• ...and so much more!
  • jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Mainly watch Newsmax for a more mainstream type news, but there are several youtubers that I get a more unbiased current affairs from. I also watch Blaze TV, but I wouldn't call them exactly unbiased, much more right leaning.
    Newsmax is probably one of the best. Heard that OAN is good but I can only get it on my phone
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:
    Reactions: gll

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    And, if the biases of reporting facts isn’t bad enough, all of the news outlets also get into speculative, biased reporting most of the time as well.

I’m really tired of reading and hearing reports that include ”may“, “might”, “could”, ”can”, ...
    If a frog had a glass ass he would not jump so far. Maybe!

DCD327

US ARMY veteran.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    Pennsyltucky.
    I had blaze, but they went full in libtard imo. I uninstalled their crap this morning.
    Yesterday they posted that murdered Air force girls picture right beside a proven antifas picture. But talking about antifa. Like if people thought a 14 year af veteran was antifa, they wouldn't give a shit about her murder. Because thats straight up what that was. She was unarmed, targeted, and shot in the face by a full mask up security.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    If you think ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN or FOX are better, you are smoking something wackier than me.

I call it OAN because that is what it says in the lower left hand box on my TV "One America News"

View attachment 239750
    There you go once again trying to twist another persons post. Did I say anything about me thinking that those other media outlets are better than OANN (or OAN) - no I did not but yet you question me about that instead of addressing my point that you certainly seem to think a highly biased news agency is unbiased or less biased than others. You see, my post said zero about one being better than another just about whether or not OANN (OAN) was biased or not; yet, as usual and you do this repeatedly in just about every thread where you are contradicted by someone else, you need to twist things to change the subject from what was being addressed to how you want to make it appear so that you seem right no matter what even though you completely changed the context of what was being discussed.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Yesterday, WSJ editorials included the following, which seems to the most accurate description of Wednesday’s events I’ve seem so far.

The Mob on the Hill Was Far From a Coup

The only description that makes sense is a venting of pent-up resentments

“Given all these exclusions, only one description remains: a venting of accumulated resentments. Those who voted for President Trump saw his electoral victory denied in 2016 by numerous loud voices calling for “resistance” as if the president-elect were an invading foreign army. These voices were eagerly relayed and magnified by mass media, emphatically including pro-Trump media.”

The editorial spent several paragraphs detailing why the events weren’t and couldn’t be an insurrection, coup, or other attempt to overthrow government. Probably the only media outlet to have taken that position.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I dont watch much news. Cant trust it and dont want an aneurism or stroke. I also have to resist the urge to throw stuff at TVs. I get my info from a variety of sources.

The only thing that comes close is my frustration when driving thru these maze parking lots telling my wife if I ever meet a parking lot designer I would have a strong urge to retrain him thru oxygen deprivation via neck compression.

CNN better watch it with their enemies list. They already had one incursion or siege at their headquarters this last year.

Just sayin. Wont no mob respect the "great heratige and history" at cnn like they did at the capitol.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I'm getting used to Newsmax and liking it very much.
    Heather Childers is a familiar face from Fox.
    I could sure do without the Tom Selleck and Joe Namath commercials, but the mute and pause buttons shut them up.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    All news outlets are biased. The reporter brings his bias to it as he writes the story, what questions he asks and many other things. The editor adds his bias in how he edits the story, or places the story in the paper or newscast.

All that was taught in the history of the press class I took in college.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Is Newsmax fake news?
    I noticed this morning they had a reporter with an obvious Queen’s English accent commenting as if he’s an expert on American politics - that makes me leery.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Is Newsmax fake news?
    I noticed this morning they had a reporter with an obvious Queen’s English accent commenting as if he’s an expert on American politics - that makes me leery.
    This a joke right?

Or do you really think a persons accent determines if an entire network is credible?

Beam me up Scotty.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I use Breitbart and One America News; both are a bit more commercial than I would like but I can at least trust that they are not hiding the truth or outright lying as opposed to just putting their political bent on things.

I firmly believe that is is almost impossible for the average citizen to be accurately informed on what is actually taking place in the nation. Free speech has been supplanted by censorship, withholding of information, lies, and outright propaganda. This in engaged in by 95% of what passes as media so most folks are SOL if they want the truth. The value of forums like these is that there are members who are die hard truth seekers who will dig into that other 5% and post items of value for the rest of us. Granted, we need to wade through some paranoia and tin foil hat conspiracy issues but I still rely on Calguns and TGT for the truth

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    Democracy became an anachronism when SCOTUS ruled that money is 'speech'. It was already going out of style when the limits on ownership of news outlets were removed.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    @Renegade - no sir, I’m not joking. I’m generally one who tends to take things at face value and I’m realizing that I need to question things more than being gullible.

... If my GPS isn’t working and I get lost driving backroads of west Texas. If I stop for directions, I’ll bypass the guy looking like a city slicker from New York to talk to the guy in bib overalls and a cowboy hat.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Theres no such thing as completely unbiased. Read news from all sides and make up your own mind.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Theres no such thing as completely unbiased. Read news from all sides and make up your own mind.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That is the only reason why I watch the Sunday Morning "News" shows. They give me an idea of what CNN, etc. are telling people what to think that week. And what I need to her looking into for informational ammunition.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom