Not open for further replies.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    The ground clearance sucked on the MkV.

Note how much better the T-34's clearance is.
    367350fa002159116a8cb4935ac4f2cc.jpg
    fb0cacd3a11087217db5f096c7fa459c.jpg

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Might be able to get through mud as well as a pick up truck or a horse.

Just kidding of course.

I'll take the horse.
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    I am not an expert but there seems to be indication that the money we are poring into Ukraine is being squandered; not a surprise considering the Biden administration lacks judgement of any sort. Perhaps some oversight is in order....after all, the average US taxpayer is ultimately paying....

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I am not an expert but there seems to be indication that the money we are poring into Ukraine is being squandered; not a surprise considering the Biden administration lacks judgement of any sort. Perhaps some oversight is in order....after all, the average US taxpayer is ultimately paying....

Well, squandering aid money is nothing new, but the Ukes certainly are using most of the donated training & equipment to great effect.
    They have decimated a large part of the Russian conventional military capability, such as it was, during their “special 3 day military operation”.

Damn good investment by NATO and the US taxpayer.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Well, squandering aid money is nothing new, but the Ukes certainly are using most of the donated training & equipment to great effect.
    They have decimated a large part of the Russian conventional military capability, such as it was, during their “special 3 day military operation”.

Damn good investment by NATO and the US taxpayer.
    So, tell us: Do you actually believe the reports on CNN ?

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Russia cannot dreamlf fielding 1000 tanks and if they could they would be ancient (i.e. 1960/70 era tanks) which a Bradley can defeat

The 131 NATO tanks will not arrive until late spring or June. Then they will be employed by operators with less than 60 days training on very complex and maintenance intensive equipment. The M1A1 is a great weapon however it cannot engage targets from several hundred miles nor move thru time. Janes Defense may be limited on intel however it is far more reliable than Western news or the Laughable Ukrainian news when evaluating Russian inventory. Keep in mind that the first casualty of any war is truth

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The 131 NATO tanks will not arrive until late spring or June. Then they will be employed by operators with less than 60 days training on very complex and maintenance intensive equipment. The M1A1 is a great weapon however it cannot engage targets from several hundred miles nor move thru time. Janes Defense may be limited on intel however it is far more reliable than Western news or the Laughable Ukrainian news when evaluating Russian inventory. Keep in mind that the first casualty of any war is truth
    Optics.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    My nursing home gals all took the weekend off to go compete in a wet T-shirt event at a BBQ somewhere near Austij.
    My Dad would’ve volunteered to be a judge for that competition.

Speaking of such facilities, here’s an excerpt from another forum where I replied to a post by Texzilla58 about that topic….

On 1/23/2023 at 12:15 PM, Texzilla58 said:

When my grandmother went into assisted living at 98, there were about 200 old ladies and 8 old men. They lived like kings each with a harem. My grandmother would point them out. Like high school. “See that one? Slut! She’s slept with all the men! That one there is a whore!”

20 years ago it sounded funny. The closer you get the better it looks.
    That is the way it went for my dad when he moved to a retirement community at age 81.
    One Christmas my brothers and I booked a limo service for him to take a date to a big holiday party held at another location for all the residents.
    At the time appointed, the stretch limo rolled up to the entrance, and we watched him & three old ladies (all dressed to the nines) get into the back. Lol.

Another time, when he was wheelchair-bound, he told us how he had rolled down the facility hallway to visit his lady friend in her room, but when he went inside there was another old dude in bed on top of her.
    We asked him, “What did you do then Dad?”.
    He replied, “I just left my card on the table and reversed out of there”.

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    My Dad would’ve volunteered to be a judge for that competition.

Speaking of such facilities, here’s an excerpt from another forum where I replied to a post by Texzilla58 about that topic….

That is the way it went for my dad when he moved to a retirement community at age 81.
    One Christmas my brothers and I booked a limo service for him to take a date to a big holiday party held at another location for all the residents.
    At the time appointed, the stretch limo rolled up to the entrance, and we watched him & three old ladies (all dressed to the nines) get into the back. Lol.

Another time, when he was wheelchair-bound, he told us how he had rolled down the facility hallway to visit his lady friend in her room, but when he went inside there was another old dude in bed on top of her.
    We asked him, “What did you do then Dad?”.
    He replied, “I just left my card on the table and reversed out of there”.
    <>

Back in the 1960’s, my Buddy’s 94 yo GrandPa moved from a nursing home to the apartment complex across the street.

When asked why, he said he needed some privacy for when the Ladies from the N.H. visited him on “dates”.

leVieux

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Funny...when I google "uaf report" it comes up with the University of Alaska's student newspaper. What is this source you've found? Following the link, the writer of the article's bio blurb identifies "Daniel" (no last name) as a "syndicated opinion writer and amateur theologian". That's not exactly a hard-hitting journalistic background there.

Looking at other sources, (multiple other sources from various countires including the US), it appears these "resignations" were not voluntary and quite a few were described as 'dismissals'. Considering that Zelenskyy ran on an anti-corruption platform, I'd say booting corrupt officials doesn't necessarily reflect badly on the government he's got in place - housecleaning is much preferable to coverups and denials (*cough* OBAMA *cough*). Consider the Russian government, which is very hard to differentiate from the Russian mafia, for a contrast.

It's interesting how the Ukrainians, who have been working for decades to create an honest representative government, have to be perfect in order to deserve your support, but Russia with its oligarchy gets it by default.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Raw numbers of inventory are not of use if they are mothballed and rotted from years of neglect. russia has used its best equipment as evidenced by loss analysis.

I do not think it will take near that long to get the Leopards and Abrams to the front lines. The Abrams will take longer to get into service but the logistics are already in place for the most part to push the Leopards into battle fairly quickly.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's interesting how the Ukrainians, who have been working for decades to create an honest representative government, have to be perfect in order to deserve your support, but Russia with its oligarchy gets it by default.
    Now that makes me laugh. With all the corruption over the years, they must not be working long days.

As for UAF, while I'm not validating their accuracy, it didn't take long to figure out who they claim to be.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Didn't claim the article came from the Washington Post or NY Times or other first rate journalistic icon. I do think the folks who were "resigned" or canned, etc. really were keboshed because or corruption and blowing through US tax dollars. In my humble and not so educated opinion this fiasco in Ukraine was induced by Biden when he allowed that pipeline which bypassed the original pipeline headed to Europe and made the Ruskies OK with invading. Why did Biden OK that pipeline while killing our domestic pipeline? I am not a fringe nut but it seems to me that Biden was poking Ukraine for something via Hunter and his Burisma connections. I am sure the Ruskies didn't need a lot of prodding to go empire building as they had already taken Crimea when Obummer was CIC and seeing Biden's coordinated goat rope leaving Afghanistan with out tail between our legs probably emboldening to Poooootin. That that pipeline Joe hadn't given the green light to had NOT happened, I suspect the Ruskies would not have wanted to disrupt their oil flow rubles (going to Europe). Guess I lost even more confidence in that Ukranian prez when I saw Nancy and Joe fawning on him. Didn't strike me very well.

I don't pay close attention to geo political stuff these days... Used to travel overseas a lot when I worked for the Fed and found out we really have few friends overseas as far as govts go.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom