• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will you take the corona virus vaccine?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Or who might have fallen prey to the flu now anyhow (or may well have and it was attributed to Covid)?
    This is taken from a report on excess deaths:
    mm6942e2_ExcessDeathsCOVID19_IMAGE_20Oct20_1200x675-medium.jpg

Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19, by Age and Race and Ethnicity — United States, January 26–October 3, 2020

This report states that there were 299,000 more deaths than were expected from all causes including flu. In past years they have been pretty accurate so what happened this year? What caused the unexpected deaths?

If it was Flu it was an exceptionally vicious Flu.

Prior to this year the number of deaths generally increased by about 2.5% per year.

By early October 2020 it had increases by at least 12% in 2020.
    ARJ Defense ad

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Died because of covid-19, but not for having covid-19. This was true in a life long friend of mine (she was 60) that died from colin cancer, because the doctors didn't want to see her. 2 months after the 1st doctor contact she was able to get in. She had the operation that day, but couldn't save her in time. This really pisses me off!

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Died because of covid-19, but not for having covid-19. This was true in a life long friend of mine (she was 60) that died from colin cancer, because the doctors didn't want to see her. 2 months after the 1st doctor contact she was able to get in. She had the operation that day, but couldn't save her in time. This really pisses me off!
    Something similar happened to my ex mother in law. When she first had symptoms it was early last year and doctors and hospitals weren't taking adequate care of people who didn't have covid. Then when things finally opened up she wouldn't go because she was afraid of getting covid. In August she died from an ulcer that turned cancerous. Towards the end she couldn't eat and couldn't walk but still refused to be checked out.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    This is taken from a report on excess deaths:
    mm6942e2_ExcessDeathsCOVID19_IMAGE_20Oct20_1200x675-medium.jpg

Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19, by Age and Race and Ethnicity — United States, January 26–October 3, 2020

This report states that there were 299,000 more deaths than were expected from all causes including flu. In past years they have been pretty accurate so what happened this year? What caused the unexpected deaths?

If it was Flu it was an exceptionally vicious Flu.

Prior to this year the number of deaths generally increased by about 2.5% per year.

By early October 2020 it had increases by at least 12% in 2020.
    That data is absolutely and completely worthless without a proper statistical analysis. What is the standard deviation for annual deaths in the past 50 years? Are we still inside the one sigma band? And correlation is not causation anyhow.

And these counts include "died with covid" and "probable covid", rather than just death actually caused by covid.

People just throw out stats to back their narrative without any critical thought or scientific analysis. No considering proper analytical methods for what is being examined. No considering the quality of the data set. I am sick and tired of it.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Two possibilities, the vaccine doesn't work or the person vaccinated does not have an immune system capable of responding to the vaccine. Since most people are responding to the vaccine it would appear that we have some immune deficient people. In actuality, in the studies done before vaccine approval although there were 5-6% of people still got covid, there were no deaths from covid in the vaccinated group. Draw your own conclusions.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    I wonder if that is still true. We have had so many people vaccinated already I wonder if all that said no would still say no. Please let's not do another thread. Just my curiosity.

No need for another thread for me.
    NO before

NO now

NO FUCKING WAY EVAH!

I WILL NOT COMPLY.

EVER.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Friend got Covid in Dec 2020. Was on a ventilator over 40 days. Just got home this week and still doing rehab. Not everyone either dies or gets better right away. Many are sick a long time and many will never be normal. It is not just mortality rate.
    Sorry to hear about your friend. Does your friend have any lasting organ damage or are they just debilitated from the coma? Meant to ask the other day but I wrenched my knee. Not spending much time on the computer and just keeping it propped up.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Sorry to hear about your friend. Does your friend have any lasting organ damage or are they just debilitated from the coma? Meant to ask the other day but I wrenched my knee. Not spending much time on the computer and just keeping it propped up.
    I don't know the answer about lasting organ damage. Just being on a respirator for over 40 days is enough to kill most people.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Friend got Covid in Dec 2020. Was on a ventilator over 40 days. Just got home this week and still doing rehab. Not everyone either dies or gets better right away. Many are sick a long time and many will never be normal. It is not just mortality rate.
    I don't know the answer about lasting organ damage. Just being on a respirator for over 40 days is enough to kill most people.

My H.S. friend age 70 was on a ventilator Oct/Nov of 2019, 36 days IIRC. I haven't heard that he has any organ damage, so maybe too early for covid and was something else. But his trachea is so messed up that he still can hardly eat, and his voice is messed up.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    As I understand it, the issues that might land me on a ventilator are inflammation and blood clots due to delayed treatment. Daily aspirin should mitigate the danger of blood clots, and inhalation steroids mitigate inflammation. The two things I monitor are temperature and %Sp02. If ever my temp rises and PO2 drops, I'll immediately start inhalation steroids, and take ivermectin for 2 to 5 days. If my symptoms worsen, hospital.

I won't be taking the vaccine anytime soon, if ever, and yes, I do understand that I am more likely to be infected than if I took a vaccine, no matter their efficacy.

Edit: I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, and I'm not telling anyone else what they should do. I leave that to those pushing vaccines...

Last edited:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    As I understand it, the issues that might land me on a ventilator are inflammation and blood clots due to delayed treatment. Daily aspirin should mitigate the danger of blood clots, and inhalation steroids mitigate inflammation. The two things I monitor are temperature and %Sp02. If ever my temp rises and PO2 drops, I'll immediately start inhalation steroids, and take ivermectin for 2 to 5 days. If my symptoms worsen, hospital.

I keep Budesonide spray and ivomec on hand for this purpose, but have seen no reason to use them, so far. I don't take ivomec prophylactically, as my exposure is very limited.

I won't be taking the vaccine anytime soon, if ever, and yes, I do understand that I am more likely to be infected than if I took a vaccine, no matter their efficacy.
    At least you won't have to worry about worms. Are you a doctor?

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    We got a call from our doctor's office in early January telling my wife and I to come in for the shot. We're senior citizens and our age allowed us to get it early. We got the second shot in late January. I was really surprised when we got the initial call. We walked in, got the shot and had to wait 15 minutes before we could leave. Both my wife and I had sore arms that lasted for several days. That was the only thing that happened with the shots. Now I'm wondering if/when we will need to get a booster shot.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    At least you won't have to worry about worms. Are you a doctor?
    Nope, not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, and didn't tell anyone what they should do.

I'll add that to my previous post...

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Nope, not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, and didn't tell anyone what they should do.

I'll add that to my previous post...
    Just curious, what is your source of information that you believe to be safe enough to bet your life on? Not saying you are wrong but asking what the source is that makes you such a believer.

PaulyBagODonutz

Intelligent Gun Owner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2021
    Hidden in Texas
    sometimes the vaccines arent just about the recipient. sometimes its about the people around them too.

I remember asking my mother when I was a kid, why she had this weird circular scar on her arm.... turns out, it was from the smallpox vaccine adminstered to her when she was younger. smallpox, the illness that killed millions and was nearly iradicated because of a vaccine.

Unless there are hoards of doctors who say, "this vaccine is a bad idea, don't get it." im going to do my research
    But i do think everyone should ask more questions about it, but get their responses from people who are trained and experienced in the sciences of it. Not because someone posted a meme or something on social media saying its bad and they are putting tracking devices in you. some of the same people claiming they want to get back to some form of normality are the same ones who refuse to get the vaccine and base it off theory or unfounded information from people who dont know what they are talking about.

I edited this to change the vaccine scar i thought was polio, but it was the smallpox vaccine and TB scars, not the polio

Last edited:
    Top Bottom