• ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    OK.
    Perhaps the killing of CIA director Gina Haspel by Iranians would have served as a more apropos analogy, though many have never heard of her. McConnell would be a more emotional and cultural analog for Soleimani.

There is no analogy as there are no Americans with the same qualifers as Soleimani.

OK.
    Just wondering what the near-term consequences will be.

None.

OK.
    The killing of Soleimani suggests that we learned little or nothing from the Iraqi war.
    As the conflict escalated this week we seem to lack a strategy.

The strategy of all wars it to take enemy combatants off the game board. The higher level they are, the better. 2020 is off to a good start.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    OK.
    Perhaps the killing of CIA director Gina Haspel by Iranians would have served as a more apropos analogy, though many have never heard of her. McConnell would be a more emotional and cultural analog for Soleimani.

Just wondering what the near-term consequences will be.

The killing of Soleimani suggests that we learned little or nothing from the Iraqi war.
    As the conflict escalated this week we seem to lack a strategy.

Again, what a ridiculous and awful analogy and one borne out of the American-hating left. Haspel or any other American intel bureaucrat isn't responsible for the outright murder of foreign citizens, just the same as a US member of congress. One must recognize the differences between the US and the Iranians or any other rogue totalitarian regime and what this terrorist is responsible for. Until you recognize and acknowledge the differences, you just appear ignorant.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    With the replies in this thread I'm so grateful for the 'ignore' feature on this forum. I consider it prescriptive in that my Cardiologist insists I reduce my stress. I'm pretty sure that includes not interacting with stupid people/Liberals (a distinction without a difference). A big kudos to TGT for the kind assistance with my health goals.
    Yep, reading half of a conversation can be confusing, but sometimes the responses show you how ignorant the ignored member really is.

Dinoble1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2016
    Southeast FL

IMG_0630.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_0630.jpg
      IMG_0630.jpg
      28.6 KB · Views: 402

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I think one of the best (funny) tweets from a democrat I saw on this was that Trump has set back negotiations of peace with Iran. I believe it was a house rep, I wish I would have kept it. My thought was, what part of orchestrating an attack on an American embassy is a negotiation for peace?

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I think one of the best (funny) tweets from a democrat I saw on this was that Trump has set back negotiations of peace with Iran. I believe it was a house rep, I wish I would have kept it. My thought was, what part of orchestrating an attack on an American embassy is a negotiation for peace?
    I'm still figuring out Twitter but the brain dead stuff I see there is amazing.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Maybe I'm clueless or ignorant or incapable of rational thought or any number of acerbic adjectives that you gentleman care to apply to me.

Point being...
    The attack was done, one must presume, under the guise of saving American lives and protecting American interests.
    A noble and meaningful endeavor.

Let me assert that last week there were a certain number of Iranians who had the attitude that they should make peace with America and enter the world stage as an influential power. Call then the Left.
    And:
    Let me additionally assert that there were ,last week, a certain number of Iranians who had the attitude that they should make war with America at all costs. Call them the Right.
    Trump may have a plan, though he gives us nary a hint as to what he is trying to accomplish by the killing of a revered high leader.

My fear is that innumerable moderate Iranians and their like-minded men and women around the globe have been shifted abruptly to the right.

I would dearly admire Mr. Trump's taking to TV and making a national statement to explain himself.

We shall see.
    I would suggest a bit of research. You can easily find the answers to your concerns.

ETA, there is only one way to deal with religious Extremists and terrorists who pose as religious. KILL THEM BEFORE THEY KILL YOU. REPEAT TILL NO ONE IS TRYING TO KILL YOU. Then you talk peace with reasonable people left.

It really is that simple. Add nothing like nation building take away nothing.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ....I would dearly admire Mr. Trump's taking to TV and making a national statement to explain himself.
    We shall see.
    This operation, like all military operations, was conducted to advance vital US national interests. And I can say that, having participated in the entire targeting process from nomination to execution, every single target is vetted to ensure it is a lawful target; then, it takes a significant amount of weaponeering to ensure the target being struck will have the intended effects delivered. Once all that is figured out, the mission decks still have to be put together and approved by service, theater, and in some instances, National-level review boards. Once approved, the assets have to be in place, and the rules of engagement have to be met before the engagement can occur. Sometimes, (and in targets like this) the target engagement authority will reside with the Secretary of Defense and the authorization will come in real time.

What all this means is the no POTUS takes action such as this on his own; POTUS is just the decision maker for a set of highly developed options provided by the National Security Council, the Joint Chiefs, State Department, and others.

And before you go too far, just realize, that if you can’t recognize what is in the vital national interest, then it can’t be explained to you.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    And may his virgins be hung trannys.
    Hes screaming out in paradise right now. Virgin number 5 is making him feel at home. I hope he has a comfortable position bent over something not too warm.

I wonder what Bubba translates into Arabic as and is he, excuse me she, waiting till the others warm him up.

Aloha snack bar mother phucker.

ETA. I'm working on a personal flaw with my attitude. Sorry if I offended.

Well not really.

Top Bottom