• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    Let's see what he does for the big budget coming up in Oct before we start getting all excited about calling him a liar. Not all Republicans are on board with Trump in the House and Senate which makes things tough to do anything, next years budget is for 2018 and there will be a lot of people worried about reelection that will help. CNN I just read Trump will get to pick another scotus justice soon. Also note that when the dems do something they always show a united front no matter what, while the Republicans seem to be disjointed and have no idea what to do, basically afraid of their own shadows, like 50 shades of grey where the dems are the guy and the rep are the girl still innocent and virginy if that's a word. They need to grow a pair or them dems will always win. So give Trump at least till the big important budget and see if he does what he says and he will shut down the govt. till he gets most of what he wants.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Again...you vote for president for the judges and justices they are likely to appoint. Especially trump. It's the spoonful of sugar that makes the shit sammiches go down. That and the end of clinton. The country is center right and as such at least one house will be republican most of the time. That washes most damage but it's the courts we need in the end. Especially the bastardised 9 tards. I'm not talking 5 to 4 either I'm talking at least 6 and 7 would be better for a good 20 years.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Again...you vote for president for the judges and justices they are likely to appoint. Especially trump. It's the spoonful of sugar that makes the shit sammiches go down. That and the end of clinton. The country is center right and as such at least one house will be republican most of the time. That washes most damage but it's the courts we need in the end. Especially the bastardised 9 tards. I'm not talking 5 to 4 either I'm talking at least 6 and 7 would be better for a good 20 years.

This. We can have the greatest budget in the world that gives us everything we want as conservatives but if the courts decide to involve themselves in the politics of it, and liberal judges inevitably will, it's all for nothing. The left will always find some excuse to declare something unconstitutional and if they can't, they'll just make it up.

Which is not to say that I don't wish Trump would fight harder on this budget, or other things. But if we don't start taking back the judiciary, nothing - I repeat NOTHING - else is going to matter. So far, he's delivered on that promise but you're right, we need 6 or 7, not just 5. Hopefully more openings are coming.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Did I miss something and we have a budget passed? Or is this the stop gap that keeps doors open till Friday?

I think the one they're working on this week takes us through the end of the fiscal year, which is September. Otherwise they have to do "continuing resolutions" on a week-by-week basis (I think, could be wrong) which simply extends the status quo.

I wouldn't so much have a problem putting this off until September if I knew for a fact that it would be properly addressed then. But given the RINO's history of folding before the fight even starts, I have no reason to believe anything is going to be different in September. I'm ready for a knock-down drag out, crush the left (and the RINO's), shut it all down if necessary fight, right here right now. I think Trump would see his support skyrocket if he did that. I think the people are ready to fix this crap once and for all.

I don't know. We'll see.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    This. We can have the greatest budget in the world that gives us everything we want as conservatives but if the courts decide to involve themselves in the politics of it, and liberal judges inevitably will, it's all for nothing. The left will always find some excuse to declare something unconstitutional and if they can't, they'll just make it up.

Which is not to say that I don't wish Trump would fight harder on this budget, or other things. But if we don't start taking back the judiciary, nothing - I repeat NOTHING - else is going to matter. So far, he's delivered on that promise but you're right, we need 6 or 7, not just 5. Hopefully more openings are coming.

Why do you think you will get future justices that you want? Bannon's influence is gone. He's been replaced by Trump's Democratic relatives.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I believe a few here would have voted Obama for a third term.

Hell yes!

Did not think so at the time.
    I'll be the heretic.

Now that we see and begin to know Trump's true colors......hell yes.
    He may be an idiot savant in real estate, but he's just not very bright outside that domain.

BO was mostly harmless.

Obamacare looks pretty good by comparison at the moment. Trump hasn't a clue.

The most frightening factoid is that Mr. Trump now realizes that the only way to bolster his ego and his approval rating is to drop a big ass bomb or launch a few cruise missiles.
    THAT really really frightens me.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Do I comment on this or let others? I think I'll let others have the fun.

It's not worth it.

And when you start seeing Bannon comments it's a dead giveaway of where people are getting their information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Why do you think you will get future justices that you want? Bannon's influence is gone. He's been replaced by Trump's Democratic relatives.

I don't know the future so I don't know with certainty who Trump will or will not appoint to future SCOTUS openings, if there are any during his term(s) in office. But I can say with 100% certainty that I would much rather Trump be making these picks than Hillary Clinton, because I can say with 100% certainty that Hillary's picks would end the Constitution as you and I know it, particularly as respects the 2nd Amendment.

That alone, in and of itself, regardless of almost anything else Trump might or might not do, made and makes his presidency worth taking a chance on, and worth supporting.

Now, if he pulls some obvious known liberal idiot out of his butt to replace Kennedy or Ginsburg, then yes, he will have lost me along with probably 75% or more of his base. At that point the game changes, but not until then.

Last edited:

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Hell yes!

Did not think so at the time.
    I'll be the heretic.

Now that we see and begin to know Trump's true colors......hell yes.
    He may be an idiot savant in real estate, but he's just not very bright outside that domain.

BO was mostly harmless.

Obamacare looks pretty good by comparison at the moment. Trump hasn't a clue.

The most frightening factoid is that Mr. Trump now realizes that the only way to bolster his ego and his approval rating is to drop a big ass bomb or launch a few cruise missiles.
    THAT really really frightens me.

Oh good grief.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I don't know the future so I don't know with certainty who Trump will or will not appoint to future SCOTUS openings, if there are any during his term(s) in office. But I can say with 100% certainty that I would much rather Trump be making these picks than Hillary Clinton, because I can say with 100% certainty that Hillary's picks would end the Constitution as you and I know it, particularly as respects the 2nd Amendment.

I don't believe that. I think Trump could randomly pick anyone for anything depending on how he woke up that morning.

People keep comparing Trump to Hillary when they should be comparing Trump to the Republicans we could have had.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    People keep comparing Trump to Hillary when they should be comparing Trump to the Republicans we could have had.

Coulda, wouda, shouda - but Trump and Hillary were the only choices. You sorry you didn't get to vote for Jeb, in which case Hillary would have won?

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Coulda, wouda, shouda - but Trump and Hillary were the only choices. You sorry you didn't get to vote for Jeb, in which case Hillary would have won?

NO. Trump and Hillary were the only choices when the election started. Not before during the primaries, and not even during the election. Now you have a the guys busy tweeting about Clinton while at the same time his Obamacare replacement, tax proposals, infrastructure spending proposals, budget proposals, all just flitter away. Where's those hundreds of thousands of working class jobs? GDP growth is falling not rising.

his only "accomplishment" (Gorsuch) would have been done by any President with an R in front of his name.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I don't believe that. I think Trump could randomly pick anyone for anything depending on how he woke up that morning.

Well, he might. We'll just have to wait and see. If he appoints a loon, we can pressure him/her to withdraw and get a do-over (like we did when Bush foolishly appointed Harriet Myers), or we can pressure the Senate not to confirm, both of which are far more viable options than they would be if Hillary was in charge. I don't understand your hand-wringing over this and besides, what exactly do you suggest we do about it now?

Look, I supported Cruz in the primary. I was all but a never-Trumper. But he won the nomination, and I understood why he won even if I didn't agree with it, but at that point priority #'s 1 through 10 became to keep Hillary Clinton out of the White House. Period, end of story. That's why we're comparing Trump to Hillary - THAT WAS THE CHOICE.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    his only "accomplishment" (Gorsuch) would have been done by any President with an R in front of his name.

Of course, but Trump was the R on the ticket. Cruz didn't win the nomination. I wish he had, but he didn't. Rubio didn't win the nomination. Nor did Kasich or Bush or any of the others. And frankly, even if they had, I don't know that anybody other than Trump would have beaten Hillary.

Top Bottom