• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I support the NRA and GOA 100% and see them as the reasons we don't need to turn in our guns and take up knitting!

I am a member of two gun clubs that receive help from the NRA to keep their facilities in top condition and hold regular pistol and rifle competition. Both clubs have 100% NRA membership.

Don't like the NRA? Feel free to move to England. You'll enjoy their "Gun Free" society! Trashing the NRA will help Clinton, Schumer, Pelosi, Feinstein, Obama and others make those gun bans a a reality in the USA!

You only get TWO choices. Fight the Liberals with the NRA, GOA and other patriot organizations OR snuggle up to Feinstein and Pelosi as they tear up the Constitution and Bill of Rights!

Flash
    You are just wrong. Like you were on your “I will never see a movie with anti gun actors in it” rhetoric from a while back.

The NRA needs to be drained of the quislings that are at the top.

They need to be held accountable for their decisions to kill pro gun legislation.
    ( Remember how they attempted to kill open carry here?)
    DK Firearms

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I support the NRA and GOA 100% and see them as the reasons we don't need to turn in our guns and take up knitting!

I am a member of two gun clubs that receive help from the NRA to keep their facilities in top condition and hold regular pistol and rifle competition. Both clubs have 100% NRA membership.

Don't like the NRA? Feel free to move to England. You'll enjoy their "Gun Free" society! Trashing the NRA will help Clinton, Schumer, Pelosi, Feinstein, Obama and others make those gun bans a a reality in the USA!

You only get TWO choices. Fight the Liberals with the NRA, GOA and other patriot organizations OR snuggle up to Feinstein and Pelosi as they tear up the Constitution and Bill of Rights!

Flash
    I understand what you mean, but like I believe we still have the best government and support it, I will voice my disdain for some of it's actors, and that goes for the NRA too.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    WTH? You chose your side and it damned sure isn't on the side I'm on. Got a guilty conscience for being a turncoat? I'll NEVER see it your way!

The worst enemy is one who attacks from within.

I'm gonna go shoot some 8 ball. You guys aren't worth my time.

Flash

perfor8

God, guns, and guts
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Ultimately the responsibility for my family's security rests with me - not the NRA, not GOA, not with my reps in congress - me. I understand the need to hope that we can preserve our heritage without bloodshed, the grasping at the belief we might maintain individual sovereignty and personal responsibility by out-fundraising the tyrants. We will not.

The NRA was/is a safe way to "fight" for liberty, for those not yet prepared to lay on the line their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor. It has failed. We will all come to that realization at our own speed depending upon our own perceptual matrix of God, family, and country. Honorable men supported and still support the NRA. My grandpa proudly wore his NRA pin on his cowboy hat, adjacent to the pin that said, "God, guns, and guts made this country great". Knowing the man, I don't believe he would wear it (NRA pin) today.

This isn't a call for revolution; it's a prediction that one will be necessary. Paul Revere didn't ride his pony on a fundraising tour.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Just like any other larger organization, whether business-related, government-related, or political, they're not perfect. I'm sure there are some things that should change and hopefully will change. However I will continue to support them not only for what they represent now, but what they've represented for decades.

I shudder to think where we'd be without them. Change is sometimes necessary and happens, but abandonment to me is not on the table. Mine is up next month and I'll be renewing.
    Good good man, stop making sense.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Bitterness - Hate the NRA and state: They're no good and if you don't agree with me, I'll act severely pugnacious, nay, completely utterly disrespectful to you because you will respect my author-rit-tie!

I think most here understand the NRA needs some house cleaning in it's ranks, but to act like they should be totally, utterly destroyed is short sighted to say the least.....or maybe we have a sleeper lefty blasting them...no, I don't really believe that, but c'mon, they have a pro-gun place.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009

Trashing an organization that is no longer defending its membership is a popular way to get said organization to come back to the ideas that created it. The un-elected portions of the NRA are selling off the members loyalty for political power, for themselves. Having 100% membership just shows that a group is marching in lockstep, and who marches in lockstep. Democrats and Nazis. Just a fact. The NRA is rotting at its core and the core needs to be tossed out. Until then I can not support them. While you entreat me to move to England, I hope you enjoy your life in 1939 Germany. There should always be room for decent.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I don't believe they are always acting in our best interest, but I did just renew my membership. Partly because it is required for membership in Temple Gun Club. Partly because it's smart.

As long as the Dems see it as a danger to them and what they want, their focus is off the others to act and do what the NRA isn't doing. Let the anti-gun folks focus on them while the others act behind the scenes.
    And yes, I do believe the NRA needs a house cleaning. From the outside will not work.
    Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Why, if the NRA is not pro-gun is there an NRA signup at the top of this page?

Their limited malfeasance is known, but like the old saying 'you don't toss out the baby with the bathwater' or maybe you do if you become fanatical in your outright hatred of that, that doesn't quickly come around to your demands and expectations.....because you may without self recognition have a problem of living in a world you don't control......

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Just like any other larger organization, whether business-related, government-related, or political, they're not perfect. I'm sure there are some things that should change and hopefully will change. However I will continue to support them not only for what they represent now, but what they've represented for decades.

I shudder to think where we'd be without them. Change is sometimes necessary and happens, but abandonment to me is not on the table. Mine is up next month and I'll be renewing.
    My membership is significantly above "yearly" and I routinely give what I am able. I believe our 2A rights are fragile and I've not found another organization as strong or capable of doing what the NRA does.

Imperfect? Sure. Still, it's our best shot, so to speak.

I want my grandkids to legally inherit my guns without having to weld a plug into the barrel or receiver.

Abandon it if you want. There is a good chance our offspring will see the abandonment of the NRA as the day we squabbled our 2A rights away.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Agreed.

Out of curiosity, where has anyone posting on TGT advocated the destruction of the NRA?

I haven't seen anyone say that. The closest I've seen is someone say they wouldn't care if another organization like the GOA replaced them as the top dog.

There seems to be 2-3 people on this forum that thinks that any criticism at all means that you hate the NRA and want it to fail. It's ironic that their mindset is what's dragging the NRA down in the first place. A little criticism might actually encourage people to force positive change and make the NRA better/stronger over time.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Bitterness - Hate the NRA and state: They're no good and if you don't agree with me, I'll act severely pugnacious, nay, completely utterly disrespectful to you because you will respect my author-rit-tie!

I think most here understand the NRA needs some house cleaning in it's ranks, but to act like they should be totally, utterly destroyed is short sighted to say the least.....or maybe we have a sleeper lefty blasting them...no, I don't really believe that, but c'mon, they have a pro-gun place.
    Careful, you might be deemed delusional and retarded with such a posting. Me, I will look at the Ballot and their resume and make my own choice despite how short sided that might be.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Some of the NRA criticizers couch their opinions with qualifiers of 'I'm allowed to be critical as I'm a member' then go on to be quite venomous towards the NRA, not just the few they claim to rail against.

Their criticism doesn't sound healthy to me as some would have you believe, but bombastic and destructive.....

Bitterness and rage towards the NRA may sound great to some...not to me.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom