• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    I am Medically retired from army after 10 years of service. I have a multicam shirt I wear once in a while I took my rank and name tape off but left the flag and my last unit patch. would it be ok to put my name tape back on? And yes I earned the uniform.
    Target Sports

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If anyone can go into a surplus store and put anything they want (even anti-american slogans) on a shirt they bought, I certainly wouldn't look down on any former military personnel leaving or putting their name back on a shirt they earned. Wear it with pride!

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    It won't stand out like our field jackets did in '69, but it'll make the same statement. Thanks for you service, soldier!

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I still like to wear brown t-shirts with my desert boots and blue jeans. That's gotta be like the unofficial off duty uniform

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Thank you for your service. Wear it with pride, however keep your head on a swivel. Do not let others target you for it.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Honestly i dont give a shit. People have been wearing camo fatigues for years. All of a sudden its become some stolen valor shit. I could see if youre trying to get free stuff or whatever but come on.

Anyways, 670-1 talks about the use of uniform. It even says youre supposed to wear a retired patch, no thanks ill wear my unit patches if i feel like it.

Its funny that it also allows for mix wear of the ipfu but not the duty uniform like it used to be popularly worn by other vets ie the field jacket or smokers jacket with jeans.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Honestly i dont give a shit. People have been wearing camo fatigues for years. All of a sudden its become some stolen valor shit. I could see if youre trying to get free stuff or whatever but come on.

Anyways, 670-1 talks about the use of uniform. It even says youre supposed to wear a retired patch, no thanks ill wear my unit patches if i feel like it.

Its funny that it also allows for mix wear of the ipfu but not the duty uniform like it used to be popularly worn by other vets ie the field jacket or smokers jacket with jeans.

I don't need to wear a uniform for discounts. I just show my retired military ID card lol.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Not a big deal... I'm sure it's obvious that you're not pretending to be active duty.

I wore my BDU shirts for a little while after ETS, but it didn't take too many seasons for them to not fit anymore :laughing:

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Not a big deal... I'm sure it's obvious that you're not pretending to be active duty.

I wore my BDU shirts for a little while after ETS, but it didn't take too many seasons for them to not fit anymore :laughing:
    I have the retired military id card to back things up as well as my VA veterans card.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I too am prior service, but my old fatigue shirts that I hung onto (when I was in that's what they were called - not BDU's) still have my name on them.

Now, I can't wear them as I'm a lot heavier, but even if I could I wouldn't want the public to know my last name for a variety of negative reasons.

Please, reconsider re-attaching your name as it could cause you un-forseen problems.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    If they think hes one of them stolen valor cats.

Guess what? Many "stolen valor" cases involve vets, so showing you served doesn't mean you aren't portraying your service for something it wasn't...

And I still don't see how wearing camouflage has anything to do with military service, even military patterns.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Guess what? Many "stolen valor" cases involve vets, so showing you served doesn't mean you aren't portraying your service for something it wasn't...

Ive seen it with senior leaders too, especially in a da photo.

And I still don't see how wearing camouflage has anything to do with military service, even military patterns.

You and i dont see a problem with it. But many people do. Just look anywhere on the internet and you will find people having a fit because someone is wearing even the smallest thing that looks service related.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Just look anywhere on the internet and you will find people having a fit because someone is wearing even the smallest thing that looks service related.
    I think some people have PTSD from getting yelled at for not wearing their cover or improperly blousing their boots ;)

Top Bottom