• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I was reading some articles yesterday where it stated the bean counters were putting his charges on others cards and then doing some vague invoicing to cover some of his expenses. Sounds like the executives have been in on this for years. Wayne may be leaving and will be an overall scapegoat but it appears the corruption still exists.
    Not only that they had convicted felons in some key management positions. And were hiding expenses through Ackerman McQueen. They flat out stole the members money.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I won't repeat the story again but it was clear to the old-time NRA staff, the ones who administered training and competition, that the organization was rotting from the top down all the way back in the mid-1980s. There had been a change in executive culture after the Cincinnati revolt. The folks clawing their way back to power weren't gun guys. They were generic, interchangeable executive types in suits. The competition guys, especially, were unable to conceal their disgust, their complete lack of respect for the new guys who were taking over.

I've stuck up for the NRA in the past. Some of what they do is good. But now I'm beginning to think this dumpster fire is going to bring down the good parts of the NRA, too. If that happens, things will get interesting in many quarters. How many clubs require NRA membership for insurance purposes? How many states require NRA certs to be considered for certain work? If the NRA dies completely, a lot of folks whose livelihood or avocation depends on the bureaucratic structures established by the NRA over the last 100 years will get caught between a large rock and a very hard place.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I read interviews in the past with former spokesmen, various board members, stating that LaPierre was not a shooter or a real gun enthusiast. One guy was relating a time when he took Wayne to an outdoor range and was kind of surprised that he was somewhat awkward with the rifles; it was clear LaPierre was not entirely comfortable or confident when handling the firearms. The man was basically a lobbyist/politician, nothing like Colion Noir or similar.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I won't repeat the story again but it was clear to the old-time NRA staff, the ones who administered training and competition, that the organization was rotting from the top down all the way back in the mid-1980s. There had been a change in executive culture after the Cincinnati revolt. The folks clawing their way back to power weren't gun guys. They were generic, interchangeable executive types in suits. The competition guys, especially, were unable to conceal their disgust, their complete lack of respect for the new guys who were taking over.

I've stuck up for the NRA in the past. Some of what they do is good. But now I'm beginning to think this dumpster fire is going to bring down the good parts of the NRA, too. If that happens, things will get interesting in many quarters. How many clubs require NRA membership for insurance purposes? How many states require NRA certs to be considered for certain work? If the NRA dies completely, a lot of folks whose livelihood or avocation depends on the bureaucratic structures established by the NRA over the last 100 years will get caught between a large rock and a very hard place.
    Unfortunately that's what happens when members don't have control of their own organization. And the board of directors is really an unmanageable mess basically to keep the corrupt in control and for show.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Been getting daily robo calls from "non profit".....I don't answer and they don't leave a message but looking up the number it's the NRA.....

Their donations are down....way down.........

Now Charles Cotton has to go...............

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

surevaliance

Make Glockarev happen!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    AZ

The NRA assisted Roosevelt in drafting the 1934 National Firearms Act and the 1938 Gun Control Act, the first federal gun control laws. These laws placed heavy taxes and regulation requirements on firearms that were associated with crime, such as machine guns, sawed-off shotguns and silencers. Gun sellers and owners were required to register with the federal government and felons were banned from owning weapons. Not only was the legislation unanimously upheld by the Supreme Court in 1939, but Karl T. Frederick, the president of the NRA, testified before Congress stating, “I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses.”

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

The NRA assisted Roosevelt in drafting the 1934 National Firearms Act and the 1938 Gun Control Act, the first federal gun control laws. These laws placed heavy taxes and regulation requirements on firearms that were associated with crime, such as machine guns, sawed-off shotguns and silencers. Gun sellers and owners were required to register with the federal government and felons were banned from owning weapons. Not only was the legislation unanimously upheld by the Supreme Court in 1939, but Karl T. Frederick, the president of the NRA, testified before Congress stating, “I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses.”
    <>

What A-holes ‘’thought’’, and allowing that to influence laws, surely seems like ‘’infringing’’, doesn’t it ?

<>

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    From March's edition of "1st Freedom"
    20240221_042857.jpg

Can you believe the audacity and set of nuts on this guy? You'd think he would've just stepped away quietly.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

! TYRANT !

Self-serving EGOTIST !

For the TX State FONRA Sponsors Banquet in Austin 30 years ago, we were told of a ”Special VIP Guest”, so we thought Heston or Reagan.

“Hail to the Chief” blared & in strode WlP in one of his $7K Italian suits.

I knew right then that our NRA was in big trouble!

leVieux

<>

Top Bottom