• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Butterfly mines? Both sides have them but who is using them? Their use has been outlawed but the have a strange habit of showing up in places where Russia has been involved like Afghanistan and Syria and now Ukraine. They are showing up in neighborhoods.

The are launched several ways from being tossed out of helos to dropped like a cluster bomb to launched in a missile 20 miles away. All people hear is a semi loud pop as the missile deploys and sometimes the slap of them hitting the ground. Called the kid killer mine cause they look like child's toys. They blow up when disturbed or sometimes on a timer.

Thry contain A small ammount of liquid explosive but have no metal so metal detectors can't find them but also no shrapnel. The explosion won't kill out outright but will sever what ever limb near. Unless you bleed to death. You can "disarm" them by hitting them with a long section of pvc pipe to set them off.

It's a war crime to use them in cities. Or anywhere for that matter.

Ukraine destroyed almost all of theirs but Russia refused to get rid of them.

So who is using them. Each side says the other is responsible but oddly enough as said they show up everywhere Russia is involved in. Russia also prosecute war thru the use of mass artillery strikes mine laying and has a history of purposely going after civilian areas. Basically kill and terrorizing the most people possible, on each side, to win.
    1688319160433.png

1688319257834.png

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Which is worse...criminal surgeons cutting up children with maiming mastectomies and/or penis/testicle removals for idiotic 'trans' bs or those dropping 'butterfly mines"?

I think it a think a toss up...you?

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Zelensky Suspends Elections in Ukraine​

Tucker's full of shit. It's not Zelensky's call. According to the Ukrainian Constitution:

"In the event that the President of Ukraine declares, by proclaiming a decree, a state of martial law or of emergency upon the whole territory of Ukraine in some areas of the State, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine shall assemble within two days without convocation. In the event that the term of authority of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine expires while a state of martial law or of emergency is in effect, its powers are extended until the day when the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine elected after the cancellation of the state of martial law or of emergency convenes its first meeting of the first session."

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

Zelensky Suspends Elections in Ukraine​

This wasn’t Zelensky's call the Ukrainian Constitution prohibits elections while martial law is in effect.

I would suspect it is because dictators in the past have declared martial law to suppress their opponents, then lo and behold the dictator wins.

This law was in effect well before the war started and was addressed a few days ago.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    You're right. You do more than "consider" Putin to be a good guy, you've flat out declared him to be a 'decent person" several times. Which more than makes Angel's point for him.
    <>

Didn’t I say that I had heard that, or read that ?

FYI, I’ve never met Vladimir nor visited Russia.

I have posted several times comments which state that the information coming from the combatant militaries and their captive “media” in a war zone cannot be relied on.

For all we know, Putin may have had very valid reasons for his initial “invasion”.

I have decided to defer to CycleGuy, as he actually went over there for a while.

leVieux

<>

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    <>

<>

You've argued it a couple of times. For someone who's never met "Vladimir" (you're on a first name basis with him?) you spent a lot of keystrokes defending him and suggesting that he's somehow the good guy here.

And no, it will not turn out that he had "valid reasons" for attacking. He has laid out various versions of his reasons. There was the myth of "de-nazifying" Ukraine, the Hitleresque claim of "protecting ethnic Russians in Ukraine" (just like Hitler and the "ethnic Germans" in the Sudatenland), then his fanciful "grater Russia" historical fiction he tried to pass off as a reason Ukraine is supposed to be part of Russia, then his claims of American biolabs that a couple of pro-Russians here keep throwing out, then his claims of "NATO aggression made him invade"...it's all bullshit and every couple of months he comes up with a new variation. And his military keeps pounding civilian targets in civilian neighborhoods while he claims to be the good guy.

Frankly, he's had so many stated reasons for invading that alone should make any thinking person realize he just wants to make Ukraine a vassal state like he did Chechnya, Belarus, and parts of Georgia. Which is the exact reason so many former Soviet territories have clamored for NATO membership - for protection from Putin's expansionist tendencies.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    You've argued it a couple of times. For someone who's never met "Vladimir" (you're on a first name basis with him?) you spent a lot of keystrokes defending him and suggesting that he's somehow the good guy here.

And no, it will not turn out that he had "valid reasons" for attacking. He has laid out various versions of his reasons. There was the myth of "de-nazifying" Ukraine, the Hitleresque claim of "protecting ethnic Russians in Ukraine" (just like Hitler and the "ethnic Germans" in the Sudatenland), then his fanciful "grater Russia" historical fiction he tried to pass off as a reason Ukraine is supposed to be part of Russia, then his claims of American biolabs that a couple of pro-Russians here keep throwing out, then his claims of "NATO aggression made him invade"...it's all bullshit and every couple of months he comes up with a new variation. And his military keeps pounding civilian targets in civilian neighborhoods while he claims to be the good guy.

Frankly, he's had so many stated reasons for invading that alone should make any thinking person realize he just wants to make Ukraine a vassal state like he did Chechnya, Belarus, and parts of Georgia. Which is the exact reason so many former Soviet territories have clamored for NATO membership - for protection from Putin's expansionist tendencies.
    <>

Thank you for your OPINION.

<>

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    <>

I have posted several times comments which state that the information coming from the combatant militaries and their captive “media” in a war zone cannot be relied on.

For all we know, Putin may have had very valid reasons for his initial “invasion”.

I have decided to defer to CycleGuy, as he actually went over there for a while.

leVieux

<>
    “Valid reasons” are all a matter of perspective. Plenty of Muslims around the world were supportive of the 9/11 attacks. Some of our “allies” were not supportive of our decision to invade Iraq.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom