Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    “all that needs to occur is for an Appeal to be filed

That is an action.
    Yes, an action taken by the Trump team, which undoubtedly they'll do. That's all that is required, per the decision, for it to be stayed past what's in the original order.

The last half of that page 9 sentence seems to confirm this; if Trump files an appeal on Jan 3rd, he stays on the ballot.

Not that it would ever get to that point; there's tons of potential crazy ahead.
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yes, an action taken by the Trump team, which undoubtedly they'll do. That's all that is required, per the decision, for it to be stayed past what's in the original order.

The last half of that page 9 sentence seems to confirm this; if Trump files an appeal on Jan 3rd, he stays on the ballot.

Not that it would ever get to that point; there's tons of potential crazy ahead.
    You're right, according to Viva Frei, which Robert Barnes concurred, a suit by Trump's team to SCOTUS goes straight to review, which means by their own words Trump should be on the Colorado ballot.

I believe this was just to open the door for other democrat states to follow suit. They are trying to play to the court of public opinion in denouncing Trump.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    You're right, according to Viva Frei, which Robert Barnes concurred, a suit by Trump's team to SCOTUS goes straight to review, which means by their own words Trump should be on the Colorado ballot.

I believe this was just to open the door for other democrat states to follow suit. They are trying to play to the court of public opinion in denouncing Trump.
    Ok thanks, and frankly I wish I had been wrong.

This is all such unfortunate garbage; hard to watch us fall from the inside out, with the judiciary helping. It's getting to the point though of 'bring it'. Near time to cut bait.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    if Trump files an appeal on Jan 3rd, he stays on the ballot.

Technically he does not stay on ballot, only the stay is extended till SCOTUS rules, and it is highly unlikely SCOTUS will not issue rule before primary. And being on the primary is not the issue, being on the November ballot is.

As I originally said, an overturn is required to solve this.

This should be 9-0, but who knows with a Justice who does not know what a woman is.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Technically he does not stay on ballot, only the stay is extended till SCOTUS rules, ...
    The order takes him off the ballot, the stay keeps him on the ballot. If the stay is extended - how is he NOT on the ballot?

I'm really trying to understand here, and I appreciate your words. Thanks ~

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The order takes him off the ballot, the stay keeps him on the ballot. If the stay is extended - how is he NOT on the ballot?

I'm really trying to understand here, and I appreciate your words. Thanks ~

The extended stay is just till SCOTUS rules. Note last sentence:

1703128002666.png

"until the receipt of any order or mandate from the Supreme Court".

So the real determing factor is SCOTUS ruling. Even if Trump does not file before 01/04, say he files on 01/10, if SCOTUS then rules on 01/15 no insurrection took place, he is on the ballot.

The 01/04 is just to give guidance to the SecState as to how to proceed, as 01/05 is when SecState must certify the ballot under CO state law.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The 01/04 is just to give guidance to the SecState as to how to proceed, as 01/05 is when SecState must certify the ballot under CO state law.

What I am saying here.

Colorado law requires SecSate to certify ballot 60 days prior to election which is 01/05.

Colorado Supreme Court is almost certain their decision will be overturned. So much so they decided to give Trump time to file appeal, the appeal will then stay the order, and on 01/5 SecState will certify ballot with Trump on it. SCOTUS will overturn order, and Colorado will have correct ballots in place for election.

Trump should phuck with them and not file till after the certification date. In that case, stay will be lifted on 01/04, SecState will certify ballot without Trump on it. Trump then files appeal, SCOTUS will overturn order, and Colorado will have incorrect ballots and have to re-print them in time for election or postpone election till later.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    The extended stay is just till SCOTUS rules. Note last sentence:

View attachment 421583

"until the receipt of any order or mandate from the Supreme Court".

So the real determing factor is SCOTUS ruling. Even if Trump does not file before 01/04, say he files on 01/10, if SCOTUS then rules on 01/15 no insurrection took place, he is on the ballot.

" ..if SCOTUS then rules on 01/15 no insurrection took place,..." OMG. Think of the fallout from that ruling. Poor Jack Smith. Pfffft.

Reactions: gll

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    What I am saying here.

Colorado law requires SecSate to certify ballot 60 days prior to election which is 01/05.

Colorado Supreme Court is almost certain their decision will be overturned. So much so they decided to give Trump time to file appeal, the appeal will then stay the order, and on 01/5 SecState will certify ballot with Trump on it. SCOTUS will overturn order, and Colorado will have correct ballots in place for election.

Trump should phuck with them and not file till after the certification date. In that case, stay will be lifted on 01/04, SecState will certify ballot without Trump on it. Trump then files appeal, SCOTUS will overturn order, and Colorado will have incorrect ballots and have to re-print them in time for election or postpone election till later.
    This is all such convoluted fuckery. It's hard to like Fed, in this case SCOTUS, interference in State doings...even when it is something I'd otherwise want.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    14h Amendment is part of the Constitution. It is the state interfering in Fed doings. Colorado Supreme Court literally invited SCOTUS to the party.
    Good point, and yet I like that Texas is interfering with the Fed's actions non-actions on the border.

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Smoke and mirrors. To the uninformed it would appear that Trump's name has already been removed from the Colorado primary ballot. It's a means to lower voter turnout. "Why should I vote if the person I want to vote for isn't on it?"

If you search 'Trump removed from ballot' you will get hundreds of sites saying he has been.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Smoke and mirrors. To the uninformed it would appear that Trump's name has already been removed from the Colorado primary ballot. It's a means to lower voter turnout. "Why should I vote if the person I want to vote for isn't on it?"

If you search 'Trump removed from ballot' you will get hundreds of sites saying he has been.
    If that was their goal, it comes with a helluva risk - if & when SCOTUS finds for Trump.... not to mention firing up his base.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom