• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will you take the corona virus vaccine?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    sometimes the vaccines arent just about the recipient. sometimes its about the people around them too.

I remember asking my mother when I was a kid, why she had this weird circular scar on her arm.... turns out, it was from the Polio vaccine adminstered to her when she was younger. Polio, the illness that killed millions and was nearly iradicated because of a vaccine.

Unless there are hoards of doctors who say, "this vaccine is a bad idea, don't get it." im going to do my research
    But i do think everyone should ask more questions about it, but get their responses from people who are trained and experienced in the sciences of it. Not because someone posted a meme or something on social media saying its bad and they are putting tracking devices in you. some of the same people claiming they want to get back to some form of normality are the same ones who refuse to get the vaccine and base it off theory or unfounded information from people who dont know what they are talking about.
    Probably smallpox not polio.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Just curious, what is your source of information that you believe to be safe enough to bet your life on? Not saying you are wrong but asking what the source is that makes you such a believer.
    I bet my life every day, in most everything I do. You bet your life on a vaccine, or do you still wear a mask too, so bet your life on a vaccine and a mask?

This from Dr. Chris Martenson, 4 months ago, but it does still mostly reflects my position...

My exposure is very limited, and I will bet my life on that. What I won't bet my life on is a vaccine touted by big pharma in cahoots with a government that I don't trust. It really bothers me that they want me to take this vaccine so much that they would discuss restricting my freedoms if I don't get it. For the greater good, or their good?

Mentioned at the end of the above video, the FLCCC Alliance.

As I've said somewhere else, mRNA vaccines may be the future of all vaccines, it's an interesting technology, but it's not for me, not yet.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Not trying to start a war. Just asking so we know.

MacZC7,

Priscilla, a RN/NP who I have known/trusted for a long spell said that I should take it at age 74, so I did.
    (2nd shot this SAT at NOON here in SATX.)

I volunteer at hospitals, so I'm POSSIBLY at more risk than some folks.

yours, satx

Last edited:

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Probably smallpox not polio.
    Could be from the BCG tuberculosis vaccine, it apparently leaves a scar.

The only polio vaccine I remember getting was the Sabin vaccine on a sugar cube. The only scar I have is from the smallpox vaccine. In 1965, at age 10, on a trip to Mexico, I was reinnoculated, but it didn't take.

Supposedly, the IPV (essentially Salk) vaccine, used exclusively in the U.S. since 2000, doesn't scar.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

The only polio vaccine I remember getting was the Sabin vaccine on a sugar cube. The only scar I have is from the smallpox vaccine. In 1965, at age 10, on a trip to Mexico, I was reinnoculated, but it didn't take.

Supposedly, the IPV (essentially Salk) vaccine, used exclusively in the U.S. since 2000, doesn't scar.

GLL,

In a VERY FEW cases, the old SALK VACCINE of my ELEMENTERY SCHOOL ERA DID scar.

NOTE: In 1954, at 8yo, I was directly exposed to polio & was given 20CC of GAMMA GOBULIN in each butt cheek. = NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT FUN, either.

yours, satx

Last edited:

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Bet this dude wished he coulda gotten the TB vax....
    15CF948D-2228-4D85-A8A5-17AC388F12CD.jpeg

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    I bet my life every day, in most everything I do. You bet your life on a vaccine, or do you still wear a mask too, so bet your life on a vaccine and a mask?

This from Dr. Chris Martenson, 4 months ago, but it does still mostly reflects my position...

My exposure is very limited, and I will bet my life on that. What I won't bet my life on is a vaccine touted by big pharma in cahoots with a government that I don't trust. It really bothers me that they want me to take this vaccine so much that they would discuss restricting my freedoms if I don't get it. For the greater good, or their good?

Mentioned at the end of the above video, the FLCCC Alliance.

As I've said somewhere else, mRNA vaccines may be the future of all vaccines, it's an interesting technology, but it's not for me, not yet.

You need to research a little deeper on mRNA vaccines and how they act. It's not the first jab that gets you but what happens when there is exposure to any coronavirus after. The mechanisms for other mRNA vaccines will most likely be the same, too much secondary reaction.

Last edited:

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX

The smallpox vaccine was administered with abrasion of epithelial cells and resulted in a scar, dependent on the specific bodies reaction to scar development, which was different in each person not the vaccine. The chicken pox also could make a scar.

Polio vaccine was started in the '50 and was an injection w/ later boosters on sugar cubes.

Last edited:

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Bet this dude wished he coulda gotten the TB vax....
    View attachment 251156
    "The BCG vaccine is 70 to 80% effective against the most severe forms of TB, such as TB meningitis in children.

It's less effective in preventing respiratory disease, which is the more common form of TB in adults." It is ineffective for active cases.

What Doc Holliday needed:
    "The most common treatment for active TB is isoniazid INH in combination with three other drugs—rifampin, pyrazinamide and ethambutol."

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    You need to research a little deeper on mRNA vaccines and how they act. It's not the first jab that gets you but what happens when there is exposure to any coronavirus after. The mechanisms for other mRNA vaccines will most likely be the same, too much secondary reactions.
    The mRNA enters cells and attaches to ribosomes in the cytoplasm and codes for cellular production of spike protein, recognized as a foreign protein, it induces B-cell production of antibodies that are protective against the virus.

That's the short of it, nit pick it all you want. The question, is that all that happens long term?

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    The mRNA enters cells and attaches to ribosomes in the cytoplasm and codes for cellular production of spike protein, recognized as a foreign protein, it induces B-cell production of antibodies that are protective against the virus.

That's the short of it, nit pick it all you want. The question, is that all that happens long term?

There is no nit pick to it. When it attaches to the cells there is also no shut off for replication of mRNA particles. There are more reactions than just creating an antibody response, i.e. autoimmune responses, ADE responses. Things happen beyond the simple antibody response.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Just curious, what is your source of information that you believe to be safe enough to bet your life on? Not saying you are wrong but asking what the source is that makes you such a believer.
    I don't know the answer about lasting organ damage. Just being on a respirator for over 40 days is enough to kill most people.
    I saw my cardiologist this morning and got the results of the electrocardiogram I got a few weeks ago. My ejection fraction has dropped from 55% to 48% so I may have some damage. I'm scheduled for a stress test next week.

On the plus side, while I was there I was whining about my knee so he arranged for me to go next door and see an orthopedics guy. He took the fluid out of my knee and injected some depomedrol and marcaine into it. Much better, now the bathroom is just three miles away instead of fifteen.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    That data is absolutely and completely worthless without a proper statistical analysis. What is the standard deviation for annual deaths in the past 50 years? Are we still inside the one sigma band? And correlation is not causation anyhow.

And these counts include "died with covid" and "probable covid", rather than just death actually caused by covid.

People just throw out stats to back their narrative without any critical thought or scientific analysis. No considering proper analytical methods for what is being examined. No considering the quality of the data set. I am sick and tired of it.
    What I posted is a Report and not a study. If you want that information, hunt it down (a Clue : check the links in the report). On second thought, don't. You'll just come back with some BS claim like you did with the study that they had contradicted themselves.

Top Bottom