• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian Boru

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2014
    Texas
    karlac,

According to our local NPR-affiliated radio station, the audience was "limited & pre-selected" to assure that NOBODY would ask the panel's "experts" HARD or "embarrassing" questions & numerous gun-owners (and in particular, CHL holders) were "de-selected" to attend. = SAME OLD, SAME OLD.

yours, satx

What are the odds they would select a woman with a Gunsense shirt, right? Well the did, lol. But one guy with an OCT patch in the audience was selected too.

If I recall correctly he was the one who asked if he could sue if a family member was killed in a no gun zone. Interesting counter question to the anti gun fearmongering.
    Hurley's Gold

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    I kind of got the feeling that most universities will try to prohibit guns in student housing and dormitories, or they will have very strict rules about locking weapons up or even have a place to check in weapons to be stored, like on base. This wouldn't affect most CHL holders though, as they will probably just live off campus if this were the case. I'm more concerned with the 18-20 year olds who would like to have guns in their apartments for home defense, I don't think this new law addressed that.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    JohnnyLoco,

When I lived in a dorm LONG, LONG ago, most all of the guys & a goodly percentage of coeds HAD firearms in their rooms, as we HUNTED/FISHED constantly.

In the little town where our university was, there was !@#$% little to do but "chase GRRLS" (One let me chase her till she caught ME.), study, go boating/waterskiing, hunt, fish, camp & get plastered on "white likker".

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Brian Boru,

My GUESS is that the "selectors" were unfamiliar with Gunsense or OCT but that's just my SWAG.

yours, satx

Top Bottom