• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I’m quite sure that my tax dollars are funding what I think is ACTUAL evil (supporting planned parenthood clinics that are aborting babies). I COULD and maybe should put my money where my mouth is, by refusing to pay taxes until our government stops doing evil with my hard earned dollars. But I won’t.

We can make a case on either side for which actions are virtuous and which are not.

If I think about stuff like this too much I’ll be consumed. The right action for me isn’t to be given by someone else. I’ve got to weigh each decision myself and do things as correctly as I can. It ain’t easy, and if you start thinking analytically about each little thing, it’s very draining.
    Hurley's Gold

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Of course there is. It is well defined and often illegal. It is a common tactic many big corps use to attack competitors, especially smaller ones.

Irony was when American Airlines tried it against SWA and nearly put themselves out of business.

And then there is New London Case.....
    Would another example be price gouging during hurricanes and other such times when the populous is vulnerable?

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I haven't read through this entire thread so I don't know if this has been posted. This is straight from "Walmart Policies and Guidelines"

"Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety."

https://corporate.walmart.com/policies

Reactions: gll

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Would another example be price gouging during hurricanes and other such times when the populous is vulnerable?

I view that as capitalism.

There are laws against it, but supply and demand isn’t inherently predatory. There are just times when we find it morally questionable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I view that as capitalism.

There are laws against it, but supply and demand isn’t inherently predatory. There are just times when we find it morally questionable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for giving your two cents on that.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

No, as that is not a strategy to run off your competitors. I am speaking strictly of competitive business practices.

Price gouging can generally be put into one of two categories - maximizing profit and protecting supply. We all know what maximizing profit looks like - $12 gallon for gasoline. But protecting supply is important, as it prevents hoarding and makes sure the product is available for those that truly need it.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Cheeky. I like it!

Screenshot_20190909-085330.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190909-085330.png
      Screenshot_20190909-085330.png
      117.9 KB · Views: 284

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Just bought a Marlin 1894 45 colt lever action from someone this weekend. Was going to go to Walmart but then spoke to someone local (Corsicana) and they told me to go across the street to Atwoods Ranch and Home store. I did. Picked up some 45 Colt ammo and a nice rifle case for the rifle and thanked them for not following in Walmart and others footsteps. The staff had a laugh about it and said did you hear what he said? I guess they had some extra traffic there that day at least as others were there also.

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    In looking for alternatives to Walmart, I’ve been taking some of the suggestions here about where to look online for my 9mm.

It did seem to take a bit of a learning curve. I spent a good chunk of precious time trying to figure out the best deal on what I wanted without losing money to shipping.

I almost settled on an unknown to me ammo maker “Fenix” with a discount code from one of my favorite YouTube podcasts. That would have put me at .19 cents a round shipped I think, for a 1000 round supply, which I really don’t want to buy this month, but it’s possible, budget wise.

Then I looked again at Academy and I think the “bulk ammo” section has 9mm Winchester white box 200 rounds for either 19 or 19.5 cents. May just go with that for now.

This searching to find a good deal is hard. Maybe I’ll find it a challenging endeavor that’s fun in the near future.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Just a heads up...According to a member here, TS is charging sales tax, I wasn't personally able to verify that, but I just called them and was told they will begin collecting for Texas on Oct 1st. Perhaps they began a little early.

Thanks for letting me, I was unaware of that.

Top Bottom