• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well, he might. We'll just have to wait and see. If he appoints a loon, we can pressure him/her to withdraw and get a do-over (like we did when Bush foolishly appointed Harriet Myers), or we can pressure the Senate not to confirm, both of which are far more viable options than they would be if Hillary was in charge. I don't understand your hand-wringing over this and besides, what exactly do you suggest we do about it now?

Look, I supported Cruz in the primary. I was all but a never-Trumper. But he won the nomination, and I understood why he won even if I didn't agree with it, but at that point priority #'s 1 through 10 became to keep Hillary Clinton out of the White House. Period, end of story. That's why we're comparing Trump to Hillary - THAT WAS THE CHOICE.

Ed Zachary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    If he nominates a loon, the Senate will confirm the loon.

What do we do about it? Right out the crazy until the next election. At that point either the Democrats regain Congress and immediately impeach him, or we ride out until he quits because its "harder than he thought it would be."

But the constant comparisons to Hillary are past their due date. Saying you're better than the guy who tries to jump off skyscrapers because you hotels still means you're jumping off roofs.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So, what has he actually done that is truly horrible?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Is truly horrible the standard now? I should be President. I'm "merely" horrible. Thats a step up. :usflag:

Considering the reactions I'm seeing to him, I figured I'd need to limit the list to truly horrible things in order to save server space.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I think the one they're working on this week takes us through the end of the fiscal year, which is September. Otherwise they have to do "continuing resolutions" on a week-by-week basis (I think, could be wrong) which simply extends the status quo.

I wouldn't so much have a problem putting this off until September if I knew for a fact that it would be properly addressed then. But given the RINO's history of folding before the fight even starts, I have no reason to believe anything is going to be different in September. I'm ready for a knock-down drag out, crush the left (and the RINO's), shut it all down if necessary fight, right here right now. I think Trump would see his support skyrocket if he did that. I think the people are ready to fix this crap once and for all.

I don't know. We'll see.

Thanks. Seems like he did a bit of negotiation and got some Dems to sign on to at least the Stop Gap thing. Why waste political capital for a 5 month deal when the real fight is coming.

Yes he conceded some things, which are going to happen. There is no way around that political fact. He needs some Dem votes to pass a budget in the senate and counter the RINO contingent. If you think he's going to go 100% on everything you're naive.

We need to look at big picture and see how he manages the real fight. I expect he will have to concede things like the funding of sanctuary cities and planned parenthood, probably some defense spending in order to gain DHS spending, tax relief and school credits..

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    If he nominates a loon, the Senate will confirm the loon.

What do we do about it? Right out the crazy until the next election. At that point either the Democrats regain Congress and immediately impeach him, or we ride out until he quits because its "harder than he thought it would be."

But the constant comparisons to Hillary are past their due date. Saying you're better than the guy who tries to jump off skyscrapers because you hotels still means you're jumping off roofs.
    He'll nominate from the list he's already given us. And you have NO reason to believe otherwise. The one exception I could think of was that he could pull a smooth move and nominate Ted Cruz to the Court. THAT is a surprise I could go for.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    He'll nominate from the list he's already given us. And you have NO reason to believe otherwise. The one exception I could think of was that he could pull a smooth move and nominate Ted Cruz to the Court. THAT is a surprise I could go for.

I have no reason to believe he even remembers he had a list, much less would follow it.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Some folks just simply prefer being contrarian and pessimistic. I get that--really, I do.

As for me, I have no reason to doubt, if given the opportunity, that the President will work from his list.

Top Bottom