• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    I was in Lowes today for a few items and they wanted to scan the back of my drivers license to get a military discount. My Lowes card has already verified my veterans status. I told them the few cents discount wasn't worth scanning my license and I would shop at Home Depot next time.
    You have a myLowes card that has a barcode on the back? They scan my card at checkout or I scan on self service. Never been a problem but who knows...

Lowe.JPG
    Guns International

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    You have a myLowes card that has a barcode on the back? They scan my card at checkout or I scan on self service. Never been a problem but who knows...

View attachment 417750
    Never been a problem in the past or I wouldn't have been there today. Lowes is twice the distance from my home than Home Depot. I would have saved as much in gas as the lowes discount would have been.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If you have a my lowes account and the app and have your military discount you'll want to know this.
    I was there this morning needing to get the cage unlocked to get a tool.
    Girl with pink hair showed up and got the tool out and started in about did I want to build rewards for purchases. She was saying to get signed up for this program and all purchases would build rewards and coupons
    I ask her in plain Fing English would this screw with the MyLowes account and my military discount and she said no

Well..it did..
    Ruined my whole morning..spent over an hr at the store trying to undo it and it can't be undone
    She tricked me into converting my (do it yourself) DYI My Lowes into a contractor account

Which wipes out your military discount

Figured it out when I got to the register
    Well of course she took off and was never seen again
    I had the store manager, head cashier, and some dude named Dennis on the line from customer service
    Spent well over an hour and it can't be put back.
    So I have to re-register for a new my Lowes account under a new email address and then attach my military discount to the new account

The tool I went in for was a Dewalt 20v cordless ratchet for $179 (bare tool)
    I left it sitting there

Drove home ..seeing red..looked at the Home Depot ap and they had one $20 higher than lowes..so F then gay parade sobs also.
    Found the exact one on Amazon for $154
    Coming tomorrow

Now I called the store manager on my way home and lit into him real good

I told him I figured his pink hair tool girl must have been getting some kind of bonus for signing up contractor accounts and I hope they were both real happy about ruining my account and wasting my time

It's really my fault...every time and I mean EVERY time I get talked into some offer from a store associate it always turns out to be a bad deal not a good one

This is how American retail is..big box bonanza...so they both lost and Amazon won because they just sold me something without screwing me over in the process

Next time..if I ever go into a store again for something...next time an employee comes up with some great deal I'm gonna have a hard time smiling and just say no.
    Because I'm gonna want to throw hands after this morning
    I have found that whenever someone comes up to me unsolicited to try to sell me something/ get me to sign up for something if I answer every question they ask with “ why don’t you go fück yourself with a cactus” they go away and leave me alone.

Give it a try.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have found that whenever someone comes up to me unsolicited to try to sell me something/ get me to sign up for something if I answer every question they ask with “ why don’t you go fück yourself with a cactus” they go away and leave me alone.

Give it a try.
    That seems like a good way of saving yourself some hassle
    Nobody ever approaches me with something they want to show me that ends up being a benefit

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Never been a problem in the past or I wouldn't have been there today. Lowes is twice the distance from my home than Home Depot. I would have saved as much in gas as the lowes discount would have been.
    They can use your phone number at the register for your discount but sometimes will need to verify that it's you with an ID
    The My Lowes card is another way and the ap on your phone let's you produce a bar code that is scanned at checkout that verifies its you as well.
    This is the method I use

Works at self checkout also
    Painless and the app let's you pull up your purchase history among other things

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I was in Lowes today for a few items and they wanted to scan the back of my drivers license to get a military discount. My Lowes card has already verified my veterans status. I told them the few cents discount wasn't worth scanning my license and I would shop at Home Depot next time.
    Are you saying the back of your drivers license has your veterans status ?

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas

Give it a try.
    Those folks are just trying to do their job and don't deserve a vile response like that. I just usually say, "No thank you" then walk away.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If you have a my lowes account and the app and have your military discount you'll want to know this.
    I was there this morning needing to get the cage unlocked to get a tool.
    Girl with pink hair showed up and got the tool out and started in about did I want to build rewards for purchases. She was saying to get signed up for this program and all purchases would build rewards and coupons
    I ask her in plain Fing English would this screw with the MyLowes account and my military discount and she said no

Well..it did..
    Ruined my whole morning..spent over an hr at the store trying to undo it and it can't be undone
    She tricked me into converting my (do it yourself) DYI My Lowes into a contractor account

Which wipes out your military discount

Figured it out when I got to the register
    Well of course she took off and was never seen again
    I had the store manager, head cashier, and some dude named Dennis on the line from customer service
    Spent well over an hour and it can't be put back.
    So I have to re-register for a new my Lowes account under a new email address and then attach my military discount to the new account

The tool I went in for was a Dewalt 20v cordless ratchet for $179 (bare tool)
    I left it sitting there

Drove home ..seeing red..looked at the Home Depot ap and they had one $20 higher than lowes..so F then gay parade sobs also.
    Found the exact one on Amazon for $154
    Coming tomorrow

Now I called the store manager on my way home and lit into him real good

I told him I figured his pink hair tool girl must have been getting some kind of bonus for signing up contractor accounts and I hope they were both real happy about ruining my account and wasting my time

It's really my fault...every time and I mean EVERY time I get talked into some offer from a store associate it always turns out to be a bad deal not a good one

This is how American retail is..big box bonanza...so they both lost and Amazon won because they just sold me something without screwing me over in the process

Next time..if I ever go into a store again for something...next time an employee comes up with some great deal I'm gonna have a hard time smiling and just say no.
    Because I'm gonna want to throw hands after this morning
    I ALWAYS DECLINE ANY OF THOSE SPECIAL DEALS

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom