• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    Been a while since I posted (on this thread or another) but I've seen my country turn hard left right down the shitter, Don't even know why in phucq I ever wore Army Green was I Rambo hell no was there times I thought what in hell was I doing......yeah, but by god I still wore the woodland camo that I was issued. Now I have to wonder what damn good did it do as I look around me.
    Don't care to, or have time for patience anymore.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Get back in your foxhole soldier
    Texas SOT

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I dont disagree that the US may find it beneficial to have russia busy and getting beaten up, but the negotiations were not going to happen/get results no matter what the US said or did.

The VAST majority want to fight to regain the occupied areas at all costs. Had negotiations conceded anything it would have been horrifically unpopular among voters and was not going to happen.

It was like going into pawnstars asking for full MSRP on an item... just because a guy as they walk in says its not worth going in there if you want msrp, it doesn't mean that guy sabotaged the deal since it was never going to happen in the first place.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk
    we’ll never know I guess. You’re just justifying actions that were taken for the sole purpose of continuing the war. The right thing to do would have been to not get between two countries who were willing to come to the table to work out their problems, and the let them either reach an agreement or not.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    we’ll never know I guess. You’re just justifying actions that were taken for the sole purpose of continuing the war. The right thing to do would have been to not get between two countries who were willing to come to the table to work out their problems, and the let them either reach an agreement or not.
    As has been said, if Russia takes Ukraine next comes a Nato country and we are obligated. My maternal family comes from Poland or depending on the year, Russia. Just a few men in history responsible for millions of deaths.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    It's been explained to you many times that the assertion of the US interfering in the talks between the 2 sides is complete bullshit. Even referenced the actual words of the Man you cited, falsely, that such a thing occurred to prove the absolute truth.

At this point one has to wonder about you.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    It's been explained to you many times that the assertion of the US interfering in the talks between the 2 sides is complete bullshit. Even referenced the actual words of the Man you cited, falsely, that such a thing occurred to prove the absolute truth.

At this point one has to wonder about you.
    Havoc forgot about that. He remembers now and won't say it again.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Been a while since I posted (on this thread or another) but I've seen my country turn hard left right down the shitter, Don't even know why in phucq I ever wore Army Green was I Rambo hell no was there times I thought what in hell was I doing......yeah, but by god I still wore the woodland camo that I was issued. Now I have to wonder what damn good did it do as I look around me.
    Don't care to, or have time for patience anymore.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Your service helped care for the good people in this nation. It slowed its demise just a little and was worth it for our sake. Service takes a toll. Thank you for your sacrifice.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Let's look at this another way...

Ukraine and russia were never going to come to compromise then and they couldn't now. Too many on both sides want total victory (me included). Ukraine's hard line is wanting russia all the way out, on that they will not (and should not) compromise. russia's hard line is Crimea and the two regions they invaded in 2014, they won't under anything less than military action let those go.

The moderator of the negotiations would probably rather blame the failure of "his" talks on an outside influence rather than say he was helpless to negotiate hopeless compromise.

The USA did not change Ukraine's mind about being uncompromising on regaining all of its territory, Ukraine has said there can be no compromise on that from day one. Maybe the USA encouraged them to stand fast, but the moderator blaming someone other than himself for the failure of negotiations he moderated seems highly biased and highly suspect.

b16185294ca8410024e6d17b21cc926f.jpg

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Lukashenko missing. He was one of the few "leaders" that showed up for putler's May 9 parade; looked like crap, had to use a golf cart to get around.

Did he get a dose of uncle putler's "special tea"? If so, does putler want him out for refusing to send his troops into Ukraine?

If he is replaced by a putler stoogier stooge, will the stoogier stooge order the troops in? Would they obey or kick him TFO now that they see putler is weakened?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Lukashenko missing. He was one of the few "leaders" that showed up for putler's May 9 parade; looked like crap, had to use a golf cart to get around.

Did he get a dose of uncle putler's "special tea"? If so, does putler want him out for refusing to send his troops into Ukraine?

If he is replaced by a putler stoogier stooge, will the stoogier stooge order the troops in? Would they obey or kick him TFO now that they see putler is weakened?

Been reading stuff about that.

Doesnt sound good and the timing is odd...

I wonder how a replacement could be more friendly to russia, ask to be part of russia?

Hope he's not OK.
    b2deb81ba43e69fc6a80e7d30b1a6ba1.jpg

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Even Macron can see which way the wind blows. A year ago he was calling “to save Putin’s face”.

Now, he's all in with Ukraine; from a joint statement after his summit with Zelensky:

"The Presidents of Ukraine and France reiterated their unequivocal condemnation of Russia’s ongoing war of aggression against Ukraine. Ukraine has shown remarkable determination in exercising its inherent right to self-defence against this unprovoked and unjustified attack. Russia must immediately, completely and unconditionally withdraw all its military forces from the territory of Ukraine within its internationally recognized borders." (emphasis mine).

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Even Macron can see which way the wind blows. A year ago he was calling “to save Putin’s face”.

Now, he's all in with Ukraine; from a joint statement after his summit with Zelensky:

"The Presidents of Ukraine and France reiterated their unequivocal condemnation of Russia’s ongoing war of aggression against Ukraine. Ukraine has shown remarkable determination in exercising its inherent right to self-defence against this unprovoked and unjustified attack. Russia must immediately, completely and unconditionally withdraw all its military forces from the territory of Ukraine within its internationally recognized borders." (emphasis mine).

Most politicians are the same.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    As has been said, if Russia takes Ukraine next comes a Nato country and we are obligated. My maternal family comes from Poland or depending on the year, Russia. Just a few men in history responsible for millions of deaths.
    sounds like europes problem to deal with. If they don’t want to, why should I?
    Let's look at this another way...

Ukraine and russia were never going to come to compromise then and they couldn't now. Too many on both sides want total victory (me included). Ukraine's hard line is wanting russia all the way out, on that they will not (and should not) compromise. russia's hard line is Crimea and the two regions they invaded in 2014, they won't under anything less than military action let those go.

The moderator of the negotiations would probably rather blame the failure of "his" talks on an outside influence rather than say he was helpless to negotiate hopeless compromise.

The USA did not change Ukraine's mind about being uncompromising on regaining all of its territory, Ukraine has said there can be no compromise on that from day one. Maybe the USA encouraged them to stand fast, but the moderator blaming someone other than himself for the failure of negotiations he moderated seems highly biased and highly suspect.

b16185294ca8410024e6d17b21cc926f.jpg

Why don’t you stop pretending like he didn’t talk about it at length in an interview? I believe he said he thought he had a 50/50 shot at success, but he never got to see it through. The fact that the U.S. media didn’t want to air footage of an interview that was embarrassing to both our government(which dislikes Israel) and Zelensky seems highly biased and highly suspect. Can you give me a reason why I should trust your opinion over his?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    sounds like europes problem to deal with. If they don’t want to, why should I?

Why don’t you stop pretending like he didn’t talk about it at length in an interview? I believe he said he thought he had a 50/50 shot at success, but he never got to see it through. The fact that the U.S. media didn’t want to air footage of an interview that was embarrassing to both our government(which dislikes Israel) and Zelensky seems highly biased and highly suspect. Can you give me a reason why I should trust your opinion over his?
    So the guy thought he had a 50/50 shot and is surprised he couldn't broker a peace deal?

I don't know if I am more surprised he is surprised or surprised he thought the odds were that good. I'd have given it MAYBE 2-5% chance of success at the very best.

The guy is clearly trying to pass the buck for not getting a deal that was DOA negotiated, its truly ridiculous.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    So the guy thought he had a 50/50 shot and is surprised he couldn't broker a peace deal?

I don't know if I am more surprised he is surprised or surprised he thought the odds were that good. I'd have given it MAYBE 2-5% chance of success at the very best.

The guy is clearly trying to pass the buck for not getting a deal that was DOA negotiated, its truly ridiculous.

Who said anything about him being surprised? You’re quick to believe anything that fits your narrative but you’re stumbling to try to discredit something you know nothing about, all because it doesn’t fit the narrative you want. Like I have said before, just because you want to believe something is true, or false doesn’t make it so.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom