• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    If you watched the open carry stuff last session, you saw the Texas reps. opinion and comments.
    Target Sports

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Some of the NRA criticizers couch their opinions with qualifiers of 'I'm a member' then go to be venomous towards the NRA, not just the few they rail against.

Their criticism doesn't sound healthy, but destructive.....

Far less destructive than burying their head in the sand and pretending that there aren't legitimate issues within the organization. People are going to get tired of the backstabbing by certain NRA leaders, they're going to get tired of paying an organization that has high ranking members who are actively fighting FOR GUN CONTROL or against gun rights in their home states. They're going to get tired of compromises that gain us nothing but cost us far to much. They're going to get tired of other members telling them to shut up and stop questioning authority like they're the frigging NKVD. When they get tired enough of it, they're going to leave and the NRA is going to crumble. You will have no one else but yourself and people like Roger to blame when that happens. We want to FIX the NRA, and make it fight for us. You want to ignore the problem and pretend they're perfect. You are part of the problem.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Maverick44,

I bet you take high blood pressure medicine.

If not, get checked out as you might have it and not know it.

Strokes among other risks exist with high BP.

Your anger can kill you.....

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Maverick44,

I bet you take high blood pressure medicine.

If not, get checked out as you might have it and not know it.

Strokes among other risks exist with high BP.

Your anger can kill you.....

You know, targeting the person and not their argument is usually a sign that you have lost the argument but don't want to admit it like a man.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "You want to ignore the problem and pretend they're perfect."

For the record, yes, we are in agreement that the NRA needs to perform some serious staff house keeping.

Attempting to browbeat or intimidate this crowd isn't going to work, no matter how hard some folks try.

Plus, sounding like an anti-NRA zealot serves no good purpose.

That's what some here sound like because their not immediately mollified with their demands.

Gotta roll with the punches the world serves up or end up in the looney bin.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    M44,

You posted: "You are part of the problem." and then right after post "You know, targeting the person and not their argument (oh my god I'm laughing at that hilarious/obvious contradiction) is usually a sign that you have lost the argument but don't want to admit it like a man."

I got a big ole smile on me kisser......

Your two posts previously sound a bit daft. I'm afraid you're slipping.....

Get that medical check up as suggested or you're gonna blow a gasket.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    "You want to ignore the problem and pretend they're perfect."

For the record, yes, we are in agreement that the NRA needs to perform some serious staff house keeping.

We're in agreement, but you just don't want us talking about it because it makes the NRA look bad. Kind of hard to fix those issues if we can't speak openly and freely about them.

Attempting to browbeat or intimidate this crowd isn't going to work, no matter how hard some folks try.

Intimidating them is not the goal. Forcing them to choose between paying members or anti gun employees is. Our voices are not small. We can vote them out and force the management to fire the rest if we work on this together. Instead, you want us to "stop sounding like a bunch of anti-NRA zealots" and Roger wants to tell us we're in bed with Feinstein for pointing out the NRA's problems.

Plus, sounding like an anti-NRA zealot serves no good purpose.

There's a difference between pointing out problems and calling it like it is, and being an anti-NRA zealot. A huge difference.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    M44,

You posted: "You are part of the problem." and then right after post "You know, targeting the person and not their argument (oh my god I'm laughing at that hilarious/obvious contradiction) is usually a sign that you have lost the argument but don't want to admit it like a man."

I got a big ole smile on me kisser......

Your two posts previously sound a bit daft. I'm afraid you're slipping.....

Get that medical check up as suggested or you're gonna blow a gasket.

My original argument had to do mainly with the NRA's issues, and you just happen to be one of those issues because you don't seem to want to force positive change. Going on to say that your unsolicited opinion on my health being brought into the argument was nothing but a childish ploy is not contradictory. Your last two posts pretty much confirm that you're just trying to play childish games instead of having an actual discussion.

BTW, I'm not angry. You were wrong about that too. :)

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Why, if the NRA is not pro-gun is there an NRA signup at the top of this page?

Their limited malfeasance is known, but like the old saying 'you don't toss out the baby with the bathwater' or maybe you do if you become fanatical in your outright hatred of that, that doesn't quickly come around to your demands and expectations.....because you may without self recognition have a problem of living in a world you don't control......

It looks like an affiliate link to me.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    If they lost just 10% of their renewals alone, they would find a way to fire Pepe LaPew. Then many of us would rejoin. But he has run the circus far too long.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    M44,

You part of the original OCT crowd before OC was legalized? You know, ye olde 'my way or the highway' crowd?

If so, I get 'where you be comin from'.

Even when folks mostly agree with you, you can't stand anyone not being as zealous, but must, absolutely must agree with every detail you expound.

We who are not worthy, but will repeat with great conviction your every pearl of wordy (crackpot) wisdom.

No, others can't have their opinions, but must bow to yours in every way.....

Ain't gonna happen old darling.....

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    M44,

You part of the original OCT crowd before OC was legalized? You know, ye olde 'my way or the highway' crowd?

If so, I get 'where you be comin from'.

Even when folks mostly agree with you, you can't stand anyone not being as zealous, but must, absolutely must agree with every detail you expound.

We who are not worthy, but will repeat with great conviction your every pearl of wordy (crackpot) wisdom.

No, others can't have their opinions, but must bow to yours in every way.....

Ain't gonna happen old darling.....

You sure do talk out your ass a lot.

No, I was not part of OCT, but I also wasn't in Cotton's anti OC crowd either.

It's not "my way or the highway", and it never has been. It's a hell of a stretch to say that criticizing obvious issues and saying they should be fixed is being overly zealous. I guess to someone who doesn't want those issues fixed, it would be.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    M44,

My, my you are fast to respond.

Ever not on this site, like to eat, or sleep or what have you?

Are you some sort of 'cyber connected man'? Electronically hooked up akin to an IV? You are a caution old dear......

Did you read the part where I mentioned in passing, that most here agree with wanting to house clean a lot of the NRA staff, presumably the gist of your NRA desires, so I'm wondering why you keep overlooking that?

The bee in yer bonnet is a wonder?

Do you want the top management at the NRA to face a firing squad as that's the only thing that'll satisfy you? Your so offended nothing less will do? I hope I wrong and I'm just misreading your outrage...

Anger management might help you as you keep foaming and dripping with anti-NRA venom...get help and you might actually get some sleep over nite.

Ta ta!

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    M44,

My, my you are fast to respond.

Ever not on this site, like to eat, or sleep or what have you?

Are you some sort of 'cyber connected man'? Electronically hooked up akin to an IV? You are a caution old dear......

Did you read the part where I mentioned in passing, that most here agree with wanting to house clean a lot of the NRA staff, presumably the gist of your NRA desires, so I'm wondering why you keep overlooking that?

The bee in yer bonnet is a wonder?

Do you want the top management at the NRA to face a firing squad as that's the only thing that'll satisfy you? Your so offended nothing less will do? I hope I wrong and I'm just misreading your outrage...

Anger management might help you as you keep foaming and dripping with anti-NRA venom...get help and you might actually get some sleep over nite.

Ta ta!
    I have this wonderful space aged device called a "smartphone" that notifies me of replies so that I can respond in a timely manner. A really impressive piece of technology. I have a feeling it's going to be the future of phones.

My first comment on my last post still stands. Don't bother replying, it's appearant that having a worthwhile discussion with you isn't going to happen.

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    M44,

Wot?

See here old boy, I posed a question or two and you dodged away to your 'safe space'.

You're avoiding the answer as to what'll satisfy and remove your NRA angst and rage?

Firing squad and nothing less for the recalcitrants in the NRA you so vehemently despise?

Or no, not that, something along the lines of Chinese water torture?

And why avoid acknowledging those (most here that I can tell) who also want the NRA top brass (including the Florida woman) 86'd and the NRA reformed?

Or, do you simply enjoy railing, like if it wasn't the NRA you'd soon find another target to be enraged about?

Enjoy being boiling-ly indignant?

Come back Shane, ah wait, of course Maverick .....

Answers if you please.

Thanks!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Join in avvidclif, it's all in good 2nd grade fun, plus I just got me arguin license renewed.

If you don't care for that idea, why read any further?

Top Bottom