• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    I used to shop for groceries and other things at Walmart. But contrary to popular belief, they are NOT the cheapest place to shop. They have a few low-priced items to get you into the store, and they sell a lot of cheap crap, but you can shop elsewhere just as cheaply or cheaper than Walmart. Walmart is way over-rated.

Last edited:

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I used to shop for groceries and other things at Walmart. But contrary to popular belief, they are NOT the cheapest place to shop. They have a few low-priced items to get you into the store, and they sell a lot of cheap crap, but you can shop elsewhere just as cheaply or cheaper than Walmart. Walmart is way over-rated.
    And honestly their quality is the worst.

Old_Inspector

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Spring, Texas
    I have purchased some ammo from Wal-Mart, but not very often; usually only a couple of boxes when I forgot to stock up before going to the range or plinking. Academy is my first choice for local ammo. Wally-World's prices are usually excessive and selection very limited. Their prices on firearms are a joke, a bad one at that. As for Open Carry, I don't; I'm not a fan of "shoot-me-first" (why advertise to the bad guys who is armed?), but that's a personal choice. The value of open carry for me is to make most accident displays of a concealed weapon no longer a violation of my LTC. I can usually find gun deals online or at local gun stores. Either way, I can have guns purchased online shipped to a local FFL. Ammo is usually cheaper with more selection online.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

MIDWAY at least sometimes is really CHEAP on ammo & sometimes has "free shipping" on "over minimum sales amounts".

yours, satx

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I just checked at Target Sports and they do not charge tax on sales to Texas.

Sorry, not trying to beat a dead horse, just would like to clarify :deadhorse:

"Checked" as in called and talked to someone, placed an order or mocked up an order on their website up until payment screen?

If you actually placed an order, then that's that at least for now.

If called, then was the girl I talked to wrong about the 10/1 start date?

or did you put together an order but not actually place it online, I get the same result, though someone here (sorry I can't recall) told me they were charged tax after placing the order and not seeing it on the "place/review order" screen.

ETA-Just figured I would back up my call with something written.

Hello,
    Thank you for your email. We will be colleting taxes for Texas on 10/01/2019, if you would like more information please click on the link below. Have a great day!
    https://www.avalara.com/us/en/learn/nexus/find_your_nexus.html

Thank you,

Yashti Singh
    Customer Advocacy Team Member

Last edited:

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Sorry, not trying to beat a dead horse, just would like to clarify :deadhorse:

"Checked" as in called and talked to someone, placed an order or mocked up an order on their website up until payment screen?

If you actually placed an order, then that's that at least for now.

If called, then was the girl I talked to wrong about the 10/1 start date?

or did you put together an order but not actually place it online, I get the same result, though someone here (sorry I can't recall) told me they were charged tax after placing the order and not seeing it on the "place/review order" screen.

ETA-Just figured I would back up my call with something written.

I just mocked up an order on their website up until payment screen. And it showed no tax.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I haven't been through this whole thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned.

upload_2019-9-13_21-40-0.png

https://www.recoilweb.com/why-hornady-stopped-selling-ammunition-to-walmart-12-years-ago-152737.html

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-13_21-40-0.png
      upload_2019-9-13_21-40-0.png
      5.8 KB · Views: 377

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    I support peoples rights to carry firearms, where ever and however they like.

On the other hand, I also support individual businesses rights to say 'you can't do x here,' whatever x they want to refer to.

If walmart posted 30.06 AND said no open carry, I'd be a lot more vitriolic in my criticism of them. As it is, though, as long as concealed carry is allowed (not that I would let a 30.06 sign stop me) I don't have a real problem with it.

Their real estate, their rules. If they get stupid and try to ban everything, then I'd be done with them.
    Let consider it from their point of view:
    Now, ammo is selling for historically low prices (especially handgun ammo) so the margin on it is low. So, not having it basically is a win IFF Walmart can put higher return items in that area of the store and people do not stop going to Walmart based on "principal"

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Another idiot who erroneously assumes constitutional carry is a thing in this state meaning anyone could just carry openly, and only for concealed carry a license is required. Amongst other silliness.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don’t think I could disagree with this jack wagon any more than I do.

And what does he mean by saying “real cop” vs just saying “cop” anyways? He does it more than once.

OMG this *******.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/think/amp/ncna1054396

What a friggin idiot.

Firstly, open carry isn’t constitutional carry. It was tough to read past that part but I persevered.

Secondly, “if you don’t need it all the time, you don’t need it at all” is about the most ignorant thing I’ve ever heard in my life. By that logic we should get rid of fire extinguishers, and fire departments for that matter. As well as air bags in cars, and probably law enforcements all together. Because you don’t need them all the time. Just plain stupid.

He also applies a lot of characteristics to those who carry which I don’t typically see.

Then on to forcing people to think about his gun. Because someone else’s illogical fear should be everyone’s primary concern I guess.

One of the dumbest articles I’ve read in a long time. Farking moron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Stopped by one our WMs a few minutes ago to see what they had. Still quite a bit of 5.56 and 7.62x39, most of the pistol ammo was 9mm FMJ. Some self defense ammo but was mostly Remington so I passed. An associate walked by and made sure to tell me that’s all the pistol ammo and they weren’t going to sell more.

Nothing worth buying I can’t get online cheaper.

Reactions: JCC

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Well apparently the seeds of this shit were sewn a long time ago...
    https://corporate.walmart.com/policies
    "Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety. "

The Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership was created way back in 2008: http://everytown.org/documents/2015/07/maig_rfrp_release.pdf/
    ...and check out this gem.
    "2. Computerized Crime Gun Trace Log and Alert System. Mayors Against Illegal Guns will develop a computerized system that participating retailers will implement over time to log crime gun traces relating to the retailer. Once the program is in place, if a customer who has a prior trace at that retailer attempts to purchase a firearm, the sale will be electronically flagged."

Now why would Walmart have collaborated with a Bloomberg anti-2A organization, and is that database they are talking about even legal?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    is that database they are talking about even legal?
    Sure. There are lots of databases that are illegal for the federal government to maintain so they just let private industry do it and pay them for access.

For the most part, it's illegal for the feds to put together anything that looks like, for example, Accurint. But Accurint makes a great deal of money selling their data to the feds.

Top Bottom