• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    As far as I'm concerned, if we absolutely had to have a Texas CHL system instead of constitutional carry, there should be either no state fee, or the fee should be at most $5 or $20 or something. Personally I feel it is wrong to even charge a state fee when in regards to the exercising of a person's civil rights.
    ARJ Defense ad

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    The question I keep asking, but nobody wants to answer, is why should Texans have requirement for us to meet that other states dont have? Is there something wrong with Texans that make it necessary for us to have "extra" requirements?
    The issue here isnt the CHL, it's the requirement that Texas Law Makers have established for us to get one. That's why I call it Elitist! If its wasnt elitist, the requirement would be less or equal to that of other states.
    We should lower our standards??? I find that humorous. The standard is already practically a joke. If you are breathing and are not a felon you qualify.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    We should lower our standards??? I find that humorous. The standard is already practically a joke. If you are breathing and are not a felon you qualify.
    I figured you would have a argument with a little more specifics.
    Once again, those states with " lower standards" have reciprocity with Texas. If their standards are not good enough, then why do they have reciprocity with Texas?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    So your answer would be its ok to require more from a resident to get a license than from someone just " visiting".

My answer is that we have no control over, nor do I care about the parameters that others states set for their CHL system. Since Texas wants Utah to recognize its CHLs, it chooses to recognize Utah's.

I can usually see issues from several angles, but no matter how much I study this I can't see how it can be viewed as "elitist"

Buck Nekkid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    San Antonio
    Does anyone know if there will be a "grandfather" period in the new Utah legislation? My Utah permit just renewed this past fall. Will it no longer be valid if I don't have a Texas CCW? I'm a little confused.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Does anyone know if there will be a "grandfather" period in the new Utah legislation? My Utah permit just renewed this past fall. Will it no longer be valid if I don't have a Texas CCW? I'm a little confused.
    it will still be good until it expires. Utah simply won't issue anymore of them to texans who don't have texas chl. If burnam's bill passes here in texas, you will need to get a texas chl pretty quick.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    What I'd like to see is an amendment to reduce the cost of the license itself, or if they say it costs them that much to process then to extend the length of time the license is good for. AAMOF, why not make it a "lifetime" issue?

Top Bottom