• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JSDinTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2009
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    JSD, wait 'til you're stopped by a Parish cop in LA who acts all upset when you answer affirmative to whether you're carrying, and gets REALLY bent outta shape when he finds out you're carrying THREE pistols. It got a bit interesting for a bit, but cooled down when I suggested we call his supervisor out to discuss whether there was a "limit" as to how many firearms I could carry.<evil grin>

That might be pushing the envelope a bit, ha. Three? Just got to ask, how many rounds to feed all that?
    Capitol Armory ad

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Thankfully, he didn't ask....because I normally carry 5-6 spare mags. I was toting (2) P238's, an' my Wilson Sentenil that day.....I explained to him that w/2, I didn't have to worry about trying to access with an "off" hand. He huffily announced that he NEVER carried off-duty. I explained that in MY day, NOT carrying off-duty was grounds for immediate dismissal from the force. I think THAT comment finally woke him up a tad...

JSDinTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2009
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    With that much weight, I couldn't get out of the vehicle, ha. Oh oh, just heard the dinner bell - I've enjoyed it, and will start thinking about how many I can carry and still move around, ha, see you later.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    There is no law that requires a cop call his supervisor bacause you ask him to. I don't know of any departments that require that when an officer is taking enforcement action either.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    There is no law that requires a cop call his supervisor bacause you ask him to. I don't know of any departments that require that when an officer is taking enforcement action either.

<sigh> Did I SAY that they were "required" to???? It's a measure I have used many times over the years to get an otherwise gung-ho cop to reconsider the haste of his actions. It's ALWAYS worked for me, because I ask it in a measured, polite way. Sorry if that offends/bothers you.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    <sigh> Did I SAY that they were "required" to???? It's a measure I have used many times over the years to get an otherwise gung-ho cop to reconsider the haste of his actions. It's ALWAYS worked for me, because I ask it in a measured, polite way. Sorry if that offends/bothers you.

+1.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I found "keep it there" somewhat perplexing since what were you going to do? Take it out of the holster while a LEO has you on a traffic stop!!! I am sure you didn't need to be told by the LEO to keep it in the holster...LOL.

Yes, exactly that! I remember several times that CHL holders offered to "show" me the concealed weapon. I guess they were proud of their handgun and eager to show it off. This was when the CHL's were new and they did not really know how to act. No big deal. I understand the pride in their firearm, but a traffic stop is not the place for show and tell.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Does not bother me at all. I do find it curious that you have had so many contacts with the police over the years.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Does not bother me at all. I do find it curious that you have had so many contacts with the police over the years.

Loser. Wore a badge for several years (which I've commented on before). Son, nephew and two BIL's currently serving as LEO's. MOST of my "contacts" over the years have been quite positive, primarily, I suspect, because I avoided the folks like yourself that seem to be walking attitudes eager to wear their badge on my face. If it bothers you so much, ignore my comments.....please!

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    I had a flat on my truck last night after comming back from Academy with my wifes new shotgun and a cop stopped.I handed him my DL & CHL he said "you got it" I said "yes sir" he said "on you" ,"yes sir" "keep it there" ,"yes sir".He then left and another officer showed up to keep us from getting hit.We then started talking about tactical flashlights and belive it or not different types of shooting techniques.Man I love TEXAS

I stopped a guy while working traffic overtime for a minor equipment violation. He was cool, respectful and his eyes lit up when I asked him what he carried. I told him he was free to go anytime but we talked for a few minutes about carry guns before he drove off (we were off the roadway and not a hazard).

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    I stopped a guy while working traffic overtime for a minor equipment violation. He was cool, respectful and his eyes lit up when I asked him what he carried. I told him he was free to go anytime but we talked for a few minutes about carry guns before he drove off (we were off the roadway and not a hazard).

Obviously you are one of the 99%ers. Thanks. Again, as law abiding and armed citizens, every effort must be made to reduce those 1%ers. How, by being respectful and courteous at all times to those who have sworn to protect us, albeit, my Sig P229 40 has also made that promise....LOL

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Loser. Wore a badge for several years (which I've commented on before). Son, nephew and two BIL's currently serving as LEO's. MOST of my "contacts" over the years have been quite positive, primarily, I suspect, because I avoided the folks like yourself that seem to be walking attitudes eager to wear their badge on my face. If it bothers you so much, ignore my comments.....please!

YOU keep insisting that you have asked many a "gung ho" cop to get his supervisor so you can have him "reconsider the haste of his actions" So did you do this in a LE or non-LE capacity?

Don't bother me none, but I see a little contradiction in your posts.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Really? Where? I've been travelling for over 30 years now all over the country. Getting stopped from time to time comes with the territory. 99% of my stops have been positive. I've no angst against any LEO - they're doing their job. Where it comes into issue is a (usually) newer cop that's anxious to show he's doing his job, but he's not always as conversant with the law as he may think he is. It's like the old carry law - travelling was a *defense* that 99% of the cops knew that if you told them you were travelling up front, that you knew the law as it pertained to you. While they *could* arrest for carrying, most juries would never convict - and it was a monumental waste of everyone's time to even bother to try to do anything on it, especially when everything else is in order.
    I've always found that by asking for a supervisor, those few times when things *were* going downhill got taken care of. I don't argue with the badge - but I'll sure try to convince 'em. It works for me. Sorry if that bothers you that I'm a reasonable person that can resolve issues without having to go into court.
    Now - go take that monumental chip on your shoulder and push it onto someone ELSE - I'm done talking with you, on this or any other subject. You're so damned confrontational that it's sickening - while I value and appreciate your knowledge, your attitude simply isn't worth it.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    all the leos

i drive a commercial vech and get dot insp all the time locals and dps in i have it or not i have to show and then sometimes it turns into what kind shooting where and such,and before you know it i am 30min latei wonder why. may GOD bless the officers and keep them safe

Top Bottom