robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Hey! I wore sox with my crocs to HEB yesterday. Had to CC though. Honestly though, who cares about an OC'rs wardrobe? If I ever see one, I'm more likely to ask them what they are carrying than comment on their clothing.
    Guns International

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Appearance gives a first impression. Behavior leaves a lasting one. The clothes matter less than how you wear them. I see people everyday I would not associate with outside the store.
    Oct reminds me too much of liberals. How they look and act doesn't seem to matter much as long as they get what they want.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    While I agree, my agreement is limited.

Why is that you might ask?

Example: Say a man is a blue collar worker. He works hard. At the end of the day, he's dirty as are his clothes. He's tasked by his wife to buy groceries on the way home from work. He's also has an LTC and he prefers to OC where he can.

He shops at Kroger, but he should first go home, shower, put on nice clothes, because hey, he's an OC ambassador?

However, having to go all the way home first just isn't reasonable. It's well out of his way, the time required to perform his ablutions and change will kill at least a half hour if not more. Plus, he has to spend more time on the road and burn up more gas to be a good gun ambassador?

Yeah, us gun guys should look neat/clean and behave well in public when it's possible, but one out three is sometimes the only thing that's practical.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I like to OC with jeans and my TGT Tshirt. Then, if someone's upset, they know where to go to complain.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    While I agree, my agreement is limited.

Why is that you might ask?

Example: Say a man is a blue collar worker. He works hard. At the end of the day, he's dirty as are his clothes. He's tasked by his wife to buy groceries on the way home from work. He's also has an LTC and he prefers to OC where he can.

He shops at Kroger, but he should first go home, shower, put on nice clothes, because hey, he's an OC ambassador?

However, having to go all the way home first just isn't reasonable. It's well out of his way, the time required to perform his ablutions and change will kill at least a half hour if not more. Plus, he has to spend more time on the road and burn up more gas to be a good gun ambassador?

Yeah, us gun guys should look neat/clean and behave well in public when it's possible, but one out three is sometimes the only thing that's practical.
    Being dirty from a hard days work is different than being a slob.

Most of the members that have an issue with the "dress code" part of the article don't have anything to worry about anyways.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Dawico,

I agree with you, but you're NEVER going to get a 'slob' to be neat.

It's not in their DNA. Slobs are slobs.

I'm sure you know a few. No matter what they wear they always look like an unmade bed.

My point isn't about slobs, but not everyone who OC's can always appear at their best.

My previous blue collar example is one instance.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Well there's five minutes of my life I won't get back...

Get comfortable with the fact that Liberals will whine and bitch, invent fears, try to control everyone and tell lies regardless, it's what they do. Nobody represents me except me and to be blunt, I don't give two shits what you or anyone thinks about how I dress. You people are delusional if you think any of that makes any difference at all in the minds of people that want to restrict your rights. I live how I choose and I think some of you would be well served to gain a little better understanding of what freedom actually is. Want to be a so-called "Ambassador" for OC? More power to you, have a ball but like choosing to engage in sexual congress with your same gender, I'd be tickled if you kept it to yourself, you self-proclaimed "Ambassadors" don't represent me either.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Whilstler,

You make good points that I also mostly agree with.

Anti-gun folk don't give two shits how much pro-gun folks dress.

I contend if you behave well while OCing (CC too) that's good enough.

Dressing to please anti-gun folk will not sway them to our side.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Funny thing is that the constitution protects the Douchebag as much as it protects the GQ model.

Sorry I don't\can't dress like mr suave here. If I need to mold myself into his idea of a person who open carries it's no longer a freedom I'll enjoy.

9ad2a9d09d9d37b153b3e49a1d32a24b.jpg

Who the Hell wears a jacket AND an overcoat? Especially in Texas? How is one even supposed to OC like that? Shoulder holster on the outside? That's even dumber than the jacket and overcoat.

So lemme get this straight: if you're gonna OC, make sure you're wearing at least $1k worth of clothing. Got it. Let me go take out a title loan. Oh, and only morons don't use retention holsters. Especially this guy:

I wear dressy clothing and use a retention holster while OCing purely from personal choice. Pretty boy here can take his popularity contest bullshit back to high school. I'd bet my last dollar that a regular looking "Slob" like the Yankee Marshall has done 1,000 times more for the OC movement than Zoolander here.

Last edited:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    The day I have to dress for someone else is the day I am married. I don't give one crap what anyone thinks of me or of what I wear. I got over that in Jr. high. If you still have to do things to impress others then you need to grow up.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    The day I have to dress for someone else is the day I am married. I don't give one crap what anyone thinks of me or of what I wear. I got over that in Jr. high. If you still have to do things to impress others then you need to grow up.
    It doesn't need to be about impressing anyone, people are just saying think about what impression you are giving. If you want people to believe you are a yahoo, thug, or wantabee then so be it. If on the other hand you wish to be a positive force for something so many are supposed concerned about then don't dress like one of the previously mentioned.

And by the way the whole rebellious teenager thing is getting a bit much. Not you in particular Shady but the whole "People can't tell me what to do" is childish. What people are saying is there are negative consequences and people's actions can effect others.

ECS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Victoria TX
    I don't see any chips.

I don't see the chip either.

Seems to me that he who sees a chip is making quite a leap.

It's kind of funny that folks here will create a thread that is now at about 143 responses wherein we blame a lack of participation on the forums on some idea that we have been infiltrated by liberals.

If there is an issue here, it's possibly more likely that folks are tired of the seeming constant need by some folks to be disagreeable.

A chip?

Good grief. It just never ends.

Sharpb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    I agree with some of what he said, but I think attitude is more important than apparel. I'd rather deal with a respectful guy in jeans and tshirt than a prick in a siut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    It doesn't need to be about impressing anyone, people are just saying think about what impression you are giving. If you want people to believe you are a yahoo, thug, or wantabee then so be it. If on the other hand you wish to be a positive force for something so many are supposed concerned about then don't dress like one of the previously mentioned.

And by the way the whole rebellious teenager thing is getting a bit much. Not you in particular Shady but the whole "People can't tell me what to do" is childish. What people are saying is there are negative consequences and people's actions can effect others.

No, confirming to others that disagree with my way of life, dress or beliefs and giving in to those who expect me to coddle THEIR insecurities about guns are negative consequences. Gun owners NOT standing up for their rights and letting the anti gun, anti Constitutional right groups control the narrative is a negative consequence and what got us here in the first place. I'll trust someone in a dirty, blue collar getup way before I trust someone in and suit.

Maybe that poorly dressed person bought a gun to defend their life instead of a $300 outfit. Maybe that dirty redneck just helped fix some suit's BMW on the side of the highway.

What's next? Maybe we need a 30.08 sign?

Pursuant to Section 30.08, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun while dressed in an unsatisfactory outfit of clothing), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly while wearing any article of clothing that the anti gun crowd could use against the better dressed (and therefore more respectable) members of the gun owning populous.

#opencarrysandalsmatter
    #allstylesmatter
    #weaksaucegunownersunite

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom