Walmart Ammo Report

XDMAR

Aug 15, 2008
Clear Lake
I went to both of the Great Walmarts of China in Pasadena. The one on Southmore was almost out of most homeland defense rifle calibers, the one on Fairmont was out. Pistol rounds were also scarce.

Eastex

Oct 4, 2008
Rusk County
Just one store here in Henderson, but 9mm and .45acp very low. Still a fair amount of hunting ammo. I bought another four boxes of 30-06. Biggest problem is not having a salesman in the sporting goods dept. to sell me the stuff!

PopsXD9sc

Nov 16, 2008
Longview
Rifle ammo very low and pistol ammo non existent at Longview Wally Worlds; at least in 9mm. Two stores have plenty of 40 and a box or two of .45; sold my .40 and looking for a .45 Maybe I will be back to shooting soon.

DirtyD

Well-Known
Sep 20, 2008
Spring
Word I got from my local wally-world is that they dont even know when they will be re-supplied, apparently the warehouse is empty as well....

lonewolf23c

Oct 2, 2008
Idaho
Here in Idaho, we are having the same problems, but not just at Walmart. I shop at Cabelas mostly and they've been out of the cheaper .45acp and very low on .40S&W for the past 3 weeks now. Kind of hampers my weekend plinking excursions as I haven't yet got the equipment for reloading.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
Feb 29, 2008
DFW area.....Wylie.
I went to Sports Authority to buy some .45acp WWB 100 round boxes. They were about $7 higher per box than Walmart....for the exact same stuff. I asked them to match Walmarts price of $29.88, they called Walmart to confirm the price and gave it to me.

If a store will price match, use that to your advantage. The overpriced stores still have ammo, and most will match the price of Walmart after they call to confirm it. I bought 4 boxes, I saved $30 with tax and it was more convenient. Plus, Sports Authority had 8 boxes in stock and I feel lucky if Walmart has 3 100 round boxes.

Okay, I told you my frugal ammo secret.............

jfrey

Apr 8, 2008
Coastal Texas
I can't get any CCI 300 primers or Unique powder here locally. My friend went to Houston yesterday and finally found some primers in El Campo. My wife found some powder on the net at a place in Maine. Shipping and all told was cheaper than you can get it in the stores here. My friend bought the last Federal 210 primers they had. He was told it might be 2 years before they got any more due to all of them being bought up by the govt. Hopefully, things will lighten up in a month or so.

Top Bottom