• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian Boru

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2014
    Texas
    The panel consists of Rep. Allen Fletcher, C.J Grisham, Dr. David Daniel, Sen. Jose Manendez, and SAPD Chief of Police Anthony Trevino.

ARJ Defense ad

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    majormadmax,

The MAIN thing was TX Senator Jose Melendez ("Leftist DIMocRAT" extremist from San Antonio) spewing his patented, IRRATIONAL pack of leftist lies & the rest of "the panel of experts" NOT calling him on his hysterical LIES & FOOLISHNESS.

EVERY time that such a meeting is held, the vast majority of panelists sit supinely while we Texans who own/carry firearms are slandered.
    (TRUST ME, if I was selected to speak, the LEFTIST lies wouldn't go unremarked on. = POLITENESS in the face of KNOWING DISHONESTY is vastly over-rated.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Awesome. We had once considered the SA area to move our family to but after gathering so much information from other TGT members our decision to halt any thoughts of doing so was easy to do. God Bless the minions that cower and keep their mouths shut.

ETA: Weird to see a LE without a shaved head.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    TX69,

Come to The Alamo City to live AND help those of us, who aren't "vacant between the ears" as Melendez demonstrably IS, vote ALL of the leftist morons out of office.
    (Just think how great that TEXAS & San Antonio would be IF all of the LYING, leftist, "DIMocRATS" were GONE from every "position of public trust" throughout TEXAS & the USA.)

yours, satx

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Nothing wrong with the San Antonio area. It is still a fun, family-friendly place to live.

There has been an increase in blue voters thanks to our previous mayor and Obama; but for the most part the city remains conservative and politically a helluva lot better than Austin or Houston!

But the bastion of Texas independence will not given in as easily as some may think!

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Far less libtards here than Austin, Dallas, and Houston. Right next to the hill country, NW SA on the outskirts is ideal if you want a taste of the city and hundreds of miles of country the other way.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    I'm watching it. I'll summarize it later.

At the 5:00 min mark, SA police chief Anthony Trevino raises hand that he doesn't believe that "gun-free zones" are more likely to be a target of a mass shooting.

He's out as a potential candidate for chief in my book. Just another political puppet.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's the first thing from Trevino that I've disagreed with, and to be honest I don't expect to agree with everything the man says. He is still by far an excellent choice for the chief's job; a lot more than some of the other candidates and a helluva lot more experienced in law enforcement than our current sheriff!

And if you don't believe being a police chief is a political job, then you're vastly unaware of the duties and responsibilities of the position!

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    He is still by far an excellent choice for the chief's job.

Almost finished the video and he is clearly about as bad as Acevedo in terms of supporting gun rights. He's spouted off no less than 5 times about how the 5 hours of CHL training is not enough, carrying guns doesn't make the campus or people safer, "it creates more problems than it solves"(direct quote).

I know what the job as chief entails, and to be honest I didn't expect him to come out cheerleading for this law, but the chief makes no attempt to even hide the fact that he is an anti-gun ass wipe.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    The MAIN thing was TX Senator Jose Melendez ("Leftist DIMocRAT" extremist from San Antonio) spewing his patented, IRRATIONAL pack of leftist lies & the rest of "the panel of experts" NOT calling him on his hysterical LIES & FOOLISHNESS.

Actually, that about hit it on the head. Senator Melendez spent the whole time arguing against the bill, which has already passed and is now law, instead of reasonably trying to help determine how universities should implement it.

Typical uniformed questions from the audience which smacked of the mid-90s when all this was being debated the first time. A Moms Demand Action appearance. Some libtard and well meaning gun owner questions or shall I say statements. An Austin assistant police chief sighting, once again affirming APD's opposition, as well as the SAPD chief who really offered nothing to the conversation other than the same old police concerns and further assurances that he is not right for the job in SA.

The chief and Senator's erroneous comments I believe were pretty much refuted by Rep. Fletcher and love him or hate him, C.J. Grisham, who did well and was pretty controlled in this environment. I thought he represented the CHL holder's perspective pretty well and gave some good responses to all the misinformation.

Nothing was really covered to further an understanding about what the universities will do because the university spokesman was being pretty tight lipped about their plans. I thought it was good that Rep. Fletcher made it clear that the legislator will review the decisions that are made by the universities and they will attempt to prohibit unnecessary tuition spikes for "added security" or whatever universities will try to claim.

Interesting, but not really worth watching.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To ALL,

As far as I'm concerned, TREVINO "the cheap politician" & NITWIT is UNFIT, by reason of failure to support gun-owners/CHL holder's RIGHTS, to ever BE the Chief of Police in SA or anywhere else. = The Austin PD's DUMB-BUNNY, Acevedo, really seems NO farther to the MORON Left.

just my OPINION, satx

Brian Boru

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2014
    Texas
    Almost finished the video and he is clearly about as bad as Acevedo in terms of supporting gun rights. He's spouted off no less than 5 times about how the 5 hours of CHL training is not enough, carrying guns doesn't make the campus or people safer, "it creates more problems than it solves"(direct quote).

I know what the job as chief entails, and to be honest I didn't expect him to come out cheerleading for this law, but the chief makes no attempt to even hide the fact that he is an anti-gun ass wipe.
    Yeah, he's terrible. Wanting to require more hours of training is such a step backwards. A lot of police chiefs seem to be anti gun, more sheriffs were in favor of open carry and campus carry at the hearings.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Judging by the audience size, not many citizens gave a shit.
    Just another media sponsored exercise to give politician's and wannabes an opportunity for face time on TV.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    karlac,

According to our local NPR-affiliated radio station, the audience was "limited & pre-selected" to assure that NOBODY would ask the panel's "experts" HARD or "embarrassing" questions & numerous gun-owners (and in particular, CHL holders) were "de-selected" to attend. = SAME OLD, SAME OLD.

yours, satx

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    karlac,

According to our local NPR-affiliated radio station, the audience was "limited & pre-selected" to assure that NOBODY would ask the 'experts" HARD or "embarrassing" questions & numerous gun-owners (and in particular, CHL holders) were "de-selected" to attend. = SAME OLD, SAME OLD.

yours, satx
    good ol case of "stacking the deck" Bigun....

Top Bottom