• ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at Truth about Guns blog;

As gun-ban advocates (and even some pro-gun voices) gloat over the announcement of National Rifle Association Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre’s resignation, they’re leaving out some important facts. Despite some of NRA’s more recent challenges and criticisms, what they aren’t telling you is that the NRA, under LaPierre’s leadership, has outfoxed them at nearly every turn over the past three decades, leaving those anti-gun groups with very few accomplishments when compared to the sound beatings they’ve repeatedly taken in the political arena.

The author cites a few examples;
    • Concealed carry state laws went from may- to shall-issue
    • Constitutional carry > half the states
    • Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act 2005 (PLCAA) making it illegal to sue gun makers for criminal misuse of guns
    • Federal Assault Weapons Ban law had sunset provision and expired in 2004
    Yes, there could have been more and BIGGER WINS at federal and state level. NRA 2.0 elections can make it better. And the NRA will have excellent company with a number of significant 2A advocates who are winning in the courts and state houses.
    Texas SOT

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    It will take 10 years and the right people to fix the NRA my feeling is it will just fade away. They had a great run until Perrywinkle went overboard on his ego.
    They will stay although they got a lot of work to regain the trust of many families who pulled away. They need to come back to going full force on youth training like they did before.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    They need to come back to going full force on youth training like they did before.
    If they again become THE place to go for training, certifications, and competition, THEN they may be able to start rebuilding their reputation with the folks who look only at their political failings.

Considering how little attention they currently pay to those tasks, the tasks that were once the core of the organization, that means probably 98% of their budget is being misspent.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    If they again become THE place to go for training, certifications, and competition, THEN they may be able to start rebuilding their reputation with the folks who look only at their political failings.

Considering how little attention they currently pay to those tasks, the tasks that were once the core of the organization, that means probably 98% of their budget is being misspent.
    Don't get me wrong we still need lobbying and awareness power as our representation is also important just as youth and adult training but they need to balance to equality when deciding what resources are to be spent on. I still enjoy the grants we get from them but feel more should be added.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Last edited:

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Read more at Truth about Guns blog;

As gun-ban advocates (and even some pro-gun voices) gloat over the announcement of National Rifle Association Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre’s resignation, they’re leaving out some important facts. Despite some of NRA’s more recent challenges and criticisms, what they aren’t telling you is that the NRA, under LaPierre’s leadership, has outfoxed them at nearly every turn over the past three decades, leaving those anti-gun groups with very few accomplishments when compared to the sound beatings they’ve repeatedly taken in the political arena.

The author cites a few examples;
    • Concealed carry state laws went from may- to shall-issue
    • Constitutional carry > half the states
    • Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act 2005 (PLCAA) making it illegal to sue gun makers for criminal misuse of guns
    • Federal Assault Weapons Ban law had sunset provision and expired in 2004
    Yes, there could have been more and BIGGER WINS at federal and state level. NRA 2.0 elections can make it better. And the NRA will have excellent company with a number of significant 2A advocates who are winning in the courts and state houses.
    Other groups have worked hard on those issues. The NRA could have been even more effective and what about not having enough money to really pay for their core mission promoting and teaching gun safety to kids and new shooters as well as competitive shooting.

Yeah that is the real problem. Education is super important that's why we have so many anti gunners in our Republic.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Got another mailer from them today wanting me to up my Life Membership from Patron to Benefactor......for the low cost of $350.00...

I know WLP is gone and I said not another damn dime till he's gone........but it's too early to forgive and forget........

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Got another mailer from them today wanting me to up my Life Membership from Patron to Benefactor......for the low cost of $350.00...

I know WLP is gone and I said not another damn dime till he's gone........but it's too early to forgive and forget........
    What really was meant is an entire house cleaning needs to be done cause the corrupt are more than just Wayne.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From Langley Outdoors Academy channel;

HOLY... The NRA Just Threw LaPierre Under The Bus HARD In Court… Claim He “BETRAYED” The NRA… In tonight's video, we dive into what can only be described by hell itself freezing over... The NRA in what has to be an act of self preservation, just threw Wayne LaPierre under the bus...

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas

Attachments

• images.jpg
      images.jpg
      9.5 KB · Views: 16

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I said not another damn dime till he's gone........but it's too early to forgive and forget........
    A couple years ago I sent their pre-filled out “invitation’ back to them with a little about never seeing another dime from me until he was gone, and haven’t gotten anything from them since. Now I’m wondering if they’ll start flooding my mailbox again.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Wayne may be gone but those suits are still in the closets of the NRA. Till we know they will no longer be worn by the new boss, same as the old boss they can pound sand when it comes to me giving them any money.
    I was reading some articles yesterday where it stated the bean counters were putting his charges on others cards and then doing some vague invoicing to cover some of his expenses. Sounds like the executives have been in on this for years. Wayne may be leaving and will be an overall scapegoat but it appears the corruption still exists.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    A bit more than the usual rant as Johnny B channel has 'receipts' on the terrible, horrible, no good very bad WLP

Top Bottom