• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Yup. And of multiple sitting or recent Democrat government officials and hopefuls at the state and federal level stating objectives to forcible prevent Americans from exercising their Constitutional rights.
    I feel a great disturbance in the Force.

(on a more personal note I can only imagine how things like this must ruffle your <and others who served> feathers)
    Gun Zone Deals

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

(on a more personal note I can only imagine how things like this must ruffle your <and others who served> feathers)

Most of those who BTDT, and survived, will not take lightly their obligation to the ones who did not.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Some have made the point I perceive most relevant. This extended attack to 'fundamentally change' America is not about values, differences of opinion or evolving social conscience. This is about control, control=power.

Where I hold hope is the scene we see play out on media and social networks is not reflective of the majority. The vocal coastal fringe is amplified by those mediums. More to the point those outside the 'bubble' (us) are grossly underestimated.

I do perceive the events playing out in Virginia are intended as a test bed though its my opinion it will not deliver the results they expect. Best case it serves as an epiphany to overcome the complacency that has allowed us to reach this precipice.

Failure to act in the face of such overwhelming evidence can only reflect our commitment to the freedoms we purport to espouse. This is not a call to arms but a poignant rejection of this course and goal.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

The only thing I take more seriously than my wedding vows is my oath. Note that both of those sets of promises are lifelong and executed with the help of God.

I fully believe there are heretics of the oath (and by extension the Constitution) that are members of governments at all levels in America. Though they may be zealous in their beliefs, I have put on the full armor.

Let them come.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    3%.jpg

It is all it takes...

Attachments

• 3%.jpg
      3%.jpg
      13 KB · Views: 414

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    The purpose of the 2A was protection from tyrannical government. Virginia may be the testing ground of that part of the bill of rights. Making citizens deputy's is not the answer. We don't have to be LEO to have our rights.

You’re right.

But I think it reinforces the fact that not all government entities will tow the state’s line, which can embolden patriots to stand up to tyranny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I've been following what has been happening in Virginia for awhile now. Some believe that Virginia will be where a second civil war begins, and they may just be right. I am certainly not advocating a war, but if that is what is needed to keep the constitution intact, so be it.

Remember, if the 2nd Amendment goes, the others will soon follow.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Yes, but you don't want them to live under tyranny either, I would think.

They won't if I can help it. And I'm sure there are a lot of old farts that feel the same way. Wonder what would happen if the governor sent in a company of the NG to a town to enforce HIS laws. That's abt 200+/- if they haven't changed company size. They are met at the courthouse by several thousand armed citizens and on the road in they noticed every window, doorway, and alley had armed people watching. Sure they could kill a lot of people but it would be suicide. None of them would survive.

Just musing.

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    They won't if I can help it. And I'm sure there are a lot of old farts that feel the same way. Wonder what would happen if the governor sent in a company of the NG to a town to enforce HIS laws. That's abt 200+/- if they haven't changed company size. They are met at the courthouse by several thousand armed citizens and on the road in they noticed every window, doorway, and alley had armed people watching. Sure they could kill a lot of people but it would be suicide. None of them would survive.

Just musing.
    Keep in mind that those Armed Citizens standing in the windows, doorways and alleys are brothers of those guardsmen.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

Just musing.
    That's assuming there were 200+ when they got there.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Keep in mind that those Armed Citizens standing in the windows, doorways and alleys are brothers of those guardsmen.

The Virginia Department of Military Affairs is authorized ~8900 billets combined for the NG and ANG; the state has a population of 8.5 million. Less than 1% of the state actively serves in the Guard.

If it came down to it, there may be some emotional decisions made.

Top Bottom