• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    True dat. I completely agree with you. Life choices have absolutely nothing to do with laws - for some people. I would think that some people who have jobs dependent on drug testing would hesitate about partaking.

But that has nothing to do with the law. I knew a guy who worked for a truck company which wouldn't employ anyone who drank alcohol. Ya don't need laws for that.

Also, it depends on the person. You'd be surprised how many people fail piss tests on probation because they chose not to stop smoking pot (a non-addictive drug!) Dumbasses will always dumbass.
    Gun Zone Deals

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    That wouldn't surprise me at all actually. "Dumbasses will always dumbass." Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    But that has nothing to do with the law. I knew a guy who worked for a truck company which wouldn't employ anyone who drank alcohol. Ya don't need laws for that.

Also, it depends on the person. You'd be surprised how many people fail piss tests on probation because they chose not to stop smoking pot (a non-addictive drug!) Dumbasses will always dumbass.

Marijuana is very addictive. I don't care what anybody says.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    There are people who will turn to a drug as a way to escape from life's problems. I don't believe this is an addiction to the drug as much as an addiction to the escape and by removing one escape they would simply find another.

I wouldn't consider marijuana to be any more addictive than alcohol.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    There are people who will turn to a drug as a way to escape from life's problems. I don't believe this is an addiction to the drug as much as an addiction to the escape and by removing one escape they would simply find another.

I believe that is why most use drugs as a escape from life.
    I wouldn't consider marijuana to be any more addictive than alcohol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    Just about every rock musician ever. :p

What do I win?

Old Bill Hicks (died of pancreatic cancer) bit: "See, I think drugs have done some good things for us, I really do. And if you don’t believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor; go home tonight, take all your albums, all your tapes, and all your CD’s and burn em’. 'Cause you don't want the musicians who’ve made all that great music that’s enhanced your lives throughout the years?..
    Rrrrrrrreal $#@!in' high on drugs."
    - Bill Hicks

I couple prominent examples of this:

Red Hot Chili Peppers. On heroin? Awesome music. Off it? Suck horribly.

Chris Cornell admitted that it wasn't until he got involved in Audioslave (previous band was Soundgarden) that he'd made music without any influence from drugs. Guess what? Audioslave sucked, Soundgarden was pretty damn awesome.

Michael Jackson, The King (Elvis), Walt Disney, Quentin Tarentino, Ben Franklin, Dude it can go on forever and ever..

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Marijuana is very addictive. I don't care what anybody says.

There is a difference between addiction and compulsion. That show My Strange Addiction has a misleading title; those people aren't addicted to their weird behaviors. If someone can have a compulsion to eat bullets and glass for attention then of course someone can have a compulsion to smoke the reefer.

Marijuana-Addictive.jpg

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I can live with that. Although no one on the face of the earth has any right to tell another human what they can put in their body.

Why not? Are you implying that no one has any legitimate authority to govern any substance that you consume? None what so ever?

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    Why not? Are you implying that no one has any legitimate authority to govern any substance that you consume? None what so ever?
    Exactly. You can pollute your body with whatever you like. However, when you get drunk, stoned, high, whatever, and kill someone, then you're guilty of premeditated murder. Freedom and accountability, all at once. What makes you believe that you or anyone else has dominion over another person's body?

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX
    My $6.35 (2 cents adjusted for inflation) is this:

Follow the money for why pot is not legalized. That is always an interesting eye opener. Cartels have lobbiests too, just not too many, and not too open. So they can be dismissed for this argument. So ok, who has the most to lose if pot is legal? One of the most prescribed drugs for pain is hydro-codone, also one of the most abused. Having been through 4 cancer surgeries, I am familier with that one. If pot was legal, I would have forgone the hydro-codone for the pot. Local smoke shop would have gotten my money, instead of the pharmacy.

But our government in all it's wisdom, decrees that we should take the more expensive, highly addicting, drugs from the pharma companies. They gave big dollar donations, and have lots of lobbiests. So who are the government going to listen too?

Can't sleep? Yet another multi-$$$ industry from big pharma. Yet pot would help with that as well.

So lets all support big pharma, with their more addicting drugs, and continue with the government wisdom that keeping pot illegal is good for the people.

That would work, as soon as we get a government that does not define 'Good for the people' as what will line my pockets or keep me in power, and actually think about what's good for the people.

(must of had a stoner moment to even think that would be possible)

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Its always interesting to discuss these things but the reality is that there will come the day where we will have to start legalizing some drugs. It simply costs too much money to fight it. Its a war that can never be won. The trick is to raise your kids to make the right decisions.

Top Bottom