• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Look at the immediate area. Gas nozzle and hose blocking forward movement, as well as altercation. Body of truck on his left. Blocked by open truck door to rear, and blocked by gas pumps on his right. Where are you going to move to to fire off a round? He's in a very boxed arena in this situation.

Ummm, he could move you know.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Texas does have the legal concept of "Prohibited Weapon(s)", which could be just about anything, including a baseball bat. Be very careful with ANY "weapon" !

leVieux
    FWIW this was in Wisconsin, specifically the Lou Perrine's gas station on 52nd and Sheridan, sometime in the 90's. That bat, as used, was a prohibited weapon. Cops had the opinion of "What weapon? We didn't see a weapon. No idea why your head hurts, or who might have allegedly hurt it." Yeah I guess it's a little good ol' boy policing, but in that instance we all felt it was properly applied.

ETA... If I were in the situation, I would intervene with the intent of deescalation and hope that was possible. From a legal standpoint, you're still protected by the statute that allows you to intervene in cases a reasonable person would believe is a felonious act.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Texas does have the legal concept of "Prohibited Weapon(s)", which could be just about anything, including a baseball bat. Be very careful with ANY "weapon" !

leVieux
    Actually NOT including a baseball bat as a prohibited weapon...clubs, nightsticks, and even brass knuckles are now legal...even the old blackjack and flat sap some of us might have used in the good old days. Texas, in the last 5 years, has gotten downright accommodatin'.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Does anyone here really know what the "right thing to do" is? These type of disputes if they are family disputes are the biggest risk for LEO. The response here is instinctive and may or may not cause you serious shit. We do not have any immunity if we are wrong.

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Actually NOT including a baseball bat as a prohibited weapon...clubs, nightsticks, and even brass knuckles are now legal...even the old blackjack and flat sap some of us might have used in the good old days. Texas, in the last 5 years, has gotten downright accommodatin'.
    I was happy too hear that brass knuckles were legal....

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Does anyone here really know what the "right thing to do" is? These type of disputes if they are family disputes are the biggest risk for LEO. The response here is instinctive and may or may not cause you serious shit. We do not have any immunity if we are wrong.
    I agree your response can be instinctual. I found myself running toward a burning car in stopped traffic a few years ago. I put my car in park and was out in seconds. I don't remember thinking anything. I saw it burst into flame and was just on my way to the car.

I don't know what I would have done in this particular case. But I know I would not have just stood there pumping gas and look the other way.

Top Bottom