Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    From Constable Rowdy Hayden Montgomery County,TX
    ·
    You no longer have to conceal your "holstered" firearm while in your vehicle provided you have a license. If you do NOT have a license, you will still be required to keep your handgun concealed.

Attached is a picture he posted on the Constables Facebook page clearly explaining the intent of his statement.
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• 12366254_805711086201286_2669735242428633054_n.jpg
      12366254_805711086201286_2669735242428633054_n.jpg
      17.2 KB · Views: 665

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Nothing showing on my Android
    I'll log on with the laptop and check

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Hmmm...I'm on iPhone tap-a-talk as well....still no pic...but I'm not a tech savvy guy ...soooo who knows...LOL !

Sent from the dark side of the moon using Tapatalk

I embedded OPs pic into my post above, do you see that?

KiloKilo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2013
    I embedded OPs pic into my post above, do you see that?

No sir....just a gray box with a silhouette of the sun (or moon) over a mountain peak and a jagged black line thru it.....

Sent from the dark side of the moon using Tapatalk

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Attached is a picture he posted on the Constables Facebook page clearly explaining the intent of his statement.

Just to clarify, does the photo represent the concealed or non-concealed example? I am assuming vehicle concealed without a license means totally out of sight like in the glove box or under the seat, but want to be sure.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Just to clarify, does the photo represent the concealed or non-concealed example? I am assuming vehicle concealed without a license means totally out of sight like in the glove box or under the seat, but want to be sure.

The picture is a holstered pistol wedged between the passenger seat and center console/shifter, plainly visible.

For the folks that can't see it - I've had pictures fail to load before if my connection goes to shit. Might be your problem, might not be. I can see it fine on my laptop or tapatalk though.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    One constables interpretation does not necessarily apply state wide, or even to every department in Montgomery county.

Nor will it carry much weight in your local court.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    The picture loaded fine for me.

To leave it open while in your vehicle like that - won't it require constant holstering /unholstering every time you get in and out of the vehicle? Once you leave the vehicle, it's illegal to have your pistol in plain sight, if we go by this interpretation.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX

Concealed if you do not have a CHL. Open carry is legal after Jan 1 2016. This setup will be legal if you have a CHL.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    One constables interpretation does not necessarily apply state wide, or even to every department in Montgomery county.

Nor will it carry much weight in your local court.

Sent from my HAL 9000

I think they got an opinion from the Texas Attorney generals office.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Concealed if you do not have a CHL. Open carry is legal after Jan 1 2016. This setup will be legal if you have a CHL.

According to ONE constable. His opinion does not apply across the state as pictured.

No one with statewide authority has made any clarification on off body open vehicle carry.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think they got an opinion from the Texas Attorney generals office.

Link?

If so I will retract all previous statements and be happy about it. I saw nothing regarding the AG opinion from the posted FB statement or any release from the AGs office.

Sent from my HAL 9000

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX

To leave it open while in your vehicle like that - won't it require constant holstering /unholstering every time you get in and out of the vehicle? Once you leave the vehicle, it's illegal to have your pistol in plain sight, if we go by this interpretation.

Would rather holster/reholster upon entering/exiting than try to draw from my right side with a seat belt on. Pretty difficult.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

I am unable to make out the holster type, but when I remove my gun from my hip, it stays in the holster. Too easy to have an AD if one is constantly moving to and from the holster, especially seated in a vehicle.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    I disagree. IMHO, it must be worn on your belt in your vehicle to not be concealed. Of course IANAL. And from everything I've tried to read so far, the AG has not issued any opinions yet.

Top Bottom