• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    That looks terrible. Something is seriously out of spec.

Did the grip come with its own screw?

X2. You shouldn't have to modify ANYTHING on an out of the box rifle, much less a Daniel Defense. Don't do anything else jackass. Get someone to look at it

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    What is it? The one with the out of spec lowers from RRA? Or how many DD rifles don't fit TD grips

All the DD owners having probs with that grip. Lol this thread is on page 2 of the search results.

Now your rifle with the deformed grip is forever immortalized on the Intertoobs.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Lol yep, but Larry Vickers signature carbine had a Tangodown grip, as have other DD rifles I have seen on the internet. Makes no sense.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Looks to me like you fucked up a perfectly good rifle, all for a piece of shit grip. Can you still install a different grip and have it not looking so trashed out?

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Looks to me like you fucked up a perfectly good rifle, all for a piece of shit grip. Can you still install a different grip and have it not looking so trashed out?

Like 22s on a truck.
    Back to factory original bud!

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land

I didn't **** up the rifle, just the grip lol. The rifle is still fine, people. I can put the A2 back on there, no mods to the rifle to make that grip fit

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Lol yep, but Larry Vickers signature carbine had a Tangodown grip, as have other DD rifles I have seen on the internet. Makes no sense.

let's see....you are about to get your transfer to the gun counter at work...you were able to get you a DD rifle....you can't have EVERYTHING go your way now! Something had to screw up at some point! It's the law! lol

Going to make another call to TD or cut your losses and move on to something else?

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    let's see....you are about to get your transfer to the gun counter at work...you were able to get you a DD rifle....you can't have EVERYTHING go your way now! Something had to screw up at some point! It's the law! lol

Going to make another call to TD or cut your losses and move on to something else?

Gonna see what TD has to say after they see the picture in the email i sent em. They told me to grind off the tab and stuff at first. That clearly wasn't the problem.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    TD are great guys. They replied to my email at 10:22 PM. Lets see how this goes. All their grips are injection molded and exactly the same. Might be a DD proprietary thing as clues point out. Don't want to say it's an out of spec DD rifle, since the holes on the A2 line up... but idk...

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Well, seems to be a common thing with DD rifles. Eh, I don't care anymore. I'm still going to call DD on monday and ask them about it, but i'm fine with the A2 for now.

hell, apart from all the threads i've found about DD rifles and grip gaps, this one alone has 5 or 6 people claiming they have experienced the same problem with their DD rifle.

Daniel Defense owners who have installed a MOE pistol grip

I'm just glad i'm not the only one :D

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    i'm not gonna lie, the spikes tactical actually had some aspects i prefer over the DD. There is play in the selector positions on the DD that weren't there on the spikes. PERHAPS it's because of the constant grip changes i've been doing since yesterday, but there is nothing wrong with the spring that I can see. The bolt cycled smoother, although i think this will smooth out when the finish on the rails of the BCG will get worn and it will break in. The castle nut staking on the spikes was better. Spikes staked every castle nut recess, whereas DD only staked one, and it doesn't look as neat as the spikes did. As shown in this thread via my experience and googling, some pistol grips don't fit well on DD lowers, despite them claiming to be mil-spec.

BUT, the DD lower to upper fitment is waaay tighter and has no gap, whereas my spikes had a bigger gap between upper and lower and it wobbled- BARELY. I did, however, buy the spikes upper and lower separately, but both upper and lower were spikes parts. The buffer retainer pin on the spikes was meatier too, although i don't think that matters.

The trigger actually feels better on this gun, even though both are standard "GI" triggers.

Anywho, both are/were great rifles, and none of these "problems" are really going to affect function of the gun itself. Just a brief realization of little stuff here and there.

Last edited:

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Great choice! I just did the same thing and bought a DDM4 V5 (not the LW) and expect it to arrive at GT's Monday. It will get decked out with a MOE grip, Troy folding sights and an Aimpoint T-1 on a LaRue mount.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Nice! I really wanted troys, as I wanted to try something new (last AR had too much magpul stuff on it). That's why I went Tangodown grip. Budget restraints led me to the magpul irons but they're not bad sights at all.

Make sure to let us know how that Moe grip fits on your DDM4! I'd like to get a good idea on how common something like this is.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    I already had all the accessories from my last rifle and the MOE grip had been previously installed on another Daniel Defense rifle so I don't anticipate any fitment issues.

Top Bottom