• Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    or artists

mine are led zeppelin
    pink floyd

if i where to choose a third it'd be ozzy/blacksabbath (including when dio was the vocal)
    Military Camp

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Jimi Hendrix and Black Sabbath - most rock bands would says those were their main influences.

Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson are my two favorite country artists.

B.B. King and Muddy Waters for blues.

Bob Marley and Bunny Wailer for reggae.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Pink Floyd ... both times.

Because the awesomeness of David Gilmour and Roger Waters cannot be contained to a single slot in history.

I also love the Eagles. Alot of good stuff from them. Also don't mind listening to Creedence Clearwater Revival, Skynard, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, and a slew of other talented groups.

My mother hates Jim Morrison, but I like the Doors. I have an equal disdain for Fleetwood Mac (commence the vomitting) and Stevie Nix's schrill voice, but she seems to like them.

Both of my parents had a heavy influence on what I consider good. Most of the crap in the 90s and 00s is recycled horse feces compared to alot of what was put out earlier.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    If you are talking rock, then it is Zepplin and AC/DC. If you are talking metal, its Sabbath and Priest and Maiden and Metallica. Cant be just two in metal. If it is live, then it would be Metallica and Pantera.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Being a musician and drummer in a southern rock / blues band it is hard for me to have a favorite.
    Each group brings it's own style, sound and energy.
    I can sit and listen to various bands all day and get something different from each one.
    Going through all the styles and types of music I own I find that 70's rock and all years of blues is what I own the most of and classical and folk is what I own the lest of.
    I also own quite a bit of big band and modern jazz.
    Of all the types of music out there Rap is crap and IMO not music at all but garbage packaged and sold to promote the gang life style!
    Johnny Nitzzinger axle grinder extraordinaire and song writer says it all in his song "Rap is Crap"
    Johnny is a Texas boy and played with ZZ Top, BB King and countless others. If Johnny says it's crap you can bank on it - LOL!!!

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    Iron Maiden, Rush and Triumph can't just be 2
    I pick these guys for true talent live bands
    Queensryche would be my fourth for best live show

Top Bottom