• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I wear what is comfortable with the weather and whatever activity I'm involved in. Usually in moderation and I project zero attitude. But ................. **** with the old man and I'll answer your questions truthfully and accurately (after trying to walk away once). Just my philosophy, and doesn't work for everybody (and sometimes not for me!). :green:
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Where I hang out, nobody cares.
    If you show up dressed like the GQ Dude, that'll be a bit out of place.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    I agree with some of what he said, but I think attitude is more important than apparel. I'd rather deal with a respectful guy in jeans and tshirt than a prick in a siut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't thing jeans and a t-shirt are the problem. Think fatman and snow boots. Tacticool or ghetto, drawing attention by both the gun one is carrying and how you dress is.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    No, confirming to others that disagree with my way of life, dress or beliefs and giving in to those who expect me to coddle THEIR insecurities about guns are negative consequences. Gun owners NOT standing up for their rights and letting the anti gun, anti Constitutional right groups control the narrative is a negative consequence and what got us here in the first place. I'll trust someone in a dirty, blue collar getup way before I trust someone in and suit.

Maybe that poorly dressed person bought a gun to defend their life instead of a $300 outfit. Maybe that dirty redneck just helped fix some suit's BMW on the side of the highway.

What's next? Maybe we need a 30.08 sign?

Pursuant to Section 30.08, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun while dressed in an unsatisfactory outfit of clothing), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly while wearing any article of clothing that the anti gun crowd could use against the better dressed (and therefore more respectable) members of the gun owning populous.

#opencarrysandalsmatter
    #allstylesmatter
    #weaksaucegunownersunite

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Mountain out of a molehill. Creating drama. Yep like a teenager.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I don't thing jeans and a t-shirt are the problem. Think fatman and snow boots. Tacticool or ghetto, drawing attention by both the gun one is carrying and how you dress is.
    So fat people shouldn't open carry?
    Mountain out of a molehill. Creating drama. Yep like a teenager.
    Um, you think only teenagers create drama? Have you watch anything on TV, EVARR?

It's the interwebs, what else is it for?

LOL, just pointing out how ridiculous it is for people to think that others shouldn't do anything at all if it's not seen as acceptable to society. Why care what others do if it doesn't harm you? If Elton John wanted to open carry while wearing a feather up his ass screaming "I'm macaroni" I wouldn't care.

If someone is expressing their RIGHTS according to the Constitution, what else matters?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, but only while respectably dressed, shall not be infringed."
    Lady gaga can't open carry. Or can she?
    Now I'm confused.
    Wait, she's a "she" not an... Ah hell I don't what they're called anymore, I give up.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    So fat people shouldn't open carry?

Um, you think only teenagers create drama? Have you watch anything on TV, EVARR?

It's the interwebs, what else is it for?

LOL, just pointing out how ridiculous it is for people to think that others shouldn't do anything at all if it's not seen as acceptable to society. Why care what others do if it doesn't harm you? If Elton John wanted to open carry while wearing a feather up his ass screaming "I'm macaroni" I wouldn't care.

If someone is expressing their RIGHTS according to the Constitution, what else matters?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, but only while respectably dressed, shall not be infringed."

Wait, she's a "she" not an... Ah hell I don't what they're called anymore, I give up.
    You can think and act as you want. You feel like hurting the OC cause then go right ahead. If you think the problem with fatman is his weight then you either don't get the reference or are delusional. You are right, you have shown people of any age can act immature but I'm not sure why you want to celebrate that fact. One last thing. Saying something is a bad idea or could have negative consequences isn't somehow depriving you of your constitutional right to be stupid. It is just acknowledging the reality of life. Personally I'm thinking you are now trolling so as I have said my piece, I'm done.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So unless someone dresses like you think they should they are making OC look bad. I got it. I know more bikers <no not peddle> that I would rather hang out with than guys with clean fingernails and goo in there hair.

You can think and act as you want. You feel like hurting the OC cause then go right ahead. If you think the problem with fatman is his weight then you either don't get the reference or are delusional. You are right, you have shown people of any age can act immature but I'm not sure why you want to celebrate that fact. One last thing. Saying something is a bad idea or could have negative consequences isn't somehow depriving you of your constitutional right to be stupid. It is just acknowledging the reality of life. Personally I'm thinking you are now trolling so as I have said my piece, I'm done.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    So unless someone dresses like you think they should they are making OC look bad. I got it. I know more bikers <no not peddle> that I would rather hang out with than guys with clean fingernails and goo in there hair.
    I said that where? If you are just making stuff up why ask me. I don't know what the voices in your head are saying. What I and others here are saying is that actions have consequences. That doesn't mean you need to be Gq, and congratulations on your commitment to bad hygiene (really it's insulting to have clean nails?), but if your appearance draws a negative response it will be worse response if you also Oc. Not just in how people respond to you but also in how some view OC. Plenty have made it clear that passing in the wind in some sort of adolescent rebellion is much more important than any damage they might do to OC. Me I care less and less about OC.

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I said that where? If you are just making stuff up why ask me. I don't know what the voices in your head are saying. What I and others here are saying is that actions have consequences. That doesn't mean you need to be Gq, and congratulations on your commitment to bad hygiene (really it's insulting to have clean nails?), but if your appearance draws a negative response it will be worse response if you also Oc. Not just in how people respond to you but also in how some view OC. Plenty have made it clear that passing in the wind in some sort of adolescent rebellion is much more important than any damage they might do to OC. Me I care less and less about OC.
    So.....if you don't care about OC, why are you arguing about OC?

shinnosuke

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    San Antonio
    The article reminds me of the bogus argument once so strongly made by liberals against the so-called "Saturday Night Special."

No, Mr. Liberal, sir, not every man can afford to buy an $800 handgun, lots of rounds and the training to learn to shoot. Some need an opportunity to buy a less expensive weapon to protect themselves and family and home. That you would deny a poor man a weapon certainly contradicts all the efforts you make in your so-called "War on Poverty."

This is a cool website. It makes me think about how to express my 2nd amendment rights.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013

I'm not. I'm stating what I see as the effect of OCT mentality, though I don't know calling that is specific enough but I hesitate to call it douchebaggery, on Oc and how it reflects in general on gun owners.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    The article reminds me of the bogus argument once so strongly made by liberals against the so-called "Saturday Night Special."

No, Mr. Liberal, sir, not every man can afford to buy an $800 handgun, lots of rounds and the training to learn to shoot. Some need an opportunity to buy a less expensive weapon to protect themselves and family and home. That you would deny a poor man a weapon certainly contradicts all the efforts you make in your so-called "War on Poverty."

This is a cool website. It makes me think about how to express my 2nd amendment rights.

It's more than a bit of a strawman there. I personally don't think you need to dress up but that doesn't mean you can't look respectable. It's like a fat girl wearing spandex complaining about people looking at her. You don't have to dress fancy or any particular way but if you dress to get attention then you'll get it and it can be negative.

Fernando_Sucre

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    Fox River
    Should I OC like this guy? Would that be acceptable?

maxresdefault.jpg

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX

So the one who fires personal attacks and name calling points finger at another claiming they are immature and then attempts to drop proverbial mic? Hmm.

Where'd I say my rights were deprived? I said rights have no dress code.

Reality is that there is absolutely no factual proof that these groups hurt OC. Maybe they did, maybe the didn't. Maybe they actually brought more people into the debate and actually helped pass it. How can you prove either side? Reality is we have OC and didn't before. So outside of conjecture, what viable evidence do you have these groups hurt anything?

I'm not. I'm stating what I see as the effect of OCT mentality, though I don't know calling that is specific enough but I hesitate to call it douchebaggery, on Oc and how it reflects in general on gun owners.

You are. You have shown historically in your posts you don't like these OC groups and continue to demean them. Calling you out on it isn't trolling.

Once made? Ever hear of "melting point" laws? These arguments are still spewed today, sadly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom