• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    A wolverine is a badger like animal known for a feisty, foul temper. It has a peculiar trait of pissing on a "kill" after it finishes eating to spoil the meat for anyone else. That is similar to what our NRA bashing members do. They piss on the NRA to keep anyone else from deriving satisfaction from being a member.

The NRA is far from perfect, but by hammering incessantly about faults in the organization, good facets are covered up and ignored. Citizens who may be interested in NRA membership are turned away by the negative barrage.

The term "sedition" was used long ago to describe the same type of behavior directed against government or those who are in power. Constant negative waves turn potential members away from the NRA in spite of many positive benefits that the NRA uses to protect Patriots of all races, colors and creeds. Those guilty of "sedition" were executed!

You cozy up with our sworn enemies yet bristle when someone refers to you as traitors. Folks used to call that "consorting with the enemy."

You piss on the NRA yet claim that you're trying to improve it.

Your actions are seditious and counter productive, yet you expect trashing the NRA will make the shooting sports better off because of your behavior.

I don't buy that for one minute! Sorry, the Emperor is naked.

Flash
    Guns International

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    The answers I seek regarding those who fulminate with anti-NRA rhetoric is 'why they go negative' after many have posted they too see the need for top brass removal and reform, yet they go absolutely bonkers anyway.

What gives?

Why isn't basic agreement recognized?

I've yet to read what'd satisfy them when it comes to the NRA.

Yes, remove the worst folks at the NRA and reform it.

What else is required?

Silence is all I hear when those questions are asked, so what's their real agenda?

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Ok, let's add some more meaningless discussion. Why do you'll that villify the NRA so much hate Wayne LaPierre? I got that Ollie made a comment in 1994 that he did not retract. O guess while we are at it, what is wrong with Nugent. Whether he draft dodged or not is immaterial to the NRA In my opinion.
    Have you'll considered running for a seat?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    What else is required?
    Excellent question. I admit I haven't thought past the basics:
    • Restore the rules so that the board of directors can no longer be a puppet for certain executives.
    • Fire the ad agency that's too cozy with the leadership.
    • Be more transparent with the financials.
    • Rededicate the organization to compromise much less on the specifics of legislation they support.
    • Start supporting some needed changes they're mostly silent on today, such as dumping the sporting purposes criteria for, well, just about anything.
    • Concentrate more on winning hearts and minds with educational initiatives subtly aimed at helping everyone understand that guns are normal tools.
    • Hire better spokespeople.
    I'm sure there are many more but that's a start.

What are your priorities for improving the organization?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    A wolverine is a badger like animal known for a feisty, foul temper. It has a peculiar trait of pissing on a "kill" after it finishes eating to spoil the meat for anyone else. That is similar to what our NRA bashing members do. They piss on the NRA to keep anyone else from deriving satisfaction from being a member.

The NRA is far from perfect, but by hammering incessantly about faults in the organization, good facets are covered up and ignored. Citizens who may be interested in NRA membership are turned away by the negative barrage.

The term "sedition" was used long ago to describe the same type of behavior directed against government or those who are in power. Constant negative waves turn potential members away from the NRA in spite of many positive benefits that the NRA uses to protect Patriots of all races, colors and creeds. Those guilty of "sedition" were executed!

You cozy up with our sworn enemies yet bristle when someone refers to you as traitors. Folks used to call that "consorting with the enemy."

Your actions are seditious and counter productive, yet you expect trashing the NRA will make the shooting sports better off because of your behavior.

Flash
    So by your reasoning membership decline would be due to it's members and not by it's administration. Sure.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Flash
    Funny you should mentioned cozying up to our sworn enemies.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Excellent question. I admit I haven't thought past the basics:
    • Restore the rules so that the board of directors can no longer be a puppet for certain executives.
    • Fire the ad agency that's too cozy with the leadership.
    • Be more transparent with the financials.
    • Rededicate the organization to compromise much less on the specifics of legislation they support.
    • Start supporting some needed changes they're mostly silent on today, such as dumping the sporting purposes criteria for, well, just about anything.
    • Concentrate more on winning hearts and minds with educational initiatives subtly aimed at helping everyone understand that guns are normal tools.
    • Hire better spokespeople.
    I'm sure there are many more but that's a start.

What are your priorities for improving the organization?
    Very well said. I'd also like to see strict regulations for the upper echelons against supporting anti gun laws, and working against pro gun bills. That sort of behavior in unacceptable and should result in the immediate termination of that person's membership (or their firing from the organization).

Getting a better handle on their PR would be nice to. Remember their remarks towards open carriers? Specifically the rallies.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif
      450.5 KB · Views: 239

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The arguments I read against the NRA are very much like the arguments for 3rd party candidates. Are there problems at NRA? Yeah. Are there people mad because the NRA sometimes gives in? Oh, yeah. BUT, WHAT POLITICAL CLOUT DO ANY OF THE OTHER ORGANIZATIONS HAVE? None. Honestly, none.

Given that, we are better off supporting the NRA and trying to get involved and make positive changes happen. It may not be 100% in line with Texas gun owners, but it's still the largest and most organized tool we have for lobbying in Washington.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The arguments I read against the NRA are very much like the arguments for 3rd party candidates. Are there problems at NRA? Yeah. Are there people mad because the NRA sometimes gives in? Oh, yeah. BUT, WHAT POLITICAL CLOUT DO ANY OF THE OTHER ORGANIZATIONS HAVE? None. Honestly, none.

Given that, we are better off supporting the NRA and trying to get involved and make positive changes happen. It may not be 100% in line with Texas gun owners, but it's still the largest and most organized tool we have for lobbying in Washington.

I'd argue that the GOA is very steadily building political clout and power, and will someday overtake the NRA unless the NRA gets it's act together. I don't think anyone is advocating completely abandoning the NRA, only forcing them to change. Keep in mind, people wouldn't criticize if they didn't care. I think most here want the NRA to succeed and to grow stronger and more steadfast in their goals. Unfortunately, there seems to be a small handful of members who see any criticism at all as nothing more than a slight against the organization. If the majority of members are like that or "fall in line" with that mindset, positive change will never happen and we will continue to see the decline of the NRA and the erosion of our rights through needless compromises that benefit only the anti gunners.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I'd argue that the GOA is very steadily building political clout and power, and will someday overtake the NRA unless the NRA gets it's act together. I don't think anyone is advocating completely abandoning the NRA, only forcing them to change. Keep in mind, people wouldn't criticize if they didn't care. I think most here want the NRA to succeed and to grow stronger and more steadfast in their goals. Unfortunately, there seems to be a small handful of members who see any criticism at all as nothing more than a slight against the organization. If the majority of members are like that or "fall in line" with that mindset, positive change will never happen and we will continue to see the decline of the NRA and the erosion of our rights through needless compromises that benefit only the anti gunners.
    We are not compromising. We are being compromised. When only one side is benefitting it is not a compromise.

A compromise would benefit both sides a little bit.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    You are not paying attention.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh but I am paying attention. I'm not paying the NRA to continue to do nothing while our rights are being attacked and eroded. It appears to me that it is you who is not paying attention. You are to worried about what I'm doing and not about those that are actually trying to take away our freedoms / rights.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Oh but I am paying attention. I'm not paying the NRA to continue to do nothing while our rights are being attacked and eroded. It appears to me that it is you who is not paying attention. You are to worried about what I'm doing and not about those that are actually trying to take away our freedoms / rights.
    I wouldn't say they are doing nothing, I would say that some on the board are more self serving than wanting to push a no compromise agenda.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    WHAT POLITICAL CLOUT DO ANY OF THE OTHER ORGANIZATIONS HAVE?
    Plenty, if you count successful lawsuits as political clout.

Incidentally, that's not something I think the NRA should improve on. The NRA isn't keen on starting lawsuits and that's fine by me; their talents lie elsewhere. The Second Amendment Foundation and others have proven much more agile and adept in that arena...which is why I'm a life member of the SAF.

We need the NRA even though the reasonable among us agree we need it to be better. We also need most of the other organizations that stick up for gun rights to be out there addressing the problems they feel most motivated to tackle.

The anti-authoritarian tent is a big one. I welcome everyone who wants to join the throng thereunder.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/what-you-may-not-know-about-your-nra/331778
    Long read but very detailed piece by Jeff Knox on NRA history and what is going on with them today.

I know some of you won’t read it and will just shrillly screech “TRAITOR” but those that are not addled by the kool-aid ( or Alzheimer’s ) should take a couple of minutes out of your day and read the article.

I read the article. Knox makes many good points. Again, I don't think anyone here you have labeled a Kool Aid drinker has stated there are not problems in the organization but it is short sided to think that any large organization won't have problems. You get a lot more traction by pointing the issues, which Knox did, rather than using trigger words such as kool aid or alzheimer's. That is NOT how you get other member's to see your point. Cole Tac (a suppressor cover company) again does the NRA, Knox, and people like yourself no favors when they close out the article - "The NRA and Republicans have cost us more rights than the Dems could ever dream of.”
    I had a subscription to Firearm News but let it drop because frankly the magazine is chit. Believe it or not, Knox's article was one of the few things I looked forward to in the rag.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’d like to see a couple things NRA do:

1. More proactive front on Eddie Eagle. Do PSAs, get it in out front and center. Why? Messaging.

2. Develop a STEM curriculum that supports the firearms industry’s needs. Chemistry, engineering, metallurgy, machining, to name a few areas of study.

3. If we can’t HPA done, let’s get point of sale processing. If SilencerCo can do everything on the form in a kiosk, it’s just a matter or automation to run the card for the tax and transmit it to ATF, automate whatever the ATF process is, then email the tax stamp back. Months cut to minutes.

Top Bottom