• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atticus finch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Its always interesting to discuss these things but the reality is that there will come the day where we will have to start legalizing some drugs. It simply costs too much money to fight it. Its a war that can never be won. The trick is to raise your kids to make the right decisions.

Once upon a time an individual actually voiced the same idea, her words were "just say no" Teach your kids to 'just say no' and she was literally savaged for it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Why not? Are you implying that no one has any legitimate authority to govern any substance that you consume? None what so ever?

What on earth could give another person any legitimate kind of authority over what I choose to do with me, including what I choose to ingest, inhale or inject? And what could possibly give them the right to use force up to and including lethal force on me if I disobeyed their dictates?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    By willfully becoming intoxicated, and then getting behind the wheel, you did plan it out.

Which is why drunk drivers who kill someone are charged with murder instead of manslaughter...

The intent getting behind the wheel all fucked up isn't to kill someone, which is why it's charged as manslaughter when they do:

"§ 19.04. MANSLAUGHTER. (a) A person commits an offense if he recklessly causes the death of an individual."

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    What on earth could give another person any legitimate kind of authority over what I choose to do with me, including what I choose to ingest, inhale or inject? And what could possibly give them the right to use force up to and including lethal force on me if I disobeyed their dictates?

You have rights in the constitution. The state and US constitution also gives the government ability to pass laws. The government is the legal governing body. There is no right to do whatever you want as long as it is to your "own body." It implies you answer to no one, that you have no responsibilities to anyone.

No one has answered where they derive this right to do whatever they want to themselves as long as they think it doesn't hurt anyone else.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    "It's the government, they have the power to control you without rhyme or reason." Spoken like a born slave. You may wish to live your life as a slave, but please stop advocating it as a lifestyle for the rest of us who are quite capable of accepting the consequences of our own decisions. Find yourself a benevolent whip-master, let the rest of us have our freedom, and we can all be happy.

No one has answered where they derive this right to do whatever they want to themselves as long as they think it doesn't hurt anyone else.

If it has to be explained, you'll never understand. YOU still haven't explained why I must answer to ANYONE but myself for what I do to my own body. "Because the government says so" is not an acceptable answer to a man who values liberty.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    You have rights in the constitution. The state and US constitution also gives the government ability to pass laws. The government is the legal governing body. There is no right to do whatever you want as long as it is to your "own body." It implies you answer to no one, that you have no responsibilities to anyone.

Allow me to be the first then. It's inalienable. It's inherent in our humanity. You have no real authority over other human beings, only God does.

PS - The Constitution doesn't give us rights. It protects rights that are given to us by our Creator. That means these rights apply to every human being on earth, whether or not they've fought to throw off their oppressors and exercise them in the place where they live.

ETA: Read the Book of Samuel if you want to know what our Creator thinks about governments.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    We need more laws which make it illegal for people to hit their thumbs with hammers, smash their fingers in doors, spill hot coffee on themselves, and get VD. That way no one does those things anymore. It's for their own good, if people aren't told what to do by the government they won't do the right thing and these self-harmful activities will continue. People should be punished for victimless crimes and remotely possible dangerous behavior.

Now it's a beautiful day and if you'll excuse me I have an appointment with my sky-diving instructor...

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Texas42, pretty sure pursuit of happiness covers that pretty well.

Not saying drugs make you happy but people should have the right to make stupid decisions if it doesnt infringe on others rights.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Y'all can choose to believe this or not; BUT I am telling what happened to ME, first person ! Years ago, early 1970's, I was a Family Doctor in a "Sparkling City" on the Texas Coast. An older doctor-friend approached me with a request: He was going on a three week honeymoon with his new young bride to London; would I "cover" his federal drug clinic while he was gone? I agreed. first step was to get a "Schedule I" drug permit, which regular doctors can't get. The clinic had 28 employees, from janitors to nurses, to counselors, to office personnel. The budget was $3MM/ year, equivalent to over $10 million today. First day, things went fine. Second day, the clinic manager, an attractive, well-dressed young lady of about thirty, came to my office door and asked to speak in private. She prefaced her requests with "If this makes you too uncomfortable, you don't have to agree." I thought I was about go be "propositioned"; But, no, she asked me this: "Doc, if you were to pee into a cup, would the urine contain opiate drugs or residues?" My reply was "Of course not, why would you ask?" She then said that the "lab" needed a "negative control" to set up their chemical testing for the week. But, I inquired, "You have 28 federal employees here, can't any of them do this?" "No", she replied. "Not even you?", I pressed. Eyes diverted to the floor, she replied, "No, not even me!" "Do you mean that all of the government employees here are on illegal drugs?" "Yes", she replied ! I was astounded; still am !

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

9th and 10th Amendments mean nothing? The 9th in particular: "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

Show me where in the Constitution the fed.gov is granted such power over you. I can save you time and tell you that it isn't.

Telling me that people don't have an absolute right to do with their own selves as they please is ridiculous.

Groups have no rights that its individual members do not have. The power of government is derived from the people, granted from the people. I have the right to protect myself from attack, therefore government has the power to punish people who attack others without cause. Likewise, I don't have the power to tell you not to have Budweiser for breakfast, therefore the government doesn't have that power.

Last edited:

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX

You're kidding right?
    My rights are inherent from my creator, the Constitution merely protects them from being trampled by the government.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    If tobacco is legal, then everything else should be as well. Tobacco kills more people annually than all illegal drugs combined. My belief is that if it does not affect the life, liberty, or property of someone else it should not be a crime.
    This is a specious argument because tobacco kills it user slowly, if at all and doesn't cause it's user to strip naked and gnaw someone's face off (Bath Salts), strip naked and attack everything that moves (Angel Dust), sell their body for sex (Heroin), let's their flesh and teeth rot(Crack), shoot anyone who sells in your territory(Crystal Meth), leads to other worse drugs(Marijuana), used by the CIA for ****-up someone's mind up(LSD), (shall I go on?). Just look at the mayhem in our country at the hands of all the a$$hats who are fucked-up on shit, can't pay their bills so their kids go on welfare, steal to support their habit, and clog our Emergency rooms. Just cause they're not stealing your stuff doesn't mean you're not paying.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Texas42, pretty sure pursuit of happiness covers that pretty well.

Not saying drugs make you happy but people should have the right to make stupid decisions if it doesnt infringe on others rights.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
    I guess since a child's "right" to lucid and effective parents isn't enunciated in the Constitution you support parents getting high?

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    We need more laws which make it illegal for people to hit their thumbs with hammers, smash their fingers in doors, spill hot coffee on themselves, and get VD. That way no one does those things anymore. It's for their own good, if people aren't told what to do by the government they won't do the right thing and these self-harmful activities will continue. People should be punished for victimless crimes and remotely possible dangerous behavior.

Now it's a beautiful day and if you'll excuse me I have an appointment with my sky-diving instructor...
    If you had ever seen a neglected child of druggie parents, you wouldn't be so quick to call drug use a "victimless" crime.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    if at all and doesn't cause it's user to strip naked and gnaw someone's face off (Bath Salts),

Another true believer in the War on Drugs and it's propaganda. You know when they performed the autopsy on that guy, he was sober, right? (Trace amounts of marijuana were found, though.) Didn't the fact the police were saying he was on bath salts without any evidence, several weeks before his autopsy, raise any red flags for you?

leads to other worse drugs(Marijuana)

Ah, the crusty old "Gateway drug" theory. Except that most people who use pot are satisfied to keep using pot and not graduate to harder drugs. And except that most junkies surveyed said the first drugs they ever used were alcohol and tobacco...

Just look at the mayhem in our country at the hands of all the a$$hats who are fucked-up on shit, can't pay their bills so their kids go on welfare, steal to support their habit, and clog our Emergency rooms.

That is a separate issue regarding "Social services" which most of us here are probably against. Let's keep this on topic.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom