To keep or not to keep, that is the question. Dated/Older Rifles.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tank

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    Houston
    Hey guys, good morning! I'm in the process of doing inventory on an inheritance gun collection I just received. Evidently our pastor was quite the collector, even more so than myself. I received 42 freaking arms through his Will. A few of which were older military models. As you guys are most likely more in the "know" than I am, my inquiry to you would be "Should I keep these and let them grow in value? Or should I sell them and make room for actual wanted models I will use/want?"

So...are these type of rifles in demand? Do they keep growing in value over the years? Or are they so common, the return would not be worth it to keep for years in hopes of value increase? I must say the stocks are pretty, a variety of colors.

They are the following:

3x Mosin Nagant M44 7.62x54r
    1x SKS 7.62x39

I sincerely appreciate your input on this subject.

Dave

1660656052151.png

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Typical commie guns, Millions out there, but Maybe rare versions and collectors want them. Or just milsurp to Sell and get something newer or that you really like. If you got alot of ammo keep and shoot. Alot of folks brainwashed that think every gun is a keeper. Like having a yard full of old junk cars you never drive. Oh wait, that's the American dream.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I have an Chinese SKS made in 1955 or 56, I forget which. All numbers match and has the
    knife and not the spike. Mine is number 000,000,000,004 out of
    4,000,000,000. It's in great condition and is only missing the cleaning rod.
    Mine is also set up for the RPG. With your picture, it doesn't look like yours
    is set up for one. Just can't tell for sure. Paid $600.00 for it almost 1 year a go.

If I were you, I would keep it and shoot it as often as I could.

Last edited:

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    The 7.62x39 isn't hard to find like it was first of the year. I see lots of it at Bass Pro and Academy.

Top Bottom