• PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Isn't it always?

Battery packs currently just can't provide as much energy as exploding goo or powder with the weight limitations of a man portable device.

U should invent a micro fusion power cell so we can get our pewpewpew on.
    Trying to design "micro" reactor, 30 pounds or less.... then you have to ask to pew with a suppressor or sound like a bug zapper going off?
    Capitol Armory ad

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    The issue with the AR-10 is weight. The rifle weighs more, the rounds weigh more, and I'm not sure if there is really any accuracy gained.

There are places where that big beautiful round can do some good. I'd rather have it but I'd have to bring my own ammo.

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Another thought, Directed energy weapons are strictly line of sight and the beams can be redirected as a defense. that evil mortar round can arc right over your perimeter wall with the greatest of ease. kinetic energy at impact is the key. 30gn projectile at 5 miles, still moving at 8000 fps will do a human like a prairie dog shot with a deer slug at 10 feet.

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    You know, they're built by the lowest bidder. They sent us to Vietnam in 1967 with M-16s, they didn't all work, if you throw in a little dirt more of them didn't work. I mean brand new they didn't all work. No reason to expect them to work now. The army could check them out before issuing them but they don't. My recent experience with new guns is that more often than not they need to go back for warranty work. Dosen't matter if it's a Browning or a Ruger or a S&W or Kimber so the army having problems doesn't surprise me.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    "More often than not", really? I think you need to find a new FFL or something.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Isn't it always?

Battery packs currently just can't provide as much energy as exploding goo or powder with the weight limitations of a man portable device.

U should invent a micro fusion power cell so we can get our pewpewpew on.

Some university out of Cali is claiming to accomplished momentary fusion.

Top Bottom