• ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Trumps fatal flaw from my perspective.

He did not account for the day when he handed power to his successor.

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    I'm also not convinced they beat him. I think they feel like they have. I think they feel empowered.

But the impeachment is nothing. It's like an indictment. And what's that saying, "You can indict a ham sandwich."

Pelosi and the Schiff Show have turned impeachment into a joke. Yes, there are a lot of corporate big wigs that will turn their back on him permanently, but there is still the silent masses of folks, including a few quiet big wigs, that do support him and will continue to do so silently. In some cases, I think this will actually end up hurting Dems more than it helps. Trump will take his business out of New York, maybe to Miami, maybe to Austin, maybe to some other location that is friendly to him. And he'll bring those jobs with him. If he's not convicted in the senate, and I'm not thoroughly convinced he will be, Trump will wear this impeachment like a crown.

New York already lost one electoral vote because of population decline, which translates to fewer tax dollars, which means increased taxes, which mean more people will leave. Same in CA, MN, IL, MI. Coronavirus hurt Trump, but it showed a lot of people that democrat policies and democrat leaders don't work.

I think, when emotions settle down, Democrats will be the worse for the wear. Just my $0.02.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I'm also not convinced they beat him. I think they feel like they have. I think they feel empowered.

But the impeachment is nothing. It's like an indictment. And what's that saying, "You can indict a ham sandwich."

Pelosi and the Schiff Show have turned impeachment into a joke. Yes, there are a lot of corporate big wigs that will turn their back on him permanently, but there is still the silent masses of folks, including a few quiet big wigs, that do support him and will continue to do so silently. In some cases, I think this will actually end up hurting Dems more than it helps. Trump will take his business out of New York, maybe to Miami, maybe to Austin, maybe to some other location that is friendly to him. And he'll bring those jobs with him. If he's not convicted in the senate, and I'm not thoroughly convinced he will be, Trump will wear this impeachment like a crown.

New York already lost one electoral vote because of population decline, which translates to fewer tax dollars, which means increased taxes, which mean more people will leave. Same in CA, MN, IL, MI. Coronavirus hurt Trump, but it showed a lot of people that democrat policies and democrat leaders don't work.

I think, when emotions settle down, Democrats will be the worse for the wear. Just my $0.02.
    Why the impeachement? Pretty simple.

All the theories of Trump remaining in office for another 4 years goes down the tubes. Rest assured McConnell will not start the Senate trial. It would not serve the purpose of the impeachment. With the impeachment hanging should Trump figure out a way to oust Biden in the next week - wouldn't matter. The trial would convene immediately and a conviction assured. Pence has no spine and whatever method Trump may have found to remain in office would immediately be rejected and Biden reinstated.

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    Why the impeachement? Pretty simple.

All the theories of Trump remaining in office for another 4 years goes down the tubes. Rest assured McConnell will not start the Senate trial. It would not serve the purpose of the impeachment. With the impeachment hanging should Trump figure out a way to oust Biden in the next week - wouldn't matter. The trial would convene immediately and a conviction assured. Pence has no spine and whatever method Trump may have found to remain in office would immediately be rejected and Biden reinstated.

Except the impeachment, without a conviction accomplishes none of that. And again, I'm not convinced he'll be convicted. If he's not convicted, Trump will look at this at yet another attempt to bring him down by triggered liberals and yet another victory against them.

I know why they're doing it. I know that there are a lot of establishment Republicans that want him out of office as well. The problem is, the vast majority of Republican voters don't agree. Frank Lutz was saying that even after the Capitol event, 91% of Trump voters would vote for Trump again. The same can't be said for Cocaine Mitch. This may very well be his last term in office.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    These people keep claiming there was an insurrection. Do they know how armed we are? We haven't even been protesting all that much. If there was an insurrection there would be mounds of bodies and there would be heads on pikes.
    Only an "insurrection" if it takes place in the capitol. Any other city is fair game as long as you are black or are a communist apparently

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Except the impeachment, without a conviction accomplishes none of that. And again, I'm not convinced he'll be convicted. If he's not convicted, Trump will look at this at yet another attempt to bring him down by triggered liberals and yet another victory against them.

I know why they're doing it. I know that there are a lot of establishment Republicans that want him out of office as well. The problem is, the vast majority of Republican voters don't agree. Frank Lutz was saying that even after the Capitol event, 91% of Trump voters would vote for Trump again. The same can't be said for Cocaine Mitch. This may very well be his last term in office.
    There is no desire nor intent to convict - at this time.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    There is no desire nor intent to convict - at this time.
    And you base that on what ?

I don't think there is any doubt at all that Pelosi and Clyburn want to convict him and then vote to keep him from every running again. That was precisely stated by that great American stateman, Jim Clyburn, yesterday.

(6) Rep. James Clyburn says "there's a good chance" Trump will be convicted in the Senate (cnn.com)

Not a doubt in my mind that Pelosi wants to break Trump down as far as possible. He made her look like the loser she is and she resents it.

Last edited:

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    And you base that on what ?
    My belief that the act of impeachment was a "head'em off at the pass" action. Should any one of a number of "theories" come to pass and Trump actually remain in office after the 20th then the Senate trial begins and ends in conviction post haste. Could it be that dems/republicans are working together to keep a two party system intact to give voters the appearence of choice?

ETA: You could be right as well.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    My belief that the act of impeachment was a "head'em off at the pass" action. Should any one of a number of "theories" come to pass and Trump actually remain in office after the 20th then the Senate trial begins and ends in conviction post haste. Could it be that dems/republicans are working together to keep a two party system intact to give voters the appearence of choice?

ETA: You could be right as well.
    I guess I have a hard time even thinking of dems and repubs are working together on anything.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    Bread and Circus! No chance of impeachment. Just rallying the 'base'. There is no coherent democrat party. They have no platform or vision that they can rally behind, so 'orange man BAD' is ALL they have. They will beat this horse until hell freezes over. When everyone become sick of it, the democrat infighting will be a thing to behold!

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Bread and Circus! No chance of impeachment. Just rallying the 'base'. There is no coherent democrat party. They have no platform or vision that they can rally behind, so 'orange man BAD' is ALL they have. They will beat this horse until hell freezes over. When everyone become sick of it, the democrat infighting will be a thing to behold!
    I agree with you ! I wished the republicans would just sit down and not even participate in the impeachment debates, and I think McCain should agree to recall the Senate today and let the impeachment go though without offering any defense.

Get it over with and off the front page every day. Then let's see the democrats go at each other.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If the Dems were smart, they would want Trump to run again in 2024. He would lose in all likelihood. The R party would splinter again during the primary.

But the TDS is so strong, they want a conviction.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If the Dems were smart, they would want Trump to run again in 2024. He would lose in all likelihood. The R party would splinter again during the primary.

But the TDS is so strong, they want a conviction.

The hate is strong for Trump. Has been since he announced he was going to run. It only got stronger and more intense once he was declared the winner, and they were hell-bent on destroying him at all costs. Look back at last year as proof. The only way to finally take Trump down, was to "weaponize" a virus, and use it to their advantage of disrupting and even possibly destroying our economy, and then pushing the mail-in ballots, which they knew they had more control over cheating with.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    The hate is strong for Trump. Has been since he announced he was going to run. It only got stronger and more intense once he was declared the winner, and they were hell-bent on destroying him at all costs. Look back at last year as proof. The only way to finally take Trump down, was to "weaponize" a virus, and use it to their advantage of disrupting and even possibly destroying our economy, and then pushing the mail-in ballots, which they knew they had more control over cheating with.
    Aha, so it's the democrats that released the virus on the world to get Trump...not the Chinese ?

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Aha, so it's the democrats that released the virus on the world to get Trump...not the Chinese ?
    LOL.... could I borrow your ladder? That'un went over my head!

ETA: Nah.... Chinese did it - dimms just collaborated with'em!

Top Bottom