• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    From Politico article linked at end.

Russia meet Ukraines Iron Dome.

Ukrainian air defense forces said Tuesday in a statement: “This night Russia attacked Ukraine from south, north, and east. From six aircraft MiG-31K, six hypersonic missiles X-47M2 ‘Kinzhal’ were launched, 9 cruise missiles ‘Kalіbr’ — from ships off the Black Sea and three ground-based missiles (S-400, ‘Iskander-M’). All of them were shot down.”

Plus 9 drones.

The falling debris damaged some greenery but the branches have already been removed and now we are destressing the animals. The official said.

I guess this was Russian attempts to overwhelm the new Patriot system and take out is radar and launcher deployment.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Thank you again Ben for these very informative videos.

Please, keep em coming!
    Happy to do it.

I'll leave it to members to search independently for some of his videos/lectures on why Russia invaded and who's to blame. I've found them very insightful but posting one here would reignite some of the acrimony we've previously endured in this thread.

Side note - For those who have followed him for a long time, note that he isn't exactly drawing attention to some of his predictions that didn't happen. He's far from infallible.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    It is Europe's problem but we are part of NATO so our people by treaty will be in the fight. Seriously though, are you an American or are you sitting in a room in Russia promoting their BS?
    Ukraine is not a nato country so it is not a nato problem. Seriously though, are you an American or are you sitting in a room in Ukraine promoting their BS?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Ukraine is not a nato country so it is not a nato problem. Seriously though, are you an American or are you sitting in a room in Ukraine promoting their BS?
    How many videos and quotes do we have to post of russian officials and spokesman saying they want to retake Europe and once Ukriane is denazified, then come Poland and Lithuania and Estonia and Latvia and Finland and Germany...

I don't want Ukrianians to die, but why not supply them and let them keep doing a good job kicking russian ass so we don't have to send our troops to get killed?

Accepting a negotiator's word sidestepping responsibility for hosting failed talks = swallowed hook, line and sinker

Accepting a parties self-admission on further attacking Europe after they just made good on one threat = dismissed as codswallop

Let's continue to send equipment that we don't use and that costs us money to upkeep so it can be used to slay some rashists.

Its like having an old functional car you don't drive. You have to maintain it, wash it, pay for insurance... but when you donate it you get to "claim" the value as the original MSRP. We are giving a lot, but its not as much as it sounds like. The equipment has been bought and paid for, the value to out government was recovered through use, now someone else can use it. There is no downside

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Doesn’t take much of a VPN to make a Russian propagandist look like he is sitting in Dallas while drinking vodka in Moscow.

surely you must see the similarities between you and others behavior here and the liberals who call everyone racist when they disagree with them. Maybe your argument is just weak.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    How many videos and quotes do we have to post of russian officials and spokesman saying they want to retake Europe and once Ukriane is denazified, then come Poland and Lithuania and Estonia and Latvia and Finland and Germany...

I don't want Ukrianians to die, but why not supply them and let them keep doing a good job kicking russian ass so we don't have to send our troops to get killed?

Accepting a negotiator's word sidestepping responsibility for hosting failed talks = swallowed hook, line and sinker

Accepting a parties self-admission on further attacking Europe after they just made good on one threat = dismissed as codswallop

Let's continue to send equipment that we don't use and that costs us money to upkeep so it can be used to slay some rashists.

Its like having an old functional car you don't drive. You have to maintain it, wash it, pay for insurance... but when you donate it you get to "claim" the value as the original MSRP. We are giving a lot, but its not as much as it sounds like. The equipment has been bought and paid for, the value to out government was recovered through use, now someone else can use it. There is no downside

I don't disagree but why hasn't this cost offset been presented to us like you have but with concrete numbers attached. I find your answer more tolerable than hearing we just threw away billions on a stupid war.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US

clearly you put more faith in those statements than most of the European countries that they supposedly plan to take over. Maybe there is a reason for that…

For your comments about the negotiations, youre just making things up as you go because you know nothing about the negotiations other than what I’ve posted here. Had I not mentioned the interview you would have never even known it happened.

What you say about the aid we provide is also an oversimplification.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I don't disagree but why hasn't this cost offset been presented to us like you have but with concrete numbers attached. I find your answer more tolerable than hearing we just threw away billions on a stupid war.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Looked for a moment and couldn't find a current value of the supplied equipment, but did find this:

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    In comparison to these troubled flattops
    in addition to the littoral ships the Mil decided to finance that don't work! But they want to scrap the A10.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    clearly you put more faith in those statements than most of the European countries that they supposedly plan to take over. Maybe there is a reason for that…

For your comments about the negotiations, youre just making things up as you go because you know nothing about the negotiations other than what I’ve posted here. Had I not mentioned the interview you would have never even known it happened.

What you say about the aid we provide is also an oversimplification.

Regarding your first point:
    I think it is clear most European countries take russia's threats seriously or they wouldn't be so willing to support Ukriane.

As for your second point:
    Asserting I am making stuff up as is hardly a refutation of my argument. It is a ad hominem fallacy at best. How were talks between russia, where thanks propaganda the war against "nazis" was popular and Ukraine where giving a meter of Ukraine to Russia was almost universally unpopular, had a snowballs chance to succeed? No reasonable person, looking at the facts, regardless of their bias for or against either party in the conflict could come to a conclusion other than the talks were doomed before they began.

Now the third point:
    Let me ask you: What is a model?

A model is a simplification of reality that allows us to think about a subject and how it relates to the world in a meaningful ful way

Just because it is a simplification does not mean it is not useful, it is the simplification that makes it useful.

A supermodel is not reality, yet they present to us a concept of clothing and how we might look wearing them.

A map's usefulness lies not in its reality of the streets, for a maps streets are not real. They are not paved with micro asphalt and concrete roads, but in its representation of them as a concept. That is why maps of the London tube work, they show neither the accurate location of stations (other than very generally) nor the accurate route of the trains, but they do accurately portray the concept of how the stations relate to each other and so are extremely useful as a result of their inaccurate and simplicity.

Earth-wind-fire-water or the plum-pudding or planitary model of the atom are all gross oversimplification, yet each are correct in the aspect they attempt to represent and present the reality of the atoms interaction with the real world in a way that allows the concept to be grasped by the finite minds of men.

That a short paragraph about billions of dollars of military aid is an oversimplification should be a given and takes nothing away from either is accuracy or its usefulness of conveying the facts it contained.
    265e47619e2436967e4139ee97ac1a43.jpg

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    ruzzian finance ministry lies. Analysis using emissions monitored by satellites & AI shows a 6.2% drop in industrial activity YOY vs 1.2% rise claimed by ruzzians.

Shock, surprise!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom