned in passing and some gang thought it was an easy score, you dont trust anyone. I told them that shit like that will get anyone entering the house uninvited killed, and really unnecessarily all because they heard about guns or a generator etc.

Again people talk.
    I never understand why people can keep their mouths shut. Weather prepping or plain old criminal BS people almost always phuck them selves. Sanatizer boy is a prime example.

I've mentioned it before but I've interviewed people who just can't stop admitting to things they've done to the point you have to stop them. For what every reason, they think they are smarter or want to be liked or want to impress or are just plain stupid, people just can't shut up.

I will never understand it.
    I've told my family that keeping your mouth shut is sometimes hard but you never talk about anything from what you got for Christmas to how many freezers. You never ever talk to any person doing any investigation ever without at least walking away and thinking or asking for help. No investigator is your friend.

People in the internet age just abdicate privacy rights as a matter of foregone conclusion. Shit, a great deal the people alive dont even know what the concept of privacy is.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    From the article...

Well, that's terrifying.

Isn't there something in the Bill of Rights about this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Once the government starts violating multiple foundational rights going door to door taking supplies it's time to start shooting. I'm serious as shit here. You let them cross that line it's all over. You just lost all liberty, the government became tyrannical and you hit the reset button or give up and show your ars.

Concealed is concealed as it were. I've told my kids and a boyfriend or two of theirs to keep their mouth shut about stuff we have. I have been robbed by a friend of a friend cause guns were mentioned in passing and some gang thought it was an easy score, you dont trust anyone. I told them that shit like that will get anyone entering the house uninvited killed, and really unnecessarily all because they heard about guns or a generator etc.

Again people talk.
    I never understand why people can keep their mouths shut. Weather prepping or plain old criminal BS people almost always phuck them selves. Sanatizer boy is a prime example.

I've mentioned it before but I've interviewed people who just can't stop admitting to things they've done to the point you have to stop them. For what every reason, they think they are smarter or want to be liked or want to impress or are just plain stupid, people just can't shut up.

I've told my family that keeping your mouth shut is sometimes hard but you never talk about anything from what you got for Christmas to how many freezers. You never ever talk to any person doing any investigation ever without at least walking away and thinking or asking for help. No investigator is your friend.

People in the internet age just abdicate privacy rights as a matter of foregone conclusion. Shit, a great deal the people alive dont even know what the concept of privacy is.

Again people talk.

Exactly! Some of the best advice I have seen in a long time.

Sometimes people are their own worst enemies.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Wonder if this applies to unions? Funny how they “found” 39 million N95 masks after the stimulus passed.
    https://www.businessinsider.in/poli...-emergency-stockpile/articleshow/74838092.cms

Like I said in the other thread, the union and suppliers can fvck right off. If I was a hospital I wouldn’t touch those things @$5/mask.

Also, that’s pretty much a single-digit salute to Trump and Barr who publicized their hoarder punishment executive order this week. Why DOJ isn’t balls deep in SEIU’s and the suppliers’ exit holes right now is beyond me.

Top Bottom