Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You're still harming the country by voting for that person, you're just harming it slightly less than you would be by voting for the other guy.

The reason a third party can't win is due solely to your mindset. People think they can't win, so they vote for the lesser of two evils instead of a legitimately good candidate. That mindset is killing this country. At some point, we're going to have to ask ourselves whether we just want to keep killing the country slowly until it finally dies, or if we want to man up and take a risk that could save it and "make America great again".

Nope. Wrong.

When the choice is between Hillary and Trump, I am not harming the country by voting for Trump.

I did not vote for Trump in the primary. But when the general election came, the choice was clear.

Tell me, when was the last time that there was a third party candidate worth voting for? Pat Paulsen? Snoopy?

I'll give you a hint - think Bull Moose party and TR.

Voting for a third party candidate just because he is not Rep or Dem does not automatically mean one is voting for a worth candidate.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Look, at the end of the day, we’re talking about politicians.

And often, “less shitty than the other guy” is the best we can hope for, depending on the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sometimes an election is like picking between herpes and aids. Clinton was clearly aids. Right now gun owners are getting raw dogged by trump.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I did not vote for Trump in the primary. But when the general election came, the choice was clear.
    Yep, same here. He was not my first choice in the primary, but he was my only choice in the general. No way I was going to do anything that would have helped Clinton.

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Certainly voice your concerns to Trump and to every rep. in congress, but I'll also remind you, it wasn't Trump that demonized bumpstocks, he was following the actions of the NRA. When the NRA threw them into the lap of the ATF, I also saw that as their doom. Trump probably never fired a gun, much less know much about them. As far as suppressors go, probably only what Hollywood has taught.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Certainly voice your concerns to Trump and to every rep. in congress, but I'll also remind you, it wasn't Trump that demonized bumpstocks, he was following the actions of the NRA. When the NRA threw them into the lap of the ATF, I also saw that as their doom. Trump probably never fired a gun, much less know much about them. As far as suppressors go, probably only what Hollywood has taught.

I don’t think that does anything to remove the blame from Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    He didn't listen.

Because most people didn’t speak up because they think bump stocks are silly/toys/etc and figured it didn’t effect them.

As a group, gun owners barely made a whisper. Let the heat it like they did during the Obama years and you will see Trump pretend to be the biggest 2A supporter the nation has ever seen.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You can blame who you wish, I just call it like I see it.

I saw the guy that that runs the executive branch of the government which the ATF falls under.

I blame gun owners too though.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Yep, here it comes. "Silencers" allow you to shoot more because its quieter.....new definition.... machine gun.
    WHOOOP....I admit it....I was wrong.

Its being defined as an Assault Weapon.

EDIT: Well, thats the way it was put in the radio report. The new article thats out defines it as a component that helps a gun fire faster.

Last edited:

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX

I believe Trump had one of those rare NYC carry permits and was known to carry a .38 special

https://www.wideopenspaces.com/check-out-the-guns-donald-trump-carries-everyday/

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I believe Trump had one of those rare NYC carry permits and was known to carry a .38 special

https://www.wideopenspaces.com/check-out-the-guns-donald-trump-carries-everyday/

Okay, that might prove he's shot a gun, but does that prove he knows a lot about guns?

As far as the 2A and suppressors (I hate calling them silencers), it might be a bit hard claiming the 2A covers them. I would point more towards reasons why other countries with heavy gun control have very little control over suppressors.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Because most people didn’t speak up because they think bump stocks are silly/toys/etc and figured it didn’t effect them.

As a group, gun owners barely made a whisper. Let the heat it like they did during the Obama years and you will see Trump pretend to be the biggest 2A supporter the nation has ever seen.

Younggun,

Despite my belief that bump-stocks are an expensive toy & a waste of money/ammo, I'm still opposed to outlawing them on "GP".

yours, satx

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Okay, that might prove he's shot a gun, but does that prove he knows a lot about guns?

Of course not. I fear that he has an elitist attitude towards gun rights.

Suppressors should be legal to protect the hearing of hunters and target shooters. There’s no good reason for them to be regulated like they are.

Top Bottom